PDA

View Full Version : Sickening

Tighsonas4
07-May-09, 19:08
when you go to watch the news it makes you wonder just how sick a society we live in when bairns are at risk even at months old
these preditors seem to have good jobs in society tony

Kodiak
07-May-09, 19:10
Which particular News Story are you talking about? Do you have a Link?

unicorn
07-May-09, 19:12
Do we need a link it is a sad and sickening fact in life these days neither the young nor old are safe anymore and nothing is sacred.

Kodiak
07-May-09, 19:19
That is just the point, until we know what the story is about how can we say whether it is Sickening or not.

Ash
07-May-09, 19:23
its vile
no doubt tho they wont get a long sentence
makes my blood boil! [evil]

Tighsonas4
07-May-09, 19:25
That is just the point, until we know what the story is about how can we say whether it is Sickening or not.
i havent the brains to make a link. just pick any news you like
it was on north today and again on the main news which followed tony

percy toboggan
07-May-09, 19:29
I presume you mean the eight homosexual perverts and paedophiles who have been found guilty of abusing toddlers (boys) in an Edinburgh court.

These people are sub-human and whatever drove them to do it should be the catalyst in ending their existence on this planet.

Superior cultures would feed them to wild animals.

Lavenderblue2
07-May-09, 19:32
i havent the brains to make a link. just pick any news you like
it was on north today and again on the main news which followed tony

Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8035680.stm)is the link for you Tighsonas4.

It is the vilest crime I've heard of in a long, long time.

Rheghead
07-May-09, 19:41
Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8035680.stm)is the link for you Tighsonas4.

It is the vilest crime I've heard of in a long, long time.

They just look like normal blokes to me, frightening.:~(

Socrates
07-May-09, 19:45

Kodiak, there is a life outside of forum.
You are reading forum therefore you have internet access. Simply click on any news channel, and voila the story people are referring to is front page news.

Alternatively you could always turn your PC off for a couple of minutes a day and turn on radio.

anneoctober
07-May-09, 19:55
It's probably not PC, but the hangman's noose is too good for this scum. I try to live and let live, as none of us are perfect but, something has gone incredibly wrong in our society to have borne such evil people. It makes me sick and we should get rid of these horrendous excuses for human beings permenantly .[disgust]

Gizmo
07-May-09, 20:37
These men have no right to life...period!

Kodiak
07-May-09, 20:59
Kodiak, there is a life outside of forum.
You are reading forum therefore you have internet access. Simply click on any news channel, and voila the story people are referring to is front page news.

Alternatively you could always turn your PC off for a couple of minutes a day and turn on radio.

I could easily have searched and guess what, I would still not be any the wiser as there are Hundreds of events that have happened that are classed as sickening. All I wanted to know was which particular one they were on about.

One other thing Socrates when I have the temerity to tell you how to live your life you may then and only then tell me how to live mine.

butterfly
07-May-09, 22:50
How will the families ever get over that.It makes you sick to think there is such evil people about.

Bazeye
07-May-09, 23:04
They just look like normal blokes to me, frightening.:~(

How do you imagine paedophiles to look?

Metalattakk
07-May-09, 23:16
How do you imagine paedophiles to look?
I'd imagine they all look like this -

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z55/Metalattakk/garyglitter460.jpg

Or I would if I read the Daily Mail.

Bazeye
07-May-09, 23:32
I'd imagine they all look like this -

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z55/Metalattakk/garyglitter460.jpg

Or I would if I read the Daily Mail.

They should make all paedos go round like that. It would make them easy to spot.

davlaurjen
08-May-09, 00:03
It is unfortunate that the internet can be used to send vile images so easily and quickly among such individuals.

Venture
08-May-09, 06:56
Although the internet now plays a big part in this vile practice it has also helped in catching many of these paedos out. Sadly though, it will never rid this world of these creeps. They will always find a way to prey on the innocent. [disgust]

Happy Rascal
08-May-09, 08:27
I hope all those perverts get put in prision for a very long time I was sickened to hear about the abuse that inflicted on their little victims.

pinotnoir
08-May-09, 09:04
Superior cultures would put them in prison for a very long time and then only release them when certain they were no longer a threat to society.

Barbarian cultures would sentence them to death, follow it through, and then claim to be better than them.

anneoctober
08-May-09, 09:10
Superior cultures would put them in prison for a very long time and then only release them when certain they were no longer a threat to society.

Barbarian cultures would sentence them to death, follow it through, and then claim to be better than them.
which culture do you think the UK as a whole belongs too?

sevenfortyseven
08-May-09, 09:50
its disgusting i dont know why people want to do stuff like that to kids. should force castration on them or send them off to some deserted island. if i found out my kid was getting abused im not sure i could be that merciful though.
not just this either - the stuff baby p went through in his short life brings a tear to your eye.

Tighsonas4
08-May-09, 09:56
which culture do you think the UK as a whole belongs too?
pretty hard question to answer that one these days tony

woofit
08-May-09, 12:32

Not sure about that at all! Do you actually think that anybody who is capable of carrying out such hideous crimes against children, and as young as 3 months and 18 months will ever not be a threat to society??

Why should the taxpayers have to pay to keep scum like that anyway? They will not be a loss to society. Strip them of their human rights, their clothes, their private parts and lobb them onto a deserted island (preferably one with anthrax spores) and they can take their chances. I certainly wouldn't loose any sleep over making that decision.

Tighsonas4
08-May-09, 12:51
its not only the young that are at it, you see some that are being charged in their 70s tony

hotrod4
11-May-09, 06:34
It seems to be everywhere,it wasnt so long ago that the police traced one of these sick "people" in Wick.Hard to believe but its everywhere.They need to be chemically castrated and then placed in a room with some mothers, that would sort them out good and proper.[evil]

Gene Hunt
11-May-09, 09:16

So according to you ..

Putting people like these who take and destroy lives in a comfortable cell with three square meals a day, home comforts and light and warmth is civilised. But taking from them what they knowingly took form others and making them pay for their crimes with their final breath makes us Barbarians ??

Ah right .. "Human Rights" isnt it ??, the claim that some to seem to champion for people who ignore the "Human Rights" of their victims. If you disregard the "Human Rights" of others you forfeit your own in my view. Nietzsche once wrote .. "The level of civilization attained by a society can be gauged by looking at its prisoners" .. paints a bleak view of us doesnt it ??

Oh and it isnt just men you need to worry about, Women are Paedophiles too, on a much lower scale but it does happen .. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8022861.stm

Rheghead
11-May-09, 09:35
To me these people are ill. There are kids born today that will become likewise ill. We need to break the chain of events that make these people into monsters. We need to stop being so over-the-top to the problem and get things in place to stop it. Otherwise there will be just the same number of paedos out there tomorrow as there are today. I have no answers, I wish I do but just locking up offenders (It still should be the main punishment) when they are too far gone isn't the answer. Simply saying to ones self that they have a choice not to do that is being naive. If it were that simple we wouldn't have a problem. These cretins don't see a problem with what they are doing and that is the biggest problem. I believe behind one tragedy today there must have been one 20 years ago that wasn't addressed that should have been.

We need more pro-active monitoring of family groups that will seem like big brother. Otherwise closed doors will breed more monsters like Rennie and co.

[evil]

percy toboggan
11-May-09, 13:24
To me these people are ill. There are kids born today that will become likewise ill. We need to break the chain of events that make these people into monsters. ....

[evil]

I do not believe they are 'ill' in the normal sense of the word. The attraction towards young children - in so much as certain people are born this way - might even be described as a 'natural' condition, though obviously NOT normal, much less acceptable. The standards and rules of society have thankfully proceeded at a quicker rate than evolution and acting upon such attractions is now wholly unacceptable and punishable by law.

To describe people like those convicted recently as 'ill' does the genuinely sick a huge dis-service.

Psycho-sexual disorders are legion, and I'm no expert but I'd guess once the brain is pre-programmed or hard-wired towards paedophilia then , just like homosexuality, or heterosexuality there is no real prospect for turning around ones inborn desires.

Not every paedophile will have been born this way. Just as not every homosexual is born 'gay' Nurture, aside from nature can play a big part . So too can the failure, or inability to cultivate relationships which society deems acceptable - or 'normal' ....

...and we should also not diminish the role 'power' plays in these perverted desires. I have always thought castration (chemical or physical) a useless way to deal with paedophiles, the release of the sexual act is not always the primary driver.It is often about 'control' stemming from deep inadequacies within the offender.

Repeat, or serious offenders need to be isolated - if not executed. For 'cure' is not the option here....it's all about safe containment.

Release for people depraved enough to harm babies or toddlers for their own sexual satisfaction should not , in my opinion ever be sanctioned. They place themselves beyond compassion or understanding. They are 100% selfish and the only satisfactory response is 100% containment 100% of their time on the planet.

Either that or throw them off a cliff.

Rheghead
11-May-09, 13:29
throw them off a cliff.

I agree emotionally but that is not option. Even so if it was it wouldn't reduce the number of offenders unless we pre-empt the point at which these persons can't realise right from wrong.

Mrs Bucket
11-May-09, 13:34
It's probably not PC, but the hangman's noose is too good for this scum. I try to live and let live, as none of us are perfect but, something has gone incredibly wrong in our society to have borne such evil people. It makes me sick and we should get rid of these horrendous excuses for human beings permenantly .[disgust] I agree 100% I wish something more could be done to protest innocent human beings. I also think the public should know where they are living they get too much protection

Rheghead
11-May-09, 13:40
The attraction towards young children.

I don't agree that these people can have a genuine attraction to young people. How can the physical attributes of a 12 month old get you going?? It cannot unless your ill. Physical attraction to a developed sex is hard-wired, that is what happens to everyone of us, we become attractive to the opposite sex when we bloom, no different to when a flower opens up.

percy toboggan
11-May-09, 19:58
I don't agree that these people can have a genuine attraction to young people. How can the physical attributes of a 12 month old get you going?? It cannot unless your ill. Physical attraction to a developed sex is hard-wired, that is what happens to everyone of us, we become attractive to the opposite sex when we bloom, no different to when a flower opens up.

You miss an essential point Rheghead...the attraction might not be purely physical. It can lie in innocence and the opportunity to wield complete control.
These people are not stupid but they are driven by an often innate
desire to manipulate and use.
Many of them would find an adult body off-putting due in some cases to self-loathing in which they might merely see a mirror image of themselves.

This is an extremely complex subject and one which I do not like to visit often, but trying to write off , or explain away these creatures as being 'ill' is a mistake in my book. For the most part they are devious, selfish scum with no moral compass. It is difficult to seperate emotion from the issue, even moreso when one is a parent oneself.

Rheghead
11-May-09, 23:16
You miss an essential point Rheghead...the attraction might not be purely physical. It can lie in innocence and the opportunity to wield complete control.
These people are not stupid but they are driven by an often innate
desire to manipulate and use.
Many of them would find an adult body off-putting due in some cases to self-loathing in which they might merely see a mirror image of themselves.

This is an extremely complex subject and one which I do not like to visit often, but trying to write off , or explain away these creatures as being 'ill' is a mistake in my book. For the most part they are devious, selfish scum with no moral compass. It is difficult to seperate emotion from the issue, even moreso when one is a parent oneself.

Sorry but your post just reinforces my belief that these people are mentally ill.

Anne x
11-May-09, 23:34
To me a Mother Sickening No excuses and if I had my way Cut em off end of story tbh cannot comprehend whats going on and do not Honestly believe that any person that would inflict harm on a child (baby )in this manner is worthy of any sort of mention in society let alone a forum
but sadly its happening far too often and some say We are not shocked anymore by everyday occurences and within our own walls we goor say is that not awful but still it happens and goes on and on

Bazeye
12-May-09, 11:36
I agree emotionally but that is not option. Even so if it was it wouldn't reduce the number of offenders unless we pre-empt the point at which these persons can't realise right from wrong.

It might not reduce the numbers but there would be no chance of them re offending.

loobyloo
12-May-09, 12:20
I always 'thought' (and we know what thought did) that paedophiles were, in the majority of cases, abused themselves as children. Is this not the case? Does anyone know of the current thinking of psychologists about the reasons it happens? If we can't fathom the reasons, we can't stop it.

It really would be a hopeless thought, if there was no way to stop it :(

King_Creon
12-May-09, 23:08
I completely disagree with the death penalty on all counts, even with a case as disturbing as this. And to be honest, by 'castrating them' or 'throwing them off a cliff' would not solve the problem. It is a social&political condition in which we live that causes these things to happen. We need to look deeper into the issue rather than just saying 'lets kill all the pedos'.

Everyone keeps making reference to 'these days' as if the last generation was anything different. When I was growing up there were pedophiles too, we just called them 'bad men' or 'strangers'.

Also, this story is no more disturbing than this one: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/8030258.stm

percy toboggan
13-May-09, 07:34
I completely disagree with the death penalty on all counts, even with a case as disturbing as this. And to be honest, by 'castrating them' or 'throwing them off a cliff' would not solve the problem. It is a social&political condition in which we live that causes these things to happen. We need to look deeper into the issue rather than just saying 'lets kill all the pedos'.

Everyone keeps making reference to 'these days' as if the last generation was anything different. When I was growing up there were pedophiles too, we just called them 'bad men' or 'strangers'.

Also, this story is no more disturbing than this one: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/8030258.stm

A lack lustre contribution which makes little sense and takes the debate nowhere.

I blame 'politics' for many things but fail to see where we can hang this on politics or even politicians - I'll not grace 'em with a capital pee.

This abhorrent behaviour is criminal. Yet goes beyond simple criminality in that it preys on the most vulnerable. Their protection far outweighs any rights of perpetrators.

I did not follow your link but fail to see any value in comparing the awfulness or shock value of desperately sad stories such as this one.

annthracks
13-May-09, 08:51
They should make all paedos go round like that. It would make them easy to spot.

adds new meaning to the words "Do you wanna be in my gang"

annthracks
13-May-09, 09:03
Originally Posted by anneoctober
I try to live and let live, as none of us are perfect but, something has gone incredibly wrong in our society to have borne such evil people.

Yes, something went incredibly wrong a couple of decades ago... we had a bunch of PC softies getting rid of corporal punishment in schools and telling us it was wrong to punish disobedience - I got 12 of the belt (once - was enough) and believe me when I say I didn't ever want to risk getting it again!

King_Creon
13-May-09, 13:20
A lack lustre contribution which makes little sense and takes the debate nowhere.

I blame 'politics' for many things but fail to see where we can hang this on politics or even politicians - I'll not grace 'em with a capital pee.

This abhorrent behaviour is criminal. Yet goes beyond simple criminality in that it preys on the most vulnerable. Their protection far outweighs any rights of perpetrators.

I did not follow your link but fail to see any value in comparing the awfulness or shock value of desperately sad stories such as this one.

"Either that or throw them off a cliff" is what I consider to be "A lack lustre contribution which makes little sense and takes the debate nowhere."

Cheers Toboggan

percy toboggan
13-May-09, 13:39
"Either that or throw them off a cliff" is what I consider to be "A lack lustre contribution which makes little sense and takes the debate nowhere."

Cheers Toboggan

You only read the last line then. Fair enough...maybe it was a bit overlong for those with challenged attention spans.
If the cap fits...etc. etc..
cheers yerself Kingy - mines a bitter.

King_Creon
13-May-09, 14:07
You only read the last line then. Fair enough...maybe it was a bit overlong for those with challenged attention spans.
If the cap fits...etc. etc..
cheers yerself Kingy - mines a bitter.

I read your whole post. You were the one who didn't click on my link in a previous post. So don't come at me by insulting my attention span. How about you step off your high horse for 10 seconds and stop trying to place yourself above everyone else on this forum.

And cheers, I'll buy this round but next time, mine's a Guiness.

percy toboggan
14-May-09, 07:14
I read your whole post. You were the one who didn't click on my link in a previous post. So don't come at me by insulting my attention span. How about you step off your high horse for 10 seconds and stop trying to place yourself above everyone else on this forum.

And cheers, I'll buy this round but next time, mine's a Guiness.

It would be too high and mighty to point out the black stuff is spelt with two n's so I won't. I made the same mistake myself only last week.
I'll not be on any horse for a long, long time - high or not.

There are many, many people who put me in the shade on this forum Creon, you're not one of them...yet. You've got off to a reasonable start though.