PDA

View Full Version : Loss of smilies and replys running as one paragraph.

cuddlepop
03-May-09, 16:25
Well this is strange.When reply or posting in general I cant use my smilies but its not disabled.Text is running together as one paragraph.Even if I edit it and post again.Help.

Matthew
03-May-09, 16:28
What browser are you using?

cuddlepop
03-May-09, 16:41
What browser are you using?

Havent changed it since last night but notice your replys all >p> = > when reply usuing your quoted post. confused.

Matthew
03-May-09, 18:40
That's pretty weird. Try deleting your temporary internet files. Or simply try closing your browser and rebooting your computer. If that doesn't work. Try using another internet browser such as firefox or google chrome.

cuddlepop
04-May-09, 09:50
That's pretty weird. Try deleting your temporary internet files. Or simply try closing your browser and rebooting your computer. If that doesn't work. Try using another internet browser such as firefox or google chrome.

Thanks Mathew I think the spooks are at it again.Have tried swiching computer off so we'll see if this runs together.

cuddlepop
04-May-09, 10:20
When I go onto the front page Scipt Error comes up telling me about an arror on the page and do I want to continue etc.Line 53 is the problem and the error is ;object required.Usually when this happens its fine but not now.Could this be the problem?Have tried going on as other users for the computer but it makes no difference.

cuddlepop
05-May-09, 09:01
Found an email in my spam mail have deleted it and noew I can access front page without error coming up.Still cant get smillies .

Metalattakk
06-May-09, 16:32
Have you tried using a different browser yet?

cuddlepop
06-May-09, 17:04

How do you us a different browser?

cuddlepop
06-May-09, 17:08

My HTLM code is off would that explain the problem and if so how do you turn it on?

Metalattakk
06-May-09, 18:39
How do you us a different browser?

First things first - What program do you use to go on the internet - Internet Explorer? If so, what version are you using right now?

cuddlepop
06-May-09, 19:49
First things first - What program do you use to go on the internet - Internet Explorer? If so, what version are you using right now?

Its Bt broadband Internet Explorer dont know what version but Monday I could post smilies and I've not changed any setting myself.

Metalattakk
06-May-09, 20:13
Ok, click on the grey 'Help' button on the top line of Internet Explorer. Then click on 'About Internet Explorer' and a box will pop up and you'll be able to see the version number.

What does it say?

cuddlepop
07-May-09, 13:25
Ok, click on the grey 'Help' button on the top line of Internet Explorer. Then click on 'About Internet Explorer' and a box will pop up and you'll be able to see the version number.

What does it say?

Internet explorer 8 has just been installed but still wont let me "smile"

Metalattakk
07-May-09, 16:19
Ok, try this - enable 'Compatibility Mode' by clicking on the button marked in red as shown in this page (http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/08/27/introducing-compatibility-view.aspx), then see if that makes a difference.

cuddlepop
07-May-09, 16:59
Ok, try this - enable 'Compatibility Mode' by clicking on the button marked in red as shown in this page (http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/08/27/introducing-compatibility-view.aspx), then see if that makes a difference.

It hasnt made any difference thanks though.

Metalattakk
07-May-09, 20:47
Ok, with the information given I don't think I can go much further to help you. Sorry.

As a last resort, I'd advise installing Firefox and using it to browse the internet, simply because it's much more stable and compliant than any version of Internet Explorer.

Get it here (http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/).

dx100uk
07-May-09, 23:36
you've prob visited an infected activeX website.

type in housecall on a search engine and goto to the microsytems house call site and click the button 'scan my computer'

dx

cuddlepop
08-May-09, 19:14
you've prob visited an infected activeX website.

type in housecall on a search engine and goto to the microsytems house call site and click the button 'scan my computer'

dx

Still not working but have used the clean up.Thanks anyway.

dx100uk
09-May-09, 01:19
ok thanks that gives us a known baseline.

next try this please:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2101019_restore-internet-explorer-default-settings.html

dx

cuddlepop
09-May-09, 21:10
Somethings wrong with my settings for Caithness because Oh has just joined from the same computer and he's fine.Will pm Techie orger.

Metalattakk
09-May-09, 21:42
OK try this -

Click on "User CP" top left of this page. Then under "Settings & Options" on the left panel, click on "Edit Options" then under "Miscellaneous Options" right down at the bottom of that page, make sure that "Enhanced Interface - full WYSIWYG Editing" is selected, then click on the "Save Changes" button.

See if that makes a difference.

cuddlepop
09-May-09, 21:53
OK try this -

Click on "User CP" top left of this page. Then under "Settings & Options" on the left panel, click on "Edit Options" then under "Miscellaneous Options" right down at the bottom of that page, make sure that "Enhanced Interface - full WYSIWYG Editing" is selected, then click on the "Save Changes" button.

See if that makes a difference.

We've done that and its made no difference.Somethings wrong with my settings for the Org.We've checked to see if there's any difference in our settings and there's none.For what ever reason I cant post normally.When I hit the quote button to reply the reply is "corrupted" with squiggles etc but when its posted back its fine.

dx100uk
09-May-09, 23:53
Somethings wrong with my settings for Caithness because Oh has just joined from the same computer and he's fine.Will pm Techie orger.

well that was going to be my next move,
i am a mod on another forum that uses the same msg board software and would have suggested emailing the mod of this one to get yours reset.

dx

cuddlepop
10-May-09, 09:43
well that was going to be my next move,
i am a mod on another forum that uses the same msg board software and would have suggested emailing the mod of this one to get yours reset.

dx

Its just so weird whats happened even Bob our techi orger is baffled.:confused

It looks like what ever Oh has been doing it may be fixed.Have gone in using Internet explorer and not Yahoo.:confused

dx100uk
10-May-09, 10:24
what do you mean?
gone in using ie and not yahoo?
you've lot me on the yahoo bit?

dx

cuddlepop
10-May-09, 12:21
what do you mean?
gone in using ie and not yahoo?
you've lot me on the yahoo bit?

dx

As a choice of browser setting,using IE as home page.:D

dx100uk
10-May-09, 17:08
IE is the prog not a homepage....
or do you mean MSN, in pref to yahoo homepage?

dx

cuddlepop
10-May-09, 17:30
IE is the prog not a homepage....
or do you mean MSN, in pref to yahoo homepage?

dx.
When you log onto your computer you click onto Internet Explorer to access the web etc,this is instead of accessing the web through yahoo.:D

dx100uk
10-May-09, 18:35
so by yahoo you mean yahoo mail?

you access the internet by using IE or firefox, the homepage you go to can be whatever you set it too, inc yahoo webmail.
essentially its still IE.

or you can also access email using outlook or outlook express

i'm still puzzled

if you are saying that by using the big blue E it works.
but doesn't using a yahoo homegage , it sounds like you still have issues.

dx

Metalattakk
10-May-09, 21:19
dx100uk -

Her ISP is BT/Yahoo, and she has been using the supplied BT/Yahoo branded browser to access the internet. It's this browser that has been causing problems because when she accesses the internet using IE, everything works fine.

dx100uk
11-May-09, 00:33
thats what i was trying to understand.
just making sure it was just a rebranded homepage.
the reset in post 20 when on that page should work then.

dx

Metalattakk
11-May-09, 01:51
Just ditching the proprietary software and installing Firefox would work even better. ;)

cuddlepop
11-May-09, 08:01
Personaly I blame the kids for not logging on as themselves and just using mine to access Bebo but thats a whole different thread.:lol:

Thank you all for your help it was appreciated.:D