PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone needing a dog walker/sitter?

PAH26
01-May-09, 18:18
Anyone in need of a dog walker/sitter on Monday or Thursday mornings/afternoons/evenings?

Decided with all this free time I have over the summer I would like to do something useful.

Very reliable and flexible on times.

Absolutely love dogs! :Razz

Send a pm or contact Alan in Pets at Home

neepnipper
01-May-09, 18:23
If anyone would like a reference for Alan then please pm me, he'll do a great job looking after your dog, highly recommended!:D

PAH26
01-May-09, 18:57
If anyone would like a reference for Alan then please pm me, he'll do a great job looking after your dog, highly recommended!:D

Aww thanks Debbie :Razz

Ah Just realised I've worded my title wrong! looks like I'm the one in need of a dog sitter. Darn

PAH26
05-May-09, 18:40
I forgot to mention that I'm unable to host the dog(s) in my own home for various reasons, therefore the sitting would be in your own home. And also for that reason if I am to walk the pooch then I won't be able to have them all day, just for a few hours.

Oh also as I don't have a car I'm bound to the Wick area too!

Sorry about any misunderstandings! :Razz

Julia
05-May-09, 20:01
Do you have insurance?

PAH26
06-May-09, 12:19
I didn't think I needed insurance to walk a dog? I'm just looking for something to make a wee bit of extra money (basically whatever the owner feels is appropriate) over the summer, and get me out and about at the same time. :Razz I'm not a "professional" as such.

I do tutoring for Standard Grades too if anyone is interested? ;)

Julia
06-May-09, 13:44
I think you should have insurance first, what if the someone's prize pup you were caring for ran away or got killed or bit someone or caused a car accident etc.. You should ideally have at least 3rd party insurance to cover yourself and others just in case the worst did happen, I'm not trying to be cheeky but just to give you some advice as I used to have my own dog walking/sitting service many many years ago.

PAH26
06-May-09, 14:30
Thanks for the advice Julia. I didn't really think of that. But then again isn't that risk is taken by anyone walking a dog every single day? (some of whom don't even have pet insurance themselves I can tell you?):confused. And as I am only able to do this for a couple of months over the summer as I'm heading abroad at the end of July, then off to uni September I don't think getting insurance seems justifiable. I leave it up to the owners discretion then whether to contact me.

unicorn
06-May-09, 14:39
I don't understand why these ads are allowed but if you advertise childcare which is also a service, it gets removed.

Tyke
06-May-09, 16:21
I don't understand why these ads are allowed but if you advertise childcare which is also a service, it gets removed.

Me too Unicorn, I once answered a query for someone looking for directions to Pampered Pets in Thurso. Not only did my reply get thrown off ,but I also got an offical warning for advertising a business:roll::roll::roll:

unicorn
06-May-09, 16:26
Tyke can u pm me those directions please.