PDA

View Full Version : how many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

thebigman
06-May-09, 00:00
how many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and 1 to post that its been changed,

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution on the dangers of light bulb changing

27 to point out the spelling/grammar errors in the post about changing the light bulb

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct the spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether its "light bulb" or "lightbulb"

....anothe 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group the correct term is "lamp"

15 know it alls to claim that they were in the industry and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISP's complaining that they are in violation of there "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this is not a forum about changing light bulbs and please take this discussion to a light bulb forum

203 to demand that cross posting to hardwear forum, off topic forum and light bulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs therefore this post is relevent to all of us

306 to debate what method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulb works best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URLs where one can see examples of diffrent light bulbs

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs

3 to post about the links they found from them URLs that are relevant to which makes them relevant to the group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in there entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "me toos" and "me threes"

4 to suggest that the posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a FAQ?

4 to say "didnt we go through this already not long ago?"

143 to say " do a google search before asking questions on light bulbs in future"!!!

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.....

wifie
06-May-09, 00:04
PMSL - very funny! [lol]

laguna2
06-May-09, 09:24
[lol]:lol:Made me laugh out loud! :lol:

Iffy
06-May-09, 09:29
SO funny and SO true Bigman LOL !!!!!!:lol:

arana negra
06-May-09, 10:01
An oldie but a good one :)