PDA

View Full Version : Whose your flu friend.

cuddlepop
05-May-09, 16:28
Well thats us got our leaflet through the post and it recommends we "pick" a flu friend.One that will tirelessly do all your shopping,paying bills ,picking up your medicine etc.Is this possible does this person exist?lolWhat about walking the poor mutts?nobody's thought about them.Just who is going to walk them,this saintly friend.(wink)

Kodiak
05-May-09, 16:41
The whole Idea of a "Flu Friend" I do not think will work. It is just a puplicity Stunt by the Government to try ans make them look as if they are doing something positive, when in actual they are not.

If anyone has "Swine Flu" no one should go near them so this means no "Flu Friend"

Nasty Flu's like this requires Barrier Nursing in a Hospital not for Patients to be left in their own homes.

horseman
05-May-09, 17:41
How very very true.But surely someone way up there in g'ment has been trying ,even if not very well!
What do we have? a non ghastly dreadful contagious infection! opposed to what was first proposed! At least up to now!!(Is that whats known as covering my butt?) The whole thing started out as an assault on humanity as we know it. Level 5 from who, one would have to be blind not to take notice of such a red flag flying!
Proposed restrictions on international travel!My wife was having kittens given that we are due to fly out from the states in a couple of hours,an that non happening would have been an enormous spanner in the works to put it mildly!
To me it all smarts of g'ment control again! Rule by fear!!If the 'fear' button can be brought into play! all is posssible!!!
We are nowt but bloody pawns.!!!!:(

cuddlepop
05-May-09, 18:53
The whole Idea of a "Flu Friend" I do not think will work. It is just a puplicity Stunt by the Government to try ans make them look as if they are doing something positive, when in actual they are not.

If anyone has "Swine Flu" no one should go near them so this means no "Flu Friend"

Nasty Flu's like this requires Barrier Nursing in a Hospital not for Patients to be left in their own homes.

You are so right Kodiak no one is wanting to be anywhere near you if you catch swine flu.Barrier nursing is the only way to prevent it from spreading.Is your "flu friend" expected to go to your door in full protective gear to get your shopping list.When you run out of cash are you epected to give your "flu friend" your pin number to access your cash.This idea is full of flaws.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
05-May-09, 19:17
My flu friend is outside my house.Cos if any in the house get it I'll probably as well.I have a few I could suggest but I'll pick pultneytooner,a banned orger,but a good real pal.His everyday humour wid get me through ma day,a laugh is the best medicine after all.If he wis off on holiday,preferably no Mexico:lol:,then the charls and second coming could do their Bob Dylan impressions,Cracks me up every time.Thank God,or the sun,or Wispas or squirrel jobbies for the NHS.Aye the world is jealous now,only bit of my tax I don't mind paying for.:D