PDA

View Full Version : Cures for tooth ache!

Rie
04-May-09, 11:17
Ok so since my thread yesterday about how you spend your sundays , mine was rudly disturbed by the most horrendous tooth ache i have ever had in my life,
i have lived up here a few years now and still am on the waiting list to be assigned a dentist,
So untill i can get an emergency appointment does any one have any good tooth ache relief ideas ???
I have tried salty mouth washes, hot water bottles, usual pain killers, clove oil, is there anything left to try????:(:(:(

kitty kat
04-May-09, 11:21
if you are really in alot of pain which it sounds you are, try going to the doctor for some stronger pain relief

have you phoned the emergency number for the dentist

Rie
04-May-09, 11:30
Trying to get an appointment via nhs 24 but cant open mouth to talk trying to see if i can doi it on line

EDDIE
04-May-09, 11:37
Try using proprer sensidine toothpaste and and rub the toothpaste on the sore bit with ure finger Sinsidine is good stuff.But if u are that sore u really have to make a big deal about it to get seen the same day.

teenybash
04-May-09, 11:48
If Clove oil hasn't worked it is more likely you have an abcess, which will cause horrendous pain. One of the best and fairly quick acting is asprin packed around the tooth. If there is an abcess their it will reduce inflamation and equally works on toothache....Good luck...trying to get an NHS dentist up here................I too have been waiting years.

Rie
04-May-09, 12:14
Thank you teenybash off to get some asprin right now !!!

starry
04-May-09, 12:16
Any luck with getting someone to look at it Rie ?

Rie
04-May-09, 12:59
got my partner to phone nhs 24 only to be told they have to speak to me which is ironic as if i could talk i would phone them myself!!
although teenybash 's suggestion of packing asprin around has eased it a little ( stopped me crying in pain any way) and works fast!! not a cure but certainly a help. thanks:confused

lister
04-May-09, 13:01
When i had toothache ,as you know not much works,Nurofen only pain killer i know of but be carefull as this affects ashmatics,Conpression of the area can help sometimes too as can cold cloth around the area where the pain is,i was advised to call NHS 24, 0845 644 2271,between 9-10am (this is important)you will speak to someone who will get you to a dentist that day depending on what you tell them.
I.E. pain in you're face (abcess)running up to and inc you're eye if its you're top set with vision issues headaches and nausea.
You're bottom set will have diff issues as throat,neck,ear and again nausea.
Really lay it on thick,Even if you're are in incredulus pain (which you are)cos they are really stretched and under alot of pressure to decide wether you really need the treatment.
Toothache is the worst pain i have ever experienced i had a completely crumbled tooth on a fri night(from a damned hula hoop,just hate them now) and went through several stages of madness until monday where i was quite prepared to take pliers to it myself .DONT!!!
I hope you feel better and get sorted soon and wish you a speedy fix.
I hope this helps as like me you would have given away you're entire bank account,car,house and possibly one of you're fingers to sort this.

Rie
04-May-09, 13:20
thanks , dont think i can lay it on any thicker than it really hurts to the point of blacking out with the pain, have taken to carry a note book around to talk to the kids as if i try and talk i just sound like chewbakka from star wars so will be an interesting conversation with nhs direct when i finally get to talk to them
[evil]

lister
04-May-09, 13:46
Ah lol ah feel for ee.

maverick
04-May-09, 13:53
hi rie the best cure for toothache apart from the dentist is decquacaine lozenges put one on your mouth beside the offending tooth and let it disolve should sort you out

Boboowest
04-May-09, 13:56
If it's really as bad as it sounds then just go to Wick General and they will get you an emergency dentist. It's not worth putting up with severe pain.

rs 2k
04-May-09, 14:10
Hi there

Go to tesco and get some "orajel"

It is brilliant

My hubby had toothache for about 3 weeks, he was driving me insane, [mad] won't go to the dentist at all, anyway got some orajel he used it twice and it has never come back :D

I used it myself a few weeks back and toothache went

I would recommend it

Hope it helps, nothing worse than toothache

butterfly
04-May-09, 14:12
Toothache....It's the worse pain ever,i would rather go through childbirth again than toothache.I hope you get it sorted soon.Good luck.

balto
04-May-09, 15:08
i broke my tooth last sunday, thankfully it isnt causing any problems yet.

Dadie
04-May-09, 16:11
Dihydrocodine (sp)tablets from the doc!:lol:
They worked wonders when I had an abscess and couldnt see the dentist for 3 days.... a bit strong for me though ... I couldnt function on them but they took the pain and most of the 3 days away:lol:

poppett
04-May-09, 16:26
Nurofen gel capsules are good for toothache. I have had root canal treatment without injections with just nurofen before and after and I have a low pain threshold.

Usually try the diluted oil of cloves or aspirin round the tooth first.

Nurofen and paracetamol can be taken together with a hot drink at bedtime to ensure at least a couple of hours sleep.

Alice in Blunderland
04-May-09, 16:46
http://jenniferhk.com/artsandcraftsblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/plyers.jpg

Ive got the answer right here, where do you live I can be round in no time. I wont charge you a penny and Im sure the relief will be instant when Im done.........:lol:

Dentist who needs a dentist. ;)

Rie
04-May-09, 17:16
LOL you have no idea how tempting that is alice in blunderland!!

Alice in Blunderland
04-May-09, 17:22
Hey ho, no probs. If you want to take me up on the offer I will be there in no time. :lol:

Rie
05-May-09, 08:30
lets see if i can get an emergency appointment today ,if not i am off tothe hospial as swelling in my face has got worse and i now feel like i look like john merrick aka the elephant man !!