PDA

View Full Version : Climbing out of Cot.

Rheghead
03-May-09, 13:58
Well it's got to that time when her ladyship is climbing out of her cot and falling with a bump. At 22 months is she an early starter for a big bed?:Razz

wifie
03-May-09, 14:03
No! Just make it not too huge a one and get a bed guard! :D

kriklah
03-May-09, 14:04
youll never get her to stay in the cot now, once they find they can get out theres no stopping them!!:roll:

big bed with safetyguard is the way to go now, tho trying to get them to stay there come bed time can be fun!!

unicorn
03-May-09, 14:05
Don't forget the baby gate on the door [lol]

Rheghead
03-May-09, 14:07
Thanks for the Heads-up everyone, a whole new era is unfolding me thinks!:lol:

mums angels
03-May-09, 15:44
My first son started getting out of his cot at just over a year and after awhile we gave up and put him in a big bed at 17 months it took a week of sitting outside his door and putting him back to bed without saying a word for 3 hours every night for him to finally learn that bed time was still bed time , my last son was 2 and a half and have to say it was easier with the first son so have decided to take our little girl out of hers in about 6 months when she is 18 months to see how it goes. Good luck .. :)

squidge
03-May-09, 17:24
WE just put the wee man in a bed about four weeks ago - he was 17 months. He had climbed and fallen out of his cot four times lol. We bought an IKEA childs bed - not too big and he LOVES it. We use the safety gate at his bedroom door so he cant get out and wander about hte house and we put a black out blind up at his window so he doesnt think five am is the time to get up. ITsbeen a success all round.

Dadie
03-May-09, 21:09
Nah not too little for a big bed!Lauren was in a real bed (proper single bed) at 18months old.I just bought a low one.Didnt use the bed guard long as she could navigate round it for getting down but couldnt get back up again.....she only fell out the bed twice!

balto
03-May-09, 21:45
all mine so far have been in a big bed since they were just over one when they moved into a big bed, they seemed to sleep better in a bed than the cot.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
03-May-09, 21:48
The problem isnae the cot.The problem arises whilst in the cot,the bairn realises what the secure tabs on the nappies are used for.To enter a room with the bairn standing in the cot,with the nappy lying and the EXPLOSION around.With the bairn looking at ye thinkin,"Look what I did Daddy."Aye ye cannae beat parenthood.[lol]

ShelleyCowie
03-May-09, 23:18
I think putting athrun in a big bed am gonna struggle with. He likes his cot, from day 1 we put him in a cot and he loves his cot.

Right now he still gets swaddled tightly (7 months old) cos its the only way he will sleep. So he is swaddled in a large cellular blanket, and wrapped again in a baby sleeping bag. (arms in obviously)

Can you imagine that in a big bed! :eek:

Good luck tho Rheg!!

mums angels
03-May-09, 23:30
The problem isnae the cot.The problem arises whilst in the cot,the bairn realises what the secure tabs on the nappies are used for.To enter a room with the bairn standing in the cot,with the nappy lying and the EXPLOSION around.With the bairn looking at ye thinkin,"Look what I did Daddy."Aye ye cannae beat parenthood.[lol]

LMAO .. that happened to me just today , my lovely soon to be one year old seems to have discovered how to get her trousers off and vest undone so that she can get at her nappy ... we were greeted by giggels and big smiles and a cot full of you know what :eek: needless to say she was put straight in the bath and the bed was stripped and washed .. nice way to spend my Sunday morning after a night on the town LOL

butterfly
03-May-09, 23:36
As Wifie says a bed guard is good.I also put pillows along the floor so if the little one climbs over and falls they will land on the pillows which is softer than the floor!

Rie
04-May-09, 13:34
both my children were in a bed at around 18 months, with bed guard once they figure out how to escape the bars there is no stopping them !!

scorrie
04-May-09, 16:14
Well it's got to that time when her ladyship is climbing out of her cot and falling with a bump. At 22 months is she an early starter for a big bed?:Razz

Enter her up in Britain's Cot Talent ;)

Dadie
04-May-09, 16:21
I had jammies for Lauren with a zip up the front which I would put on her backwards (the feet bits looked a bit funny) but it stopped the midnight stripping and nappy removal....and the bed changing...

Would suggest getting a couple of waterproof sheets for the bed and making up the bottom by putting on a waterproof sheet then a bottom sheet then another waterproof then another sheet so if there is any accidents in the middle of the night you just strip the top sheet and waterproof off and dont have to make the whole bed up.....I also have a spare duvet in its cover in the cupboard as well (just incase):lol:

dblonde
04-May-09, 18:37
Keep in the cot for as long as possible is my advice! My 2 year old daughter started climbing out of her cot before Xmas and still now doesnt sleep in her own bed the whole night! I have read that putting them in a sleeping bag prevents them climbing out as they cant get their legs up, wish I had known this in December!.

skinnydog
04-May-09, 20:03
I never used a bed guard but did use a sleeping bag but to be honest once they figure out how to unzip the sleeping bag it just starts another set of problems. She used to be totally stripped, nappy off the whole lot but would still be in the bed, she was and still is not a wanderer, once in the bed she is there to stay. Thank goodness!!!

joxville
04-May-09, 20:32
I had jammies for Lauren with a zip up the front which I would put on her backwards (the feet bits looked a bit funny) but it stopped the midnight stripping and nappy removal....and the bed changing..

Did you not think of cutting of the feet of the jammies? :roll::D

alex
04-May-09, 22:45
Don't forget to take photos so you can humiliate them in front of their potential life partners in fifteen years hence... :Razz

I have finally managed to destroy all my heritage except for one picture of when I am four which I love.

Dadie
05-May-09, 07:23
I did cut the feet off 1 pair of the jammies but she managed to get her hands up the trouser legs undo her vest and remove the nappy:eek:

She has small feet so the jammies still fitted her feet the wrong way round, they just looked odd with the feet bit flapping at the back instead of flapping round her toes.

Vistravi
05-May-09, 18:59
Your wee lass is fair determined Dadie:lol: