PDA

View Full Version : Spiritualist evening

Fran
06-May-09, 14:07
How many are going to the spiritualist evening tomorrow , friday in the francis street cClub, wick? I hope to go. they also have a workshop on Saturday from 10.30 to 3.30. Should be good, a lot went to it last time it was there.

butterfly
07-May-09, 04:00
A couple of girls from my work are going Fran,they are looking forward to it.

anneoctober
07-May-09, 12:41
There will be an influx from Thurso - You have been warned !:lol:

Fran
08-May-09, 00:52
There are a lot of people going from wick so there should be more than last time.

anneoctober
08-May-09, 01:22
There are a lot of people going from wick so there should be more than last time.
Crikey, hope we'll get a seat !! :eek:

katarina
08-May-09, 12:40
might be interesting - what time is it on?

anneoctober
08-May-09, 14:31
might be interesting - what time is it on?
Doors open 7.30pm Francis St Club:)

katarina
08-May-09, 15:23
who is going to ne doing it?

anneoctober
08-May-09, 16:06
who is going to ne doing it?
Billy McMasters, have n't seen him before, so looking forward to it.

katarina
08-May-09, 19:21
wonder if metalattack will be there!!!!!!!

butterfly
09-May-09, 02:08
wonder how it went.Dont think Metalattakk would go somehow...........:eek:

Fran
09-May-09, 02:16
He was very very good, and didnt take a break. i think he was probably the best i have seen. He is back at the club from 10.30 tomorrow, saturday morning till 3.30 doing a workshop. they have some really good mediums coming to the club in june and September.

Metalattakk
09-May-09, 03:17
wonder if metalattack will be there!!!!!!!

Dont think Metalattakk would go somehow...........:eek:
There's not a chance in hell I would go to one of these puppet-shows.

I'm the sort of person they really don't want to attend their 'performance'. They only want 'believers'.

Aaldtimer
09-May-09, 04:09
Just a thought... does anyone watch "The Mentalist" on Ch5 on a Thursday night at 9:00pm? ;)

katarina
09-May-09, 08:44
haven't watched it, but thanks for mentioning it - I will. I'm more interested in how it all works than a true believer. I went last nioght (first time at one of these) and far from pulling information from people, he held up his hand and said 'don't tell me anything' when some one started to say something. All he wanted was 'yes' , or 'no'
As a matter of interest, metalattack, I would like your explanation as how the link between identical twins works. this could be called supernatural, yet it DOES happen.

Metalattakk
09-May-09, 12:11
As a matter of interest, metalattack, I would like your explanation as how the link between identical twins works. this could be called supernatural, yet it DOES happen.

Twins are very close to each other, and they will subconsciously mimic each others movements, beliefs and even thoughts.

It's quite natural for there to be a 'link', and I'm not even sure that it pertains only to identical twins. It's far from 'supernatural'.

katarina
09-May-09, 13:08
Twins are very close to each other, and they will subconsciously mimic each others movements, beliefs and even thoughts.

It's quite natural for there to be a 'link', and I'm not even sure that it pertains only to identical twins. It's far from 'supernatural'.

I once read of a case where one twin lived in Australia and her twin who lived in the UK had to be anesthetized when the other was having an op because she felt the pain so acutely. It's a bit more that 'mimicking each others movements etc.' I would have thought.

Metalattakk
09-May-09, 13:22
Can that story be verified, or is it just another of these 'I once heard of..' instances?

buddyrich
10-May-09, 10:20
Noone seems to question the notion that the dead can only communicate with the living via a select band of very odd people that are willing to charge a lot of money for the privilege of an audience with them.

Ditto fortune tellers. I think it's staggering that people would pay to hear what's going to happen in their lives when they themselves are in control of what they do and what generally happens to them.

Janifar
10-May-09, 13:01

Umm not talking about twins, but sisters :)

Can you explain how 2 sisters who lived and still live about 300 miles apart, but one was aware of the other going through a major event. There are 9ish years between us.

Each time I was in labour with both my boys, my sister got stomach pains and cramps at the exact time. She had to get her husband to stop the car they were travelling in when my second son was born. She does and did not get travel sick and she knew that the babies had started because of the pains. With my second son she phoned my mum, before my hubby, to say he was on the way.
Both of my boys were a week early and my sister and I are not very close so I was not phoning or writing every day or week.

So how did she get the vibes? I don't think its supernatural but it is definitely puzzling.

katarina
10-May-09, 19:13
It depends on your definition of the word supernatural. I tend to think of it as being anything that can't be explained by science. (probably not the dictionary definition, before I'm corrected on that one)
Just think of the brain. There are no microchips, no wires - in fact if you dissect it, it's just a mass of grey matter. Yet look what it does. How can we be sure it doesn't send out signals kinda like a radio that certain others can receive? Sounds like what happens between twins, and in your case sisters - more unusual, but I don't doubt you for a minute.
I know a mother who knew exactly when her son died on the operating table, and exactly when they managed to resuscitate him and got his heart pumping again.

Fran
10-May-09, 23:58
Did anyone go to their workshop on saturday, and if so were there many there?

katarina
11-May-09, 16:35
does he do one to one readings? if so did anyone get one?