PDA

View Full Version : More snow!!??

bagpuss2
03-Mar-06, 22:35
I see on the forecast that theres gonna be snow until Tuesday???Is this right?Also saw Miller Academy is to close early on Monday!!Is that a mistake as I dont see how they could say that when its only Friday??

Tugmistress
03-Mar-06, 22:47
yup that's right bagpuss, later on tuesday is when the meltdown starts in earnest unless things change between now and then ;)

JimH
03-Mar-06, 22:49
I need it to stay a bit longer as my garden looks as good as any.

ice box
04-Mar-06, 00:52
yup that's right bagpuss, later on tuesday is when the meltdown starts in earnest unless things change between now and then ;)
Are we going to get another bump of snow before it thaws tugmistress ?

unicorn
04-Mar-06, 01:28
A friend in Stonehaven was saying she had 14 inches of snow in her back garden !!!

BazzaG
04-Mar-06, 03:50
I really hope we get loads more, Today was quite dis-appointing with the snow fall, lets hope tomorrow is alot better

Tugmistress
04-Mar-06, 08:22
Are we going to get another bump of snow before it thaws tugmistress ?
only the same as what we have been having so far, showers. i would be ahppy if it set in for all weekend :) i don't mind working out in it even if i do end up on my backside a few times lol

ice box
04-Mar-06, 09:38
only the same as what we have been having so far, showers. i would be ahppy if it set in for all weekend :) i don't mind working out in it even if i do end up on my backside a few times lolIt is heavy snowhere in wick yippy whats it like else where people ?

alice
04-Mar-06, 09:41
Yip its snowing here as well, the kids will have fun, plenty snow for snowmen, snowball fights and sledging. Glad for the kids to have something to do for their weekend.It's been years since they had so much snow to play in.

katarina
04-Mar-06, 09:51
For the weekend? they're going to have to find something to do all week! It's a good job we don't have Canadian weather, or the schools would be shut all winter!

connieb19
04-Mar-06, 11:43
I couldn't believe how much snow there was when I got up. The dog hates it though, I dont know how i'm going to get her to go out.:roll:

candyfloss
04-Mar-06, 17:15
I could'nt believe how much there was either,was out making a snowman with the kids this morning, i think i had more fun than they did[lol]
I quite fancy having a go on the sledge tonight,we've got a big hill at the back of our house.
Think i'll wait untill tonight when it gets dark :o I'm just a big kid at heart[lol]

Mamabear
04-Mar-06, 22:26
A friend in Stonehaven was saying she had 14 inches of snow in her back garden !!!

IM just back up the road from Aberdeen, and they had far more snow than we have.
The bus I was travelling on got stuck in the city on friday & I had to walk/run 2 miles to my office!
Didnt need warming up when I got there I can tell ye. The roads are bad tonight from the Ord up.

unicorn
04-Mar-06, 22:30
snowin heavy in Thurso again

brandy
04-Mar-06, 22:37
blowing a blizzard here in wick

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Mar-06, 22:39
Is this the longest period of snow for a while,as in my 12 years in Caithness I can't remember it snowing for up to a week,I remember it being heavier,but never for so long.

Foxy
04-Mar-06, 22:40
Brilliant it's snowing heavily here in Bower again kid's are delighted , hoping to go sledging again tomorrow. [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
04-Mar-06, 22:43
My kids are loving it they are out every day sledging let it stay for a while yet.:roll:

angela5
04-Mar-06, 23:45
Very slippery roads around the town..i was out picking my mum up and lost control of the car in coach road.. my car now has a lovely big dent in the side of it..[mad]
take care if anyones going out driving tonight..

willowbankbear
05-Mar-06, 00:00
A pal of mine ended up in the ditch 2 hours ago, at Thrumster she said. She reckons she was doing 30mph & skidded off doing a fair bit of damage

katarina
05-Mar-06, 00:37
I could'nt believe how much there was either,was out making a snowman with the kids this morning, i think i had more fun than they did[lol]
I quite fancy having a go on the sledge tonight,we've got a big hill at the back of our house.
Think i'll wait untill tonight when it gets dark :o I'm just a big kid at heart[lol]

Why wait till it's dark? I had a great time on that hill behind Graham Beggs! but i think I've twisted my knee - when my leg went one way and the sledge went the other!

unicorn
05-Mar-06, 00:45
awwwww no angela what a pain...I hope you are ok though

connieb19
05-Mar-06, 00:55
I have a problem here getting the dog to go out..she just hates the snow:cry: She hasn't really been out since Thursday!! I think I might go outside and clear a bit with the shovel because she must be bursting!! The cat's not much better but I have a litter tray for him...help..any suggestions???

Tugmistress
05-Mar-06, 01:23
put the dog on a lead and take him :D don't let him win every time or it will just be harder in the future

angela5
05-Mar-06, 01:32
awwwww no angela what a pain...I hope you are ok though

Thanks unicorn....just a wee fright we got...

angela5
05-Mar-06, 01:44
how many more inches are we going to get...will it last much longer...

connieb19
05-Mar-06, 01:45
how many more inches are we going to get...will it last much longer...Oh...I hope so Angela...lol[lol] [lol]

krieve
05-Mar-06, 02:15
Was anyone out in the snow with there kids today i had a great time sledging lol

BazzaG
05-Mar-06, 04:45
Was anyone out in the snow with there kids today i had a great time sledging lol

Not today as my daughter was far to busy keeping an eye on her 4 day old brother, Amazing how i was dying to get out and play in the snow and my 4yr old daughter says"Not today thanks". Think i will make a snowman myself tomorrow.

brandy
05-Mar-06, 09:54
weve not been out in it my liitle boys has been sick since wed.. so no snow for us!

Tugmistress
05-Mar-06, 10:35
it's not going to be around much longer, tuesday is when we get the warmer upper air moving in properly and anything falling as snow will more than likely be rain by about tea time tuesday if not earlier, and i can't see us getting many showers tomorrow either so it could start melting in the sun even then :(
make the most of today if you have work tomorrow.