PDA

View Full Version : Paramedic avoids the "No Uniform" rule in Tesco ..

Gene Hunt
03-May-09, 18:30
.. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1176864/Paramedic-tried-buy-wine-wearing-thong-supermarket-staff-refused-serve-uniform.html

I have been refused alcohol in the past while wearing my cabbage gear on a TA night and I understand why Tesco might have this rule, namely that if a Paramedic is found drinking and or drunk on duty with alcohol bought from them they would perhaps be liable in this ridiculous "blame" culture these days.

Still, You have to laugh at the sheer front of the guy. If more people did things like this the world would be a funnier place.

Gronnuck
03-May-09, 20:14
I read the article;
"A spokesman for Tesco confirmed that it was company policy not to serve members of the emergency services if they were wearing uniform and stood by the cashier's actions".
Notice Tesco didn't explain why they have adopted this policy!
Surely if someone is refused service the least the company can do is explain why.
If they can legitimately refuse to serve someone how long before they refuse to serve people who wear Doc Martins, who wear Burbery or who wear overalls.

butterfly
03-May-09, 20:20
It's not just Tesco that have that policy it's other stores as well.

golach
03-May-09, 20:22
Playing the devils advocate here, but persons such as Paramedics, Policemen, Bus Drivers and Edinburgh Bus guides are not encouraged by their employers to enter Licensed Premises in their uniforms unless they are conducting their normal duties [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
03-May-09, 20:42
Oh dear I dont think Alice should comment on this one.............. ;) :lol: :lol:

butterfly
03-May-09, 20:45
Oh dear I dont think Alice should comment on this one.............. ;) :lol: :lol:

Why not?!!!

Alice in Blunderland
03-May-09, 20:55
Pm sent read it and weap with laughter. A few orgers already know this sorry tale. :lol:

butterfly
03-May-09, 21:12
Pm sent read it and weap with laughter. A few orgers already know this sorry tale. :lol:

Yep,got you know Alice,and yes it was very funny too!:lol:

balto
03-May-09, 22:17

Yep,got you know Alice,and yes it was very funny too!:lol:
come on girlies please share:lol:

balto
03-May-09, 22:46
thanks for sharing the story alice, but what did your hubby say lol.

the_big_mac
04-May-09, 09:16
I read the article;
"A spokesman for Tesco confirmed that it was company policy not to serve members of the emergency services if they were wearing uniform and stood by the cashier's actions".
Notice Tesco didn't explain why they have adopted this policy!
Surely if someone is refused service the least the company can do is explain why.
If they can legitimately refuse to serve someone how long before they refuse to serve people who wear Doc Martins, who wear Burbery or who wear overalls.

Any licenced premisis can refuse the sale of alcohol to any person for any reason they see fit. Even if the reason for refusal is because you know someone seems to beleive they have some devine right to buy whatever they like and will moan about not getting their way on the org.

Alice in Blunderland
04-May-09, 10:44
thanks for sharing the story alice, but what did your hubby say lol.

He was also a wee bit tipsy however he was speechless.......:lol:

Geo
04-May-09, 12:51

Any shop can legitimately refuse to serve anyone. They don't need to give a reason. The whole process of buying and selling involves the forming of a contract and both parties can refuse to form the contract up until money is accepted.