PDA

View Full Version : For all you 'nagged' men out there....

Alice in Blunderland
07-May-09, 08:43
.....a song about it as heard on the radio. It made me laugh. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FD4t5Jy91U

Ps I dont call it nagging just gentle reminders. ;)

Gene Hunt
07-May-09, 09:27
Cheers Alice, that has been forwarded to the e mail accounts of my wife and daughters.

Sums up my life perfectly with them, they never let up. If I say anything to one they all join in. Its like living with a coven of man hating harridans. I came back from work last night to find them all in different coloured face packs, I thought we were being burgled by colour blind clowns, its not my fault if I tend to say what I think.

Do all women like nagging or am I just unlucky with Mrs Hunt and the Huntettes ??

Fluff
07-May-09, 11:36
Well I can't win. My boyfriend complains I don't trust him to do stuff and I nag etc.. but when it is his day off he does nothing! he even says he forgets, he will do it when I am there but that is it!
I don't say anything, nothing gets done. I say something and he complains!!

Kodiak
07-May-09, 12:40
Well I can't win. My boyfriend complains I don't trust him to do stuff and I nag etc.. but when it is his day off he does nothing! he even says he forgets, he will do it when I am there but that is it!
I don't say anything, nothing gets done. I say something and he complains!!

This is where Men and Women will never see eye to eye.

The Magic Words there are DAY OFF this means a Day of Rest not working about the house or in the Garden. Day Off means it is a Day to Relax and to ReCharge the Batteries.

After a Hard Weeks Work a Man deserves to have a Day Off and to just Relax. :Razz

Janifar
07-May-09, 13:01
We..ll Thinking on the title of this Thread the concept of a Nagged man is a misnomer.

There is no such thing as a 'Nagged Man'
There are men out there that claim they are nagged but in reality what is happening is -

The man promises or says he will do something - it can be anything not just handy work- then he does not do it.
His partner comments on the fact he has not done it and he again promises.
It still does not get done.:eek:

Now..... it is about this point the claim of 'nagging' will set in... [disgust]

But in reality it is 'Him' feeling guilty about not doing the 'project' and then getting huffy because they know they should have done it and doesn't like it being pointed out to them.
So... he is not a 'Nagged Man' but a man with a guilty conscience, and he would rather accuse his partner of nagging than admitting he has not done what he promised.

highlander
07-May-09, 13:16
Janifar i could not said it better than that, never a truer word typed lol

Fluff
07-May-09, 13:21
This is where Men and Women will never see eye to eye.

The Magic Words there are DAY OFF this means a Day of Rest not working about the house or in the Garden. Day Off means it is a Day to Relax and to ReCharge the Batteries.

After a Hard Weeks Work a Man deserves to have a Day Off and to just Relax. :Razz

Ok let me put it like this then I work more hours than him but my day's off are spent cleaning and tidying up! Why can men not understand they would get alot more brownie points if they helped without being asked to!

Janifer you have it in one there!

Alice in Blunderland
07-May-09, 13:45
Cheers Alice, that has been forwarded to the e mail accounts of my wife and daughters.

Sums up my life perfectly with them, they never let up. If I say anything to one they all join in. Its like living with a coven of man hating harridans. I came back from work last night to find them all in different coloured face packs, I thought we were being burgled by colour blind clowns, its not my fault if I tend to say what I think.

Do all women like nagging or am I just unlucky with Mrs Hunt and the Huntettes ??

Your doomed, doomed. Only man in a house of females :eek: well what can I say................. your never going to win ..... never. ;)

Oh and as I said befor we dont nag...........just remind you gently.

Gene Hunt
07-May-09, 13:50
Ok let me put it like this then I work more hours than him but my day's off are spent cleaning and tidying up! Why can men not understand they would get alot more brownie points if they helped without being asked to!

Janifer you have it in one there!

Women are insane. Nuts. Completely Bonkers. Wired to the Moon. Out to Lunch. Pick your description but Ladies you are all completely and utterly Mad. Very well designed on the outside but the software needs an rationality update.

Myself and the wife both work and we share the household stuff, our girls do their own washing and ironing and a bit of a tidy up every day for their allowance. I do the ironing for us and the wife does the washing and day to day things work well. We both take turns to do the shopping. I do my share and am happy to so.

But they nag, God how they nag. If I make a bacon sandwich and decide to eat it before cleaning up and doing the dishes they start in a trio of synchronised female whining and bleating because I havent cleaned up right away. Because I havent done it THEIR way they get on my case and dont let go. They are like a pack of lions with an antelope and they just wont stop until its ripped to pieces. Like when we do the shopping and women complain because we have bough the wrong brand of something. Our efforts are not appreciated, no, all that matters is that we did ONE thing wrong. We bought Persil instead of Ariel and they start, and dont stop for blinking hours about the difference .. :confused We are then reminded of this again and again until we just decide one day to tune out and let you drone on and on and on.

Women nag to get us to do somthing, then they nag that we arent doing it right, then they nag that we have a bad attitude because we dont take thier "advice", at this point we are wondering why if you are such an expert you havent done it yourselves, then they they nag about that time that they were just trying to help (read .. they were nagging us) and WE got upset with them "for no reason" .. we cant win.

Thats why we dont listen to you .. ;)

Alice in Blunderland
07-May-09, 13:54
Women are insane. Nuts. Completely Bonkers. Wired to the Moon. Out to Lunch. Pick your description but Ladies you are all completely and utterly Mad. Very well designed on the outside but the software needs an rationality update.

Myself and the wife both work and we share the household stuff, our girls do their own washing and ironing and a bit of a tidy up every day for their allowance. I do the ironing for us and the wife does the washing and day to day things work well. We both take turns to do the shopping. I do my share and am happy to so.

But they nag, God how they nag. If I make a bacon sandwich and decide to eat it before cleaning up and doing the dishes they start in a trio of synchronised female whining and bleating because I havent cleaned up right away. Because I havent done it THEIR way they get on my case and dont let go. They are like a pack of lions with an antelope and they just wont stop until its ripped to pieces. Like when we do the shopping and women complain because we have bough the wrong brand of something. Our efforts are not appreciated, no, all that matters is that we did ONE thing wrong. We bought Persil instead of Ariel and they start, and dont stop for blinking hours about the difference .. :confused We are then reminded of this again and again until we just decide one day to tune out and let you drone on and on and on.

Women nag to get us to do somthing, then they nag that we arent doing it right, then they nag that we have a bad attitude because we dont take thier "advice", at this point we are wondering why if you are such an expert you havent done it yourselves, then they they nag about that time that they were just trying to help (read .. they were nagging us) and WE got upset with them "for no reason" .. we cant win.

Thats why we dont listen to you .. ;)

Ah but you just gotta love us eh, eh, go on...... admit it......... you love us really ,truly, honestly. Where would you be without the love of a good woman eh ?? ...........and the nagging. :Razz

butterfly
07-May-09, 14:09
It's not nagging........just constructive critism!;)

S&LHEN
07-May-09, 16:13
Well said Butterfly ha ha ha lmao:lol:

It's not nagging........just constructive critism!;)

Nvidi4
07-May-09, 16:25

But they nag, God how they nag. If I make a bacon sandwich and decide to eat it before cleaning up and doing the dishes they start in a trio of synchronised female whining and bleating because I havent cleaned up right away. Because I havent done it THEIR way they get on my case and dont let go. They are like a pack of lions with an antelope and they just wont stop until its ripped to pieces. Like when we do the shopping and women complain because we have bough the wrong brand of something. Our efforts are not appreciated, no, all that matters is that we did ONE thing wrong. We bought Persil instead of Ariel and they start, and dont stop for blinking hours about the difference ..We are then reminded of this again and again until we just decide one day to tune out and let you drone on and on and on.

Thats why we dont listen to you ..

LMSO!!:Razz

Alice in Blunderland
07-May-09, 16:26
Lets just face it shall we............they just havent got the stamina us women have. :lol:

They cant even outlive us. ;)

Next they will be saying they die earlier to get some peace and quiet before we join them and start the nagging ( ahem constructive criticism )all over again. :Razz

poppett
07-May-09, 16:51
Do we girls really suffer from repetitive stress syndrome of the tongue? More like the menfolk suffer selective hearing loss when we are communicating with them.

Gene Hunt
07-May-09, 17:34
Ah but you just gotta love us eh, eh, go on...... admit it......... you love us really ,truly, honestly. Where would you be without the love of a good woman eh ?? ...........and the nagging. :Razz

Your 100% right, I do actually.

I love my wife to bits, I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasnt for her support and her confidence in me. I love my daughters as well, couldnt be more prouder of them, but they are nearly 17 now they are just fraying my last nerve in a lot of ways. But I suppose thats just teenagers in general.

I just want to be able to have a bacon sarnie without getting the spanish inquisition over the state of the kitchen.

Have you women not worked it out yet ??, you can talk at us all day and it makes no odds. All you have to do is spring us a few beers, a curry, pretend your interested in what we have to say and we are putty in your hands. Throw in some naughty underwear and we are slaves to your will.

You will catch more flies with honey than you ever will with vinegar.

Alice in Blunderland
07-May-09, 17:44
Your 100% right,

Of course I am I'm female. ;)

Have you women not worked it out yet ??, you can talk at us all day and it makes no odds. All you have to do is spring us a few beers, a curry, pretend your interested in what we have to say and we are putty in your hands. Throw in some naughty underwear and we are slaves to your will.

Of course we have worked it out we know how to get around the men in our life easy, peasy we just save that kind of persuassion for momments when we really ,really want something special .Not for mundane chores sheesh, men give them an inch........ :roll:

You will catch more flies with honey than you ever will with vinegar.

Yip true but be carefull for that great big fly swatter thats always close to hand to remind you whos the boss. hee ,hee. :Razz

Oops now Im off to make the tea and set the table, run my husbands bath and lay out his change of clothes.............I saw a nice handbag I fancy.

Come on now bite GH bite.....................

Kodiak
07-May-09, 17:49
Do we girls really suffer from repetitive stress syndrome of the tongue? More like the menfolk suffer selective hearing loss when we are communicating with them.

Sorry could you repeat that as my Tin Ear is Playing up and I did not hear you :Razz

Alice in Blunderland
07-May-09, 18:10
Sorry could you repeat that as my Tin Ear is Playing up and I did not hear you

:lol: :lol: Terrible how old age can make things wear out, fall out,fade out and just stop functioning altogether. :Razz

Rheghead
07-May-09, 18:24
It is probably more cost effective on the old ear strain for me to go to work and do overtime and pay a jobber to do stuff around the house than be nagged at home about how I'm doing the job myself.:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
07-May-09, 18:37
It is probably more cost effective on the old ear strain for me to go to work and do overtime and pay a jobber to do stuff around the house than be nagged at home about how I'm doing the job myself.:lol:

OOOOO youre history when the wife reads this post Rheghead......:lol:

joxville
07-May-09, 18:56
Terrible how old age can make things wear out, fall out,fade out and just stop functioning altogether. :Razz

Well you women know all about that!!!!!!!! Bingo wings, varicose veins, boobs around yer waist, yer waist around yer hips and backsides near your knees. [lol]

Anne x
07-May-09, 19:14
Well you women know all about that!!!!!!!! Bingo wings, varicose veins, boobs around yer waist, yer waist around yer hips and backsides near your knees. [lol]

answer to each
And that will be from taking in the coal , treading the grapes for your wine ,having your Kids and making all things fattening for the dinner [lol]

all of course to please the serene master who is just a shadow of his former boyish self
had a wee memory lapse there
No beer belly, no hair loss, no thickening of the waist just a 1st class degree in Gurning
and of course woman are entitled to nag only way to get things done

Alice in Blunderland
07-May-09, 20:05

lol have you just described your ideal looking woman............ :lol:

Its these men ..........running around after them fairly takes it out of us girlies.

Nothing in that list a good plastic surgeon cant fix. ;)

joxville
07-May-09, 20:17
lol have you just described your ideal looking woman............ :lol:

Its these men ..........running around after them fairly takes it out of us girlies.

Nothing in that list a good plastic surgeon cant fix. ;)

1. No...that's the ones I've dumped-they're past their best.

2. More like a miracle worker is what's needed. [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
07-May-09, 21:15
Ive just thought..........Did they not say that Hilary Clinton struggled at one point to get votes because the men thought she sounded like a nagging wife...................... :confused :roll:

DeHaviLand
07-May-09, 21:23
Jeez, I've not been nagged at in 2 1/2 years. The rest of you men must be doing something wrong! Am I the perfect husband?

No, just single. Ah, bliss :lol:;)

Whitewater
07-May-09, 21:47
After a lifetime of being nagged, I usually agree but suggest an alternative. This seems to throw Mrs Whitewater into thinking mode. I then get peace for a few days until she works out her next approach, it usually involves her half agreeing with me, after I embelish my original suggestion a bit more she is instantantly back into thinking mode. It has developed into a sort of game we play, in the end I compliment her on her brilliant idea and go away happily doing the job the way I? she, finally wants it. It is great fun, works wonderfully and keeps us both sane.