PDA

View Full Version : Snooker Final :)

bigbenjokazooie
03-May-09, 14:52
hey,

anyone else watching or been watchin the snooker this past 15 days?

been quite awesome really!

plus the final has started quite well!!

Higgins for the win :)

rambo1978
03-May-09, 15:02
yeah it''s been pure class, higgins for the win indeed, go john!!!

lister
03-May-09, 17:23
Have to agree there excellent this year,felt sorry for Robertson from Aussie land but his inexperience shone through against Murphy who was very well composed.
Mark allen played well also but as with the murphy game he lacked composure but and excellent game nonetheless.
Higgins for the win,what a pro.
What did you think of the snooker sixes? do ya think it would take off?

bigbenjokazooie
03-May-09, 18:04
im not sure about the whole snooker sixes...

i can see pros and cons really for both...

i supose it wood be exciting and a bit more fast paced,
i sumtimes prefer the tactical exchanges and the 147...u always get goosebumps wen a player pots 7 or 8 reds and blacks lol

wel i do anyway...jst a buzz u get wen ur like "ooooooooo the 147 is on"
i guess it wood take more skill and ability to win a game as it is now rather than jst 6 reds...

wat u guys think?

scorrie
03-May-09, 21:10
Have to agree there excellent this year,felt sorry for Robertson from Aussie land but his inexperience shone through against Murphy who was very well composed.
Mark allen played well also but as with the murphy game he lacked composure but and excellent game nonetheless.
Higgins for the win,what a pro.
What did you think of the snooker sixes? do ya think it would take off?

Robertson played a couple of really stupid "exhibition" shots when coasting to a win in one frame. He nearly took the tip off his cue in the process and got a wee fright in the frame, which was needless. He'll need to learn that winning is everything, pleasing the crowd is a mug's game, as Jimmy White showed many times in the past.

Have to pass on a story from our viewing of that match. I had been brewing wind for some time and it reached breaking point near the end of one frame. Robertson was just about to pot the frame winning ball when I let go an almighty fart,so loud that the players might just about have heard. My wife shouted:- "What the Hell was that?" just as Robertson potted the ball that clinched the frame. John Virgo (referring to Robertson's nickname) could have been answering my Wife's question directly, as he roared "IT'S THE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER"

Luckily for me it wasn't "raining" at the same time!!

bigbenjokazooie
04-May-09, 00:46
Robertson played a couple of really stupid "exhibition" shots when coasting to a win in one frame. He nearly took the tip off his cue in the process and got a wee fright in the frame, which was needless. He'll need to learn that winning is everything, pleasing the crowd is a mug's game, as Jimmy White showed many times in the past.

Have to pass on a story from our viewing of that match. I had been brewing wind for some time and it reached breaking point near the end of one frame. Robertson was just about to pot the frame winning ball when I let go an almighty fart,so loud that the players might just about have heard. My wife shouted:- "What the Hell was that?" just as Robertson potted the ball that clinched the frame. John Virgo (referring to Robertson's nickname) could have been answering my Wife's question directly, as he roared "IT'S THE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER"

Luckily for me it wasn't "raining" at the same time!!

haha wat a story that was!! i can fully understand wat the thunder from down under feels like! if u have a dog? blame him :D

and yeh Robertson looks like a twit with that hair-doo and he showed that wen he was wackin the balls off the table...a pure doink the clown!!

lister
04-May-09, 00:54
[quote=scorrie;543525]Robertson played a couple of really stupid "exhibition" shots when coasting to a win in one frame. He nearly took the tip off his cue in the process and got a wee fright in the frame, which was needless. He'll need to learn that winning is everything, pleasing the crowd is a mug's game, as Jimmy White showed many times in the past.

Ah have just returned home fae havin a dram and was tired o e walk (no dam taxis again )and a wee bitty sour to say the least and ah have belly laughed for e first time e-day ha ha ha ha [lol]:lol:

Geo
04-May-09, 13:09
im not sure about the whole snooker sixes...

i can see pros and cons really for both...

i supose it wood be exciting and a bit more fast paced,
i sumtimes prefer the tactical exchanges and the 147...u always get goosebumps wen a player pots 7 or 8 reds and blacks lol

wel i do anyway...jst a buzz u get wen ur like "ooooooooo the 147 is on"
i guess it wood take more skill and ability to win a game as it is now rather than jst 6 reds...

wat u guys think?

Yeah I'm not sure about snooker sixes either. It takes too much away from what we know the game as. However snooker is supposed to be in trouble financially so they need to do something. Perhaps they should leave it as it is but introduce a maximum time between shots, say 15 seconds. You would still have the chance of 147s but the game would be quicker.

lister
04-May-09, 14:05
I think if this comes off it'll open the flood gates for more "Jeremy Clarckson" type crap ideas.

Dancing on ice snooker

Speed snooker with blindfolds

Snooker under fire(live ammo)

Snooker on horseback(jousting)

Snooker three's,fives,sevens etc
Dont mess around with snooker its fine the way it is.

scorrie
04-May-09, 16:12
Yeah I'm not sure about snooker sixes either. It takes too much away from what we know the game as. However snooker is supposed to be in trouble financially so they need to do something. Perhaps they should leave it as it is but introduce a maximum time between shots, say 15 seconds. You would still have the chance of 147s but the game would be quicker.

The Snooker Premier League, which is shown on Sky Sports uses a 25 second time limit. Players are allowed 5 Time-outs per match (Maximum 3 per frame) and are penalised five points if they exceed the time limit. Some shots simply need more thinking about than others and I think it might ruin the tactical element of the game if time limits were imposed. There already seems to be less tactical play, with numerous centuries being the order of the day and players get very few bites at the cherry in a game now.

Gizmo
04-May-09, 20:54
Well done Higgins, was there any doubt?...nah :D