PDA

View Full Version : Kickboxing for 4-17 year old

Stefan
06-May-09, 12:49
Hi all,
is there anywhere in Caithness for children/teenagers to train kickboxing?
My daughter is looking for somewhere to carry on her training when we move in July.
Thanks for reading.

Stefan

A_Usher
07-May-09, 12:17
Hi all,
is there anywhere in Caithness for children/teenagers to train kickboxing?
My daughter is looking for somewhere to carry on her training when we move in July.
Thanks for reading.

Stefan

Hi Stefan
I run a mixed martial arts group, and we have kickboxing as part of that training. However its only for over 16's.

If its of interest, you can contact me via the website:
www.evolvedmartialarts.co.uk

Stefan
08-May-09, 08:40
My daughter is only 11 and has a first degree black belt. She is looking for a teacher to take her further to achieve her second degree.

A_Usher
08-May-09, 09:00
My daughter is only 11 and has a first degree black belt. She is looking for a teacher to take her further to achieve her second degree.

Hi Stefan,
Well, unfortunately your going to be out of luck, as there are no pure kickboxing clubs in Caithness. There was one in Scrabster but i am not sure if they are taking kids, and i dont think the person taking the club is facilitating kids gradings etc.

Previously we did offer kids kickboxing and graded a couple to green belt, but due to lack of numbers and interest we closed that, and we now concentrate more on mma. Your best bet is Lee Sampsons club in Inverness as i would imagine thats more of the kickboxing you mean. As you are probably aware there are loads of kickboxing styles, from sport, to savate to thai.

Caithness is much better today than in the past with martial arts representation, with Ray's Kempo club, Spike's Karate (probably the longest standing club), Kook Sool and a couple of others, however there has never been a strict kickboxing club other than my previous one.

I hope you find something suitable.

Andrew

Stefan
08-May-09, 10:14
Thanks for that.
Looks like we have to start our own...
Stefan

A_Usher
08-May-09, 10:38
Thanks for that.
Looks like we have to start our own...
Stefan

I wish you well with that, ive stopped training Kids due to lack of time, numbers and all the paperwork to make it happen, but as i said there are some good clubs in Caithness, just not what ever style of kickboxing it is your daughter does, but she could learn a lot from the other instructors in the Wick and Thurso area.

My assistant instructor from Inverness has a couple of kids who train with Lee Sampson and compete, and he rates the club fairly highly, may be worth your while speaking with Lee to see if he has any nearer training or associate groups that you could work with or establish links with.

Andrew.