PDA

View Full Version : How does your pet speak

munron
01-May-09, 18:31
I must be on some sort of trip today or lacking in adult company, but anyhoo, I have advertised Keira for sale on the pets section and it got me thinking. Do you "speak" for your pet and add a personality?

We have always done it in our house - ie ask them questions and then answer in their voice. Keira has a lisp, childish clipped tones and is very matter of fact, Dexter is very gruff and grumbly and swears a lot. Paddy the horse kind of speaks like my brother and mainly his words all begin with f - ie food if you dont have any....well the other f.

Are it me that is mad or do you all do it - if so whats does yours sound like.

Liz
01-May-09, 19:03
No it's you who's just mad!:lol::lol:

I do speak to my pets but don't speak on their behalf. Maybe it's just me.:confused

Come on folks confession time!lol

ciderally
01-May-09, 19:29
yep ....speak for them ...and answer for them as well....???

teenybash
01-May-09, 19:48
I am definately guilty at putting words into my pets mouths....or translating what they are asking for into human. Many a time the pet crow has been making a racket, much to the annoyance of my oh and I simply say...'she is only asking you blah.' Scary thing is I am usually right!!!!
I mut be a bit of an old crow myself.[lol]

neepnipper
01-May-09, 21:33
I'm always nattering away to my lot and of course we have converstions, I just have to translate out loud, usually to hubbie who's just as bad (or mad!?) as me!:lol:

Liz
01-May-09, 22:40
Oh yes I do put into words what they are wanting like you Teenybash.:D

I haven't given them their own voices like Munron though.lol

carasmam
01-May-09, 22:44
I think I'd start worrying if I heard voices :lol::Razz

balto
01-May-09, 22:46
yep ....speak for them ...and answer for them as well....???
yup me aswell, mind you my tom cat sandy is very vocal, and can make himself heard lol.[lol]

GruesomeTwosome
04-May-09, 12:43
I do voices from one dog to the other, only when we're alone as my OH finds it a little disturbing! :lol:

My girl has a voice like you've taken a mouthful of helium and my boy has a deep Louis Armstrong tone.

Rie
04-May-09, 13:47
I am always having "conversations with my pets and talking for them , my kids think its great ,
Had the shock of my life the other day though when i walked in the house as usual and said hello to the "Insiders" ( cats and dog) only to be answered by one of the cats coming down stairs and saying " mello"
freaky or what!!

ShelleyCowie
04-May-09, 13:57
I am always speaking to Fintan, he sits longer than brenon so shows Fintan is a better listener!

I tend to speak for him too. I will say "you wantin fed" and then i will put his answer at the end of it, but fintan is good at "speaking" in his own way.

Basically he annoys you until he gets more food (bowl is never empty) but he likes it to be topped up. He likes to have a wee drop of his milk and then water.

Vistravi
05-May-09, 03:49
Hmm bit of madness going on here.

My two cats are very good at getting their point across. my tom cat is very vocal and will usually sit on you if he wnats stroked or followyou everywhee deliberatly tripping you up untill you feed him. my queen cat has big expressive eyes and just has to give you a look out of one of her many looks.
My lord do they make a racket in the car though. meow, meow, yowl, meow:lol: