PDA

View Full Version : Parma Violets

Rheghead
03-May-09, 02:45
Can anyone tell me where I can buy some please in Caithness? Got a craving for them if you know what I mean?:lol:

butterfly
03-May-09, 03:36
Used to enjoy them but cant say i have seen them around for a while but will be looking for them now!

lister
03-May-09, 04:10
Think i saw then in tesco's lol.

Aaldtimer
03-May-09, 04:11
Can anyone tell me where I can buy some please in Caithness? Got a craving for them if you know what I mean?:lol:

You're not pregnant are you Rheg?:eek:

Sporran
03-May-09, 06:11
I was going to ask the same thing, but you beat me to it, Aaldtimer! :lol:

neepnipper
03-May-09, 08:19
If you can't find any locally try www.aquarterof.co.uk (http://www.aquarterof.co.uk) , they sell mini parma violets and giant ones, plus loads of other old favourites!

flowertot
03-May-09, 09:46
I think Fraser's shop on Castlegreen Road has them.

Venture
03-May-09, 10:45
Co-op in Wick has them as I buy them regularly. Try the Thurso Co-op.

poppett
03-May-09, 11:09
Brass` sweetie shop have lots of old favourites, and JA Mackay the grocer will hunt and take in most anything unusual if folk will buy it.

unicorn
03-May-09, 11:57
I saw them in Tesco as well in Thurso hanging up I think it was near rthe frozen stuff.

Rie
03-May-09, 12:26
Frazers on castle green road do them , i know as i have an addiction to them lol!

Rheghead
03-May-09, 12:46
Thanks everyone and no I'm not pregnant but you'll be the first to know if I am;)

joxville
03-May-09, 13:11
I saw them in Tesco as well in Thurso hanging up I think it was near rthe frozen stuff.

Don't you mean hanging down? ;)

Venture
03-May-09, 13:30

Definitely pick(y) and mix there joxville.;) I'd say they have to be hung up to hang down.

Kodiak
03-May-09, 17:42
Try this site for Retro Sweets, "Scottish Sweetie Shop"

http://www.scottishsweetieshop.co.uk/?gclid=CMe2ibXLoJoCFQqenAodAy7N-Q

Everything from Soor Plooms to Lucky Tatties Great FUN !!!

hotrod4
03-May-09, 17:55
Pregnant?;)

twiglet
03-May-09, 20:16
Frasers on Castlegreen Rd have the giant ones. Hope you find some. Am rather partial myself.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
03-May-09, 21:06
Ye can get them in the Co-op,Tesco and Meiklejohns.My sweetie joints,ye can probably get them in other places.Parma Violets are the posh mans Swizzlers.As John Lennon would say in sweetie terms,"All those folk in the cheap seats,if ye just clap your swizzlers.For the rest of ye just rattle yer Parma Violets!!!":lol::lol:

sevenfortyseven
04-May-09, 12:33
If you can't find any locally try www.aquarterof.co.uk (http://www.aquarterof.co.uk) , they sell mini parma violets and giant ones, plus loads of other old favourites!

that websites amazing - quite reasonable also! thanks neepnipper!:)

Geo
04-May-09, 13:11
The shop in Watten sells the big packets of them and also the big packets of Love Hearts.

Dadie
04-May-09, 16:27
I looked at a quarter of ... now I want sweetie letters, sasparrilla sticks sherbet dibdabs....but most of all the walk down sweetie heaven made me want a childhood fave cremola foam...discontinued and forgotten about till now!
:(

neepnipper
04-May-09, 21:35
that websites amazing - quite reasonable also! thanks neepnipper!:)

I know, the postage actually works out cheaper for here if you just have a few things, amazing!

joxville
04-May-09, 21:40

Thanks for the links neep, I've just spent £18, inc. postage, on a load of sweets. Ooooh, canna wait-especially with me being a Slim Jim I can eat as much as I want. :Razz

Rheghead
05-May-09, 18:31
Another sweetie that I like is Kendal Mintcake, never seen that in Caithness either.:)

neepnipper
05-May-09, 18:35
They have it on a quarter of, not the chocolate covered variety.

Aaldtimer
05-May-09, 19:47
Another sweetie that I like is Kendal Mintcake, never seen that in Caithness either.:)

Cardosi's used to do it.
I used to stock up a few bars for my cycle touring - perfect energy boost for the braes on the west coast!
Don't know whether they do it in the Prices St shop tho'.:confused

Cedric Farthsbottom III
05-May-09, 19:55
I used to like Wispas,they got rid of them.Peer pressure made them come back,Ya beauty.Now if only they could bring back Creamola Foam and Texan Bars(the dentists favourites),I'll die a happier sweet tooth man.:lol::lol:

stiggy
05-May-09, 22:04
I used to like Wispas,they got rid of them.Peer pressure made them come back,Ya beauty.Now if only they could bring back Creamola Foam and Texan Bars(the dentists favourites),I'll die a happier sweet tooth man.:lol::lol:

Creamola Foam nearly got me arrested as customs men look at funny white powder rather suspiciously :lol:

davlaurjen
06-May-09, 00:01
Maybe they were just hanging.dude!

butterfly
06-May-09, 03:15
I think Red Bull tastes like Creamola Foam.

ett23
06-May-09, 12:16
I looked at a quarter of ... now I want sweetie letters, sasparrilla sticks sherbet dibdabs....but most of all the walk down sweetie heaven made me want a childhood fave cremola foam...discontinued and forgotten about till now!
:(

I have very fond childhood memories of creamola foam. I used to have it as a treat when I came home from school. I still remember where my mum used to keep it in the kitchen cupboard next to the fridge! :eek:

Kodiak
06-May-09, 14:58
I used to give my Son Creamola Foam about 30 odd years ago and he loved it. I must admit I used to like it as well but I think I would find it a bit sweet if I had any now.

Dadie
06-May-09, 21:04
red bull tastes nothing like creamola foam!Creamola foam was better in vodka than red bull as well!

joxville
06-May-09, 21:12
My sweets still haven't arrived.:(

joxville
07-May-09, 19:17
Woo hoo, my sweets arrived today.....time to pig out. :D

Rheghead
07-May-09, 19:30
Woo hoo, my sweets arrived today.....time to pig out. :D

Which did you get?:confused

joxville
07-May-09, 19:41
Which did you get?:confused

I bought Soor Plooms, Sweet Tobacco, Sherbert Lemons, Aniseed Balls, Sweet Peanuts, Refreshers and Anglo Bubbly....and here they all are. :D

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1870/1002139.jpg

Dadie
07-May-09, 19:44
Hope you have the emergency dentists no:lol:

marlyn
12-May-09, 14:50
just spotted ...... 99p shop in Thurso has Parma Violets

krackenkid
12-May-09, 19:04
you can get 4 for 99p in the 99p shop in wick, prob have the same in the thurso one to.