PDA

View Full Version : im off!

brandy
06-May-09, 08:52
well just waiting for the taxi to come get me to start my trip!
wish me luck everyone.. and will see you all when i get back!
brandy

Shabbychic
06-May-09, 09:08
Good luck brandy. Hope your trip goes well. :)

balto
06-May-09, 09:21
good luck from me to brandy, hope all goes well.:D:D

kriklah
06-May-09, 09:26
good luck,have a good trip and take care

Venture
06-May-09, 11:04
Safe journey brandy. Enjoy your time with Mum.

teenybash
06-May-09, 11:20
Hope all goes well....may love and luck travel with you as you cross the skies to your Mum.:)

ellimac
06-May-09, 11:29
Good luck Brandy........:D

ShelleyCowie
06-May-09, 12:39
Can i come too?

Enjoy yer holiday! :D

Fran
06-May-09, 12:55
Thinking of you, enjoy your time with your mumxx

Liz
06-May-09, 13:02
Bon voyage and hope you have a lovely time with your Mum.

mrs and mr brown
06-May-09, 14:02
good luck brandy, hope all goes well, have a lovely time with ur mum and the rest of your family, wishing you all the best hunni, hopefully when ur back you share with us all the wonderfull memories and the laughs that hopefull youll have when ur over there,

take care and thinking of you, xxxxxxxxx

goldilocks
06-May-09, 14:38
Good Luck Brandy, hope everything goes well and you have a nice time...............

dirdyweeker
06-May-09, 14:41
Thinking of you at this time. Hope you spend some quality time with your mum. Not exactly a holiday but glad you were able to go. I know you will miss your family here. Take care.

Iffy
06-May-09, 16:35
Have a great time with your family, Brandy, in the "States!"
Hope you have a great time and come back with happy photos !!:D

peedie man
06-May-09, 18:01
Good luck Brandy,have a nice time

ciderally
06-May-09, 19:16
enjoy Brandy have a good trip xx

domino
06-May-09, 19:21
Take care and good luck

poppett
06-May-09, 22:38
Safe journey and haste ye back

Kevin Milkins
06-May-09, 22:43
Hope you enjoy your trip Brandy.:Razz

JAWS
07-May-09, 01:04
So Brandy's off to see the Good 'ol Boys. (Cue twangy banjo music) Which is it Brandy, Beverley Hillbillies or Dukes of Hazard? ;)

Whichever it is, enjoy your stay with you family and no bringing any Moonshine back. (Unless there's some for me!)

brandy
07-May-09, 06:32
oh jaws its a little of both! *laughs*
im at the airport right now!
got thru security with no hassle.. made it down to glasgow without fail... so now all that i have to worry about is the flights all being on time! *G*
see you guys when i get back! and will bring pics!
brandy

brandy
08-May-09, 19:18
well here i am.. got here last night.. made it to moms home about 8 om local time.
wow, is she frail.. she weighs 104 lbs and is next to nothing.
her legs are so scary.. they look so tight and shiny and are soo swollen.. but still sooooo sooo skinny.
she is on pain meds every four hours, and it takes her a while to get from point a to point b. she is now using a walker to move around but she can only make it as far as on room to the other pretty much.. with out having to sit down and rest.
talked to her social worker and nurse today. will start things rolling on monday to see what we can get done.
they are sending her home next week! i couldnt belive it!
they said that its taken on her improvment from when she came in.. and as she can now get around on the walker.. obviously shes well enough to go home.
i am going to contact social services on monday and see if we can get home medicaid, and get her home help to come in every day to check on her and help with anything that needs doing.. and also have talked to her nurse and social worker about the life line, and talked to mom about it .. so will see about getting that set up for her when she goes home.
its just one thing after another.. she dosent even have a GP at the moment.. he moved!
so we are going to see about getting her set up with a new GP ... and get all her medical records together.. and see.. just maybe .. if we can get something going in the right direction!
ahh well should be an interesting week! ill need a holiday when i get back!

Margaret M.
08-May-09, 19:22
Brandy, your mother must feel greatly relieved that you are there to help her. Good luck with getting everything organized.

cuddlepop
08-May-09, 19:27
Brandy I'm glad you arrived safely but feel for you with all that running around ahead of you.As you say you'll definately need a holiday after this.

Dadie
12-May-09, 16:38
Hope you got your Mom sorted out with her medical care and have some time to enjoy your time over there (kid free doesnt happen often!)
....enjoy yourself as much as you can and bring back a summers worth of sunshine for me please:lol: