PDA

View Full Version : What do you have on your's?

wifie
06-May-09, 11:31
I have watched the Weetabix ad where you are encouraged to try different toppings and I have to say I have always thought, "Yuk"! Today tho I came back from my training walk and thought I would have some Weetabix but I didn't fancy them just with milk. I tried them topped with coconut yoghurt and a few slices of tinned peach. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. So my question is - what do you have on your's?

Hibeechick
06-May-09, 11:40
I can't take weetabix at the moment, love it though! Yoghurt, milk, honey, fruit....anything! lol.

Mum makes weetabix cookies.....aaaah they are amazing!!!!

butterfly
06-May-09, 11:51
Yogurt with bananas and sometimes strawberry's.

honey
06-May-09, 11:58
loadsa sugar!!!!

i do like it with banana or sultanas though, or how about a dry one woth marg!!

Kodiak
06-May-09, 12:03
Yohurt "YUCH!!" I can't stand it, Weetabix is OK but just with milk and nothing else.

Kevin Milkins
06-May-09, 12:25
I like two rashers of bacon, one sausage, scrambled egg, baked beans, mushrooms, one hash brown, and tomatoes on mine. Yum Yum.:Razz

Not necessarily on the same plate though.;)

ShelleyCowie
06-May-09, 12:38
I love wheetabix and so does athrun. Tend to just have milk and a tiny sprinkling of sugar on mine. But cant have them just now.

Athrun just has milk with his. He might like it with a yoghurt tho! He loves yoghurt!

SunnyChick
06-May-09, 12:42
YUK. I hate how weetabix forms into concrete when dry. It's actually really tough to get off the table top, the chairs, the floor, etc. YUK.

Kids love it warmed up however, with plenty of milk, and half a tea spoon of sugar (although they'd like a bigger ratio of sugar to weetabix). Lol.

Anne x
06-May-09, 12:45
Weetabix has been my saving grace with milk and tiny bit of lo sugar as I cannot stand milk :(but must try and have it for my bones its one of the cereals that absorbs the milk and still quite crunchy sometimes I have a few slices of banana on top

Tighsonas4
06-May-09, 12:47
hot water first to soften them up and then milk and of course the sugar
not making me walk any further tho [lol] [lol] tony

kellogs
06-May-09, 12:49
I dont like anything on my weetabix but milk and sometimes sugar :)

percy toboggan
06-May-09, 13:01
No Weetabix - although they are quite pleasant.....

I'm a porridge and blueberries man. Unlike Bruce Forsythe I don't count the berries.
He allows himself a meagre fourteen.
Still if I keep going as long as the irritating entertainer I'll not be complaining.

golach
06-May-09, 14:30
Sorry wifie, not a Weetabix man, I stick to my traditional Porridge, with salt.

scorrie
06-May-09, 14:33
Weetabix its one of the cereals that absorbs the milk and still quite crunchy

You only have a tiny window of opportunity while it is still crunchy though Anne!!

I found this lament to the decomposing properties of Weetabix in milk:-

"Weetabix changes from a solid to a liquid in less than thirty seconds. No one has ever left a soggy weetabick unattended for more than two minutes, but science tells us that it would turn into a gas after just four minutes of neglect. I thought to capitalise on this by manufacturing giant weetabix.

Giant weetabix is like having three breakfasts in one. Oh! hearken to me, sweet friends. The first minute’s crunchy spoonfuls that rouse you from your morning daze. The second minute’s banana-soft spoonfuls that play like so many puppies in your mouth and grow like a lush and fertile paradise on your tongue. And what of those spoonfuls trumpeting in the third minute? That regulation-issue workhouse gruel that fills one with a defiant working-class pride? One would leave the breakfast table as though they’d eaten clams and chowder at the Try Pots, or indeed any three-course dinner at any fancy restaurant.

Remember, Weetabix is like life: you need to take it all in before it's too late."

Indeed :)

cuddlepop
06-May-09, 14:35
Use to like weetabix with banana & honey but have gone off them.Porridge for me now too,try it with raspberrys its lovely.

ellimac
06-May-09, 15:20
I just have milk and a drop of sugar on mine and then I warm it in the microwave, yummy...........;)

Rie
06-May-09, 16:05
i like yoghurt and summer fruits on mine or if i am realy naughty warm milk and chocolate drops sprinkled on top
:D

the poacher
06-May-09, 16:07
i love wheatabix and ice cold milk with a drop of sugar.

milk has to be ice cold though.

wifie
06-May-09, 17:20
I can't take weetabix at the moment, love it though! Yoghurt, milk, honey, fruit....anything! lol.

Mum makes weetabix cookies.....aaaah they are amazing!!!!

Please post the recipe Hibee! :D

Fluff
06-May-09, 19:08
Milk and sugar. I like to put just enough milk in so it makes it thick like porridge. The OH likes the Weetabix Mini's.

dragonfly
06-May-09, 19:23
yuck yuck yuck, can't stand the stuff would rather have cardboard so in answer to your question Wifie, nothing cos I wouldn;t have them in the 1st place, much rather a bowl of fruit and yogurt

joxville
06-May-09, 19:32
Weetabix???? Pah, it's a titchy breakfast. I'm a 4 Shredded Wheat man. And as for porridge....I refer you to dragonfly's post.

Though ye still canna beat a fresh oot the oven pie or bridie for breakfast. ;)

sjr014
06-May-09, 19:52
I have mine with milk and a big spoon of sugar! Don't like Oatabix or the weetabix minis!