PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on...?

Bazeye
02-May-09, 17:49
Some Nigerians citizens,who have Nigerian passports and who currently live in Nigeria will ba allowed to vote in the EU and UK elections by proxy without ever to have to leave their homes. Any Nigerian who has lived at any time in the UK for 10 years are eligible to vote. Does anybodyknow why?

northener
02-May-09, 18:48
What's your source for this info, Bazeye?

All sounds very odd.:confused

squidge
02-May-09, 19:18
This is a BNP news article!!! You can find it here

http://bnp.org.uk/2009/05/eu-madness-nigerians-with-nigerian-passports-living-in-nigeria-can-vote-in-british-eu-elections-by-proxy/

It is taken from an original article here (you click on the link at the bottom of the BNP article.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200904290215.html

The main difference between the two articles is a rather fundamental one but i am ABSOLUTELY sure the BNP would not have misrepresented the original article for their own "lets whip up he masses into a frenzy" agenda. The BNP article says Nigerians with Nigerian passports whilst the original All africa article says Nigerians with British Passports. So we are actually should be reading "British citizens living in Nigeria are entitled to vote" The usual rules apply which I think are that you can vote in UK and Eurpopean electons if at sometime in the past 15 years you have been on the electoral roll. You are classed as an overseas voter.

I am sure you will be heartily reasured Bazeye now you know that only British Passport holders will be allowed to vote.

Bazeye
02-May-09, 19:54
Thought it might have been a wind up.:confused

Why did you put three exclamation marks after mentioning the bnp though, just wondering?

squidge
02-May-09, 22:36
!!! Because it astounds me that anyone puts BNP and News in the same sentence and expects anything in it to be unbiased genuine reporting.

A wind up? Aye maybe - more like a deliberate attempt to encourage the "this is outrageous and disgraceful" brigade to get out their high horses.:roll: