PDA

View Full Version : Cat claws!!

Vistravi
05-May-09, 03:58
I've had my queen for 2 years now and tonight was the first time she has ever sat on my lap and curled up and went to sleep.
I was sitting in her faviourite chair(the computer chair) and for change I wasn't sharing it. I usually make room for her behind me but tonight i decided not to, to see what she'd do.
Loved the fact that she lay on my lap for a few hours snoozing. It was really nice to see that she has become so tame and friendly that she did this.
The only thing I don't like is that she kept sticking her claws in. I have pin/claw marks all over my thighs.[evil]
She's never scratched me all the time I've had her and only did so tonight as she was lying in such a way that she was almost falling off as usual:lol:

Dadie
05-May-09, 07:34
Frodo will use his claws to knead when he sits on me..... he also drools...and headbuts me then he will turn round and bite.
He also likes walking over or sitting on the keyboard on the laptop....or shoving his bum in my face:eek:

He has a lovely scratching post but loves to use the carpets:(

Cats.. law unto themselves:lol:

Vistravi
05-May-09, 23:38
She was back at the clawing again tonight. Earned her a few drops to the floor and me a few more marks on my legs.:mad:
Noticed that once or twice when she really dug them in and i let out a yell she stopped doing it:) maybe my partners mum has it knocked. Yell when cat digs in claws and the cat will behave.
It's lovely though that she wants to curl up on my lap as she's never ever done it before with me. Its great that she is getting so tame and losing her wild side now.
My tom cat likes to walk over my laptop when i'm on msn, he wants to chat to my friends too!! my queen likes to wacth the screen lol

teenybash
05-May-09, 23:58
You can buy a kneading cushion from PAH which allows your cat to pummel you without the claws leaving your legs like a dartboard or....you could try Soft Claws, I posted a link earlier but, I know Ebay have them....they are pretty aswell...:D.

Aaldtimer
06-May-09, 04:06
[quote=Vistravi;544520]She was back at the clawing again tonight. Earned her a few drops to the floor and me a few more marks on my legs.:mad:
Noticed that once or twice when she really dug them in and i let out a yell she stopped doing it:) maybe my partners mum has it knocked. Yell when cat digs in claws and the cat will behave.

That's exactly what you should do! Give out a cat-like yeow in as high a pitch as you can manage. That's how they learn as kittens when they are going a bit overboard with their play biting/scratching...same as puppies.:)

bish667
06-May-09, 18:13
My cat used to do this, i thought it was just something they did when their sleeping.