PDA

View Full Version : spoof halifax email

cemmts
07-May-09, 16:00
Just a heads up for you all I just recieved a email form halifax saying to login to a site and change my details etc "they have been trying to contact me". I dont even have a account with halifax very plain email just letting you all know.

Invisible
07-May-09, 16:47
Just a heads up for you all I just recieved a email form halifax saying to login to a site and change my details etc "they have been trying to contact me". I dont even have a account with halifax very plain email just letting you all know.

I got the same email from the Bank of Scotland and Lloyds, i just deleted straight away cos i havent had any business with either banks.

poppett
07-May-09, 16:54
The bank I do have dealings with sent an email via internet banking system to say they NEVER make contact by general email regarding altering account details. Occasionally there is an update about account changes but this appears after log-in on the internet site.

Anything like that gets deleted on my pc

teenybash
07-May-09, 16:58
I don't even open bank emails as they are spoofs....always delete.

Thumper
07-May-09, 17:20
I always forward the emails to the bank in question,that way they know that they are circulating and can use the emails to help track the criminals down x

Kodiak
07-May-09, 17:46

Nothing new here then, this type on Spam is semt out every day. I get several Hundred Spam a Day and there are a lot like this, or from Royal Bank of Canada or such like.

Just do what I do and BIN them and then forget them. :D

lexie
07-May-09, 19:03
always delete these.... if bank or building society wants to contact you.. they willl do it by letter!

skinnydog
07-May-09, 20:48
I get e-mails from banks and building soc. that I don't have accounts with on a regular basis. Like others on this thread, I don't even open them just delete them.

balto
07-May-09, 20:58
these sort of emails only should be in one place and thats the bin, i have recieved a number of such emails from different banks but never the one i actually bank with.

katarina
08-May-09, 15:29
I always forward the emails to the bank in question,that way they know that they are circulating and can use the emails to help track the criminals down x

That's what I do too. I seem to get at least three a week from Loyds and TSB and I don't bank with them.