PDA

View Full Version : Return to Sender

starry
06-May-09, 16:44
When did you last write a letter ?

I don't think I have written a proper letter for years, I have put wee notes in birthday cards or such like but not a real old fashioned letter.

Has it completely died out ?

Kodiak
06-May-09, 18:01
The pnly people who send out letters now are Bank Managers and then they charge you £30.00 for the priviledge. :confused

Dadie
06-May-09, 21:16
I sent a couple of letters within the last 2 weeks.Both of them have gone unreplied to.....both of them were sent recorded as they were complaints though....and had to be put in writing!

Rheghead
06-May-09, 21:22
I wrote a letter to my aunt about a month ago, before that I can't remember but I did buy a book on proper letter writing once over. It is a dying art I think.

balto
06-May-09, 21:23
havent written an letter for ages, i normally just send emails if needed.

Fluff
06-May-09, 22:06
I wrote letters to my brother while he was in Afghanistan, but I used E-blueys as it is quicker. Not sure if it counts but I like to think it does.

ShelleyCowie
06-May-09, 23:25
I used to write to my pen pal/old friend!

It was a guy i worked with, he was a backpacker and stopped in thruso for several months! He was my best friend for ages, originally from New Zeland. He used to send me a letter/postcard every month along with other gifts from his travels after he left.

Over the last few years i have lost touch with him because he has been on the move so much, but i still have all his letters! :Razz

Might try and track him down now actually! ;)

Dadie
07-May-09, 18:49
Im writing another nasty letter to a big diy/kitchen/bathroom/and gardening store in wick (no names mentioned)

and hope to have my complaint addressed quickly this time and a reply.:lol:

not holding my breath on this one though:eek:

Vistravi
07-May-09, 19:39
havent written an letter for ages, i normally just send emails if needed.

Technically emails are the new letter......;) Much easier and more convievent(sp)

Dadie
07-May-09, 19:42
I will be writing some nice letters next week as Iona will be 1 on the 14th and I will have to write thank you letters as she cant:lol:

I cant believe she will be 1 already..... doesnt seem like yesterday I was taking her home from the hospital as a tiny baby:lol: