PDA

View Full Version : Would you risk your life.

balto
06-May-09, 17:30
Have just watched the trailer for tonight extrordinary people on five at 9, tonight one is about a man who is willing to give half his liver to his mum to save her life, with the risk to his own life. It got me thinking if i would be willing to carry out such an act and i think i can say yes, mind you wouldnt be willing to do it for just anyone, i would for my mum and dad, as they gave me life so its only right(god i hope im never in that situation to start with), would also give anything to my kids if it ment that they would recover. How many of you would be willing to put your life on the line to help someone you loved.

ellimac
06-May-09, 18:04
I'd have to say yes I would, I'd do anything if it was to help my kids, be it a kidney or liver etc, same goes for my OH, I'd do anything to help him and I know it would be vice versa.......:D

cuddlepop
06-May-09, 18:25
I would donate anypart of my bodyily organs to my family and do donate blood not sure if I could give a kidney to a non member of my family.It would all depend on circumstances.

Kodiak
06-May-09, 18:28
I would say I would do Anything for my Wife, Sons their Wives and their Children. So a Big yes for close family.

starry
06-May-09, 18:28
If I had one child and no other dependents then yes without a doubt I would do whatever I could to keep them alive.

But if I had other children who were dependent on me and the risk to my own life was high then I would say no.

northener
06-May-09, 18:40
I'd pity the poor sod who got half of my liver.:eek:

joxville
06-May-09, 19:44
One of my family, there would be no doubt I'd help them out...not sure about anyone else though.

PS I have a spare kidney for sale, only £50,000.

northener
06-May-09, 19:53

I'll take three, please.

ShelleyCowie
06-May-09, 20:19
Have just watched the trailer for tonight extrordinary people on five at 9, tonight one is about a man who is willing to give half his liver to his mum to save her life, with the risk to his own life. It got me thinking if i would be willing to carry out such an act and i think i can say yes, mind you wouldnt be willing to do it for just anyone, i would for my mum and dad, as they gave me life so its only right(god i hope im never in that situation to start with), would also give anything to my kids if it ment that they would recover. How many of you would be willing to put your life on the line to help someone you loved.

*Ahem* i dont see u mentioning my name in there! [lol]

I would give my heart to save athrun! I would do the same for Chris and his 2 boys, and my family and closest friends!

And you too balto! :Razz See im the nice one! :lol:

S&LHEN
06-May-09, 20:23
I definatly would but only for my nearest and dearest ;)

balto
06-May-09, 20:24
*Ahem* i dont see u mentioning my name in there!

I would give my heart to save athrun! I would do the same for Chris and his 2 boys, and my family and closest friends!

And you too balto! :Razz See im the nice one! :lol:
ok shelley, if i must i would try to save you aswell, but then again your that mad woman your beyond help lol.[lol]

ShelleyCowie
06-May-09, 22:04
ok shelley, if i must i would try to save you aswell, but then again your that mad woman your beyond help lol.[lol]

Thats what my mother said too! Haha.

anneoctober
07-May-09, 13:36
One of my family, there would be no doubt I'd help them out...not sure about anyone else though.

with only 60 years on e clock............[lol]

the poacher
07-May-09, 15:32
yip i agree with all of you i would do anything for my family even if it puts my own life in danger.

i would realy have to think hard for anyone else.

joxville
07-May-09, 19:09
with only 60 years on e clock............[lol]
44 years (and 2 days) actually. Though I've only used one, the other is still in brand new condition. :Razz

percy toboggan
07-May-09, 19:19
My Mother would not have asked for half of my liver.
She could have had a kidney though - no charge.
The Liver? Well , i need it all.
If you think that's offal I'll just have to live with it.

Vistravi
07-May-09, 19:27
I would do anything for my close family and close friends. For my younger brothers i would die for. They're always going to be boys to me never men even when we're all old.
I would do anything for my mum as she is the only parent i have left. I know there is plenty of people that have plenty of negative things to say about my mum but she's the only mum i have and even though I didn't speak to her for 2 years after my dad died and hated her for a bit, i still love her.

balto
07-May-09, 20:31
it must be a hard decision really, i wouldnt ever fancy making it.

Dadie
07-May-09, 21:01
I would like to think I would for family.
But you never know until you are put in that situation at that time what you would actually do.
And your reasoning behind it.

Bazeye
07-May-09, 23:36
I'd pity the poor sod who got half of my liver.:eek:

Did you donate to George Best? :D

achingale
08-May-09, 11:04
I don't think any of us would hesitate to go through something like that for our parents or children. I know I would do it.

Fran
08-May-09, 15:37
Talking of transplants, another caithness person has had a successful kidney transplant,thats 8 in caithness now that i know of ..

George Brims
08-May-09, 18:55
I wonder if anyone will mention on this show that a lobe of a liver can now be removed for donation through arthroscopic surgery rather than a big incision. And here's the great bit - it will grow back! It's about the only part of the human body that will re-generate like that. I've been thinking of donating the various lobes of mine in turn, so the whole thing is regenerated bits. Heaven knows, it needs refreshed.