PDA

View Full Version : Place suggestions for 360's

t
06-May-09, 21:09
Anyone here suggest some good places in and around Caithness nearer Thurso the better for doing some fully panoramic photos.

I have completed a few test shots this week at Dunnet/castletown/Thurso.

You can see some here http://www.pennyland.co.uk under the panoramic section

Cheers

Mystical Potato Head
06-May-09, 21:52
Maybe you should host one of your images on photobucket and then post it here instead of just giving a link to a website.

t
06-May-09, 21:54
I am unable to do that as the images are in a flash format and if I was to upload the image itself it would be huge as it is approx 60 odd photos in 1 picture.

Mystical Potato Head
06-May-09, 22:10
They must be big,i gave up waiting for it to load.

t
06-May-09, 22:23
You must have a slow connection then as the biggest one is 1meg

Mystical Potato Head
06-May-09, 22:39
Try Holborn Head.

Deemac
06-May-09, 23:18
Sorry, I gave up waiting for the pano's to.

PS: Westerdale is spelt with one L not two.

Mystical Potato Head
06-May-09, 23:20
Must be your slow connection too Deemac.

Aaldtimer
07-May-09, 03:37
Loaded ok for me , but can't say I was very impressed with the results.:(

Sporran
07-May-09, 05:32
Well I *am* impressed with the results! Well done, t! :)

The panoramas loaded for me in no time at all, and they're all lovely. I'm especially taken with the one of Thurso Beach, as it brought back a lot of memories to me. I almost felt like I was right there! :cool:

I agree that Holborn Head would be good - Scrabster as well. Another suggestion would be Thurso East. A panorama taken from one of the church spires in Thurso would be fantastic! :D

Mystical Potato Head
07-May-09, 07:09
Loaded ok this morning but not my "cup of tea."

Deemac
07-May-09, 08:35
OK, I only have an half meg broadband connection at home, so I tried at work which has an eight meg connection. I also loaded the latest flash plugin (version 10.0.22.87) and still I do not see your pano's (only the thumbnails)!! - I just get an error on the page load.

Would suggest your site to too bandwidth demanding and flash heavy (at least for me). What I did see looked fine if a little light in variety within the various sections.

Lavenderblue2
07-May-09, 16:33
A panorama taken from one of the church spires in Thurso would be fantastic! :D

Funny you should say that Sporran, I noticed a photographer on the top of St Peter's and St Andrew's (the big church in the square) the day before yesterday; I wonder if we'll see the results on here? :)

poppett
07-May-09, 17:26
An amazing view of Thurso is taken from up the river above the cemetery to incorporate all of the town. Saw it on a print some while ago in the foyer at Ormlie funeral parlour.

Agree view from Thurso East would be good too.

Sporran
07-May-09, 17:29
Funny you should say that Sporran, I noticed a photographer on the top of St Peter's and St Andrew's (the big church in the square) the day before yesterday; I wonder if we'll see the results on here? :)

Ooh, I hope we do, Lavenderblue2! :) I really enjoyed the photos that highlander posted here a few months ago. They were taken from atop Thurso West Church, in Sinclair Street.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=446097&highlight=Birds+view#post446097

Lavenderblue2
07-May-09, 17:52
Ooh, I hope we do, Lavenderblue2! :) I really enjoyed the photos that highlander posted here a few months ago. They were taken from atop Thurso West Church, in Sinclair Street.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=446097&highlight=Birds+view#post446097

Yes Sporran, they were excellent - here's hoping we soon see the ones taken this week! :)