PDA

View Full Version : cat with skin problem

kriklah
05-May-09, 22:51
Fluffys got scaby skin:~(

just had a rare cuddle session with him(he doesnt come to the livingroom much for lapsitting), and found hes got this scabbyness almost head to toe, being long haired it doesnt show through so hadnt knoticed it before. he has had the odd scab from flea bites in the past but was recently treated for fleas, and hes not scratching the way he does with them. also having checked him over cant find any sign of them anyway. jsut wondering what this might be, as its is also quite smelly, my clothes have got the smell lingering[disgust].

will be phoning vets tomorrow for an appointment(between Tiny cat's sticky eyes, Cheeks the chin fighting, and Lurch off pulling muscles cat chasing i ought to buy shares in that place!!(still to get Mr Jingles dejingled!))

Vistravi
05-May-09, 23:27
I was going to suggest dandruff as one of my two pests has bad dandruff but oily fish seems to solve that problem a little. He won't let me groom him with the brush though so its hard.

Hmm def get fluffy to the vet. if its smelling then it may be a infection.

teenybash
06-May-09, 00:00
Sounds like a bacterial infection which the vet should be able to sort out for you maybe with antibiotics and a shampoo or lotion. Good luck and hope all clears up soon.:)

kriklah
07-May-09, 15:49
had fluffy at the vets today, he thinks that its most likely a flea allergy even though no obvious signs of fleas on him(vet gave him a come through and nothing showed up) may be just hes very sensitive and just 1 or 2 bites may cause this reaction. gonna treat him with frontline and see if theres an improvement.

teenybash
07-May-09, 16:56
I had a cat years ago with the same problem...a flea only had to think of jumping on him and he would break out......Hope all is well and it is nice to hear it is nothing serious.:)

Dadie
07-May-09, 19:31
Im glad its only a flea allergy ...
I was trying to imagine you bathing a cat in medicated shampoo without losing a limb:eek: