PDA

View Full Version : Help - Travelling from Glasgow to Thurso

edayhouse
05-May-09, 10:37
Hello there
Was wondering if anyone could help me. I am trying to arrange transport from Glasgow to Thurso on the 21st June (Sunday) after Take That concert - no jokes now!!

Went onto Train line and a single ticket will cost me over £50 which i think is pretty expensive
Cant find any buses (does anyone have a link or details)

Anyway do any Take That fans or non Take That fans have room in there car on this date for little old me?? - will pay a share of petrol

Many thanks in advance
x

buddyrich
05-May-09, 10:46
Have you tried to get an appex fare from Scotrail? It's basically a fare that you get for a reduced rate because you book it far in advance (it used to be over a week in advance). If they still offer those then you have plenty of time seeing as your concert is over a month away. I'd phone them up and ask about it.

The bus used to be considerably cheaper. Im not sure how it works now that the inverness-thurso route is serviced by that crazy 25X bus, but if you go to www.citylink.co.uk you can book a glasgow-thurso journey there no bother.

Not made the journey in a long time so im not sure about price.

evelyn
05-May-09, 11:50
Megabus do cheap buses between Inverness and Glasgow. Using them for that part of your journey might reduce your costs.
Check out fares at the link below
http://www.megabus.com/uk/
Hope this helps.
evelyn

purplelady
05-May-09, 13:06
thanks for that link evelyn just got a return to perth from inverness for a tenner normally costs me bout that one way lol x

nicnic74
05-May-09, 15:28
Im going to the take that concert as well & itl be the bus that im taking back up to wick, must find out bus times as it is getting nearer to going

Invisible
05-May-09, 15:41
I'd advise you to book the bus asap as you may get it cheaper. Travelled from Inverness to Glasgow on Saturday and had to make a change at Perth. But it was only £6 from Inverness to Glasgow and £8.50 on the return don't know why it costs more to go home. The worst thing with the bus is I find they are quite sluggish, I'm not known for my Patience :lol: (couldn't resist a Take That pun)

Train prices are quite extortionate but I enjoy the train especially with mates and a crate of Strongbow[lol].