PDA

View Full Version : Dog for Sale

munron
01-May-09, 09:42
Hi All

It is with little regret that I need to find a buyer for Keira. Husband has said if I want another horse she has to go, so first offer of £3000 secures.

She is deaf in one ear, this is the ear that deals with all commands like off, down, leave and no. Her other ear deals with walkies and food and works just fine. She is great with children although she doesnt seem to like with they sit on her, pull her ears and poke her eyes. Kiera is quite low maintainance and she will quite happily sleep after three hours exercise. She is helpful round the house eating tissues that you have carelessly left behind, cleaning up after your toddler or stealing his food to ensure that he doesnt get to fat or ramming her nose up his backside to tell mummy there is a foosty bum around. Keira is good at reminding you that the sheets on the bed need changed by walking over them with mucky paws and sometimes she will deliberatly wee and poo on your dirty carpet to remind you it is cleaning time.

Keira could earn you money as a toy tester - we have gone to great expenditure to get the supposedly toughest toy in the world - it is lying dead behind the couch. She is great at teaching your youngsters dissection, although it may be apt to advise that white fluff is not present on the inside of living things.

So get in the queue - the cuddy of my dreams might not be around long.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/KeiraSinging.jpg

We dont mind if the buyer would prefer she stayed here and viewed her at a distance, although husband would prefer a no return policy.

supernova
01-May-09, 10:03
Thanks for giving me a good chuckle! Reminds me a bit of my dog, a complete pain in the backside but loved so much.:lol:

balto
01-May-09, 10:12
that is a brilliant story, she sound like my dog max, that has really cheered me up. cheers

munron
01-May-09, 10:22
Now come on guys this is a very serious post - there is no tongue in my cheek honest.

Now incase you are swithering over giving me your hard earned cash, here are some deal clinchers.

Keira is a clairvoyant - she can see things that are not apparant to the naked eye. She will let you know of their presence by growling in a low menacing tone. Luckily this has scared all the ghoolies and ghosties away - thank goodness for that.

Stuck for ideas on left over Sunday roasts? This will never be a problem again, Keira relieves you of all your worries and your beef.

Must go as the ghosts are back - we are so lucky to have Kiera and now it is someone elses turn (hmm hold on if I get rid of her maybe the ghosts will come in the house......)

Edit to add the most important thing that I very nearly forgot - when you are speaking for Keira (you know the thing that we all do but never admit it like asking them questions then answering for them) - well Keira has a lisp and speaks in a very clipped spoilt brat tone, Dexter, my other dog speaks like a grumpy old man and swears a lot

Foxy
01-May-09, 17:36
Why don't you just get rid of hubby then you can keep your dog and have a new horse. :lol:

carasmam
01-May-09, 17:45
Thanks for the laugh Munron :lol::lol:

munron
01-May-09, 18:21
I dont think I could raise the 3k on the hubbie sadly, but it has crossed my mind.

I am concerned now that there are 140 plus views and no takers.
For a limited time only I can throw in the tick she has?
Maybe I should have put this in pets corner - mods feel free to move.

Liz
01-May-09, 18:57
Munron you are nuts and I love it!!!:lol:

munron
01-May-09, 19:02
Liz, the tick is no longer available as an extra with Keira - do you want it? As you are a good lass I can give it to you for nothing.

Liz
01-May-09, 22:41
Can I get it on tick Munron?:lol:

Fit are ye on wumman?! lol

GruesomeTwosome
04-May-09, 12:30
How about a swap Munron??

My girl is deaf in both ears (doesnt listen to one blessed word I say!) and not only clears sunday roast left overs but ANY leftovers, eatable or not! You might find her easier to flog?? :lol:

P.S. Not really bothered about the tick :eek:

Rie
04-May-09, 13:43
i agree with foxy , ditch the hubby lol ! thank you for a good laugh and certainly on of the best threads on here in a while ,
the pets corner section is deffinatly the place to be !

munron
04-May-09, 14:16
How about a swap Munron??

Is your gal big enough to chuck a saddle on and carry my ample backside around? If so there may be a deal to be had - Keira is to whippy for that.

Thanks for all your nice comments, but I have noticed that not one of you has offered to put your hand in your pockets. My brother in law was going to offer me a quid, but he got scared incase I accepted.

Are you sure I cant tempt you - I can maybe offer a BOGOF (that does not relate to the look Keira is giving me in this photo)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/DexterandKeiraonBeach.jpg

carasmam
04-May-09, 17:36
What a brilliant expression on her face - very cheeky :lol:

kat300586
04-May-09, 19:18
these dogs r soo cute. i want one

Fran
04-May-09, 20:01
Please dont get rid of your dog, the other one will pine, they look so lovely together. Get rid of hubby and keep the dog, pleasssssssssssssssssssse

munron
04-May-09, 20:16
Honest Kat you dont want one, they do the stinkiest bottie burps and poop about 50 times a day. Their favourite meals include horse poop (well I suppose that is recycling) and their treats are rabbit poop (like thortons little plops of chocolate heaven). Keira also likes to eat your mail, but hey ho it gets rid of that junk mail and who needs depressing bank statements.

Hubby will be well pleased he has three votes now ha ha.

marlyn
04-May-09, 21:08
I'd have her (or both) in a second! haven't got a spare £3K though. Don't let my daughters see them though or they would raid all the piggy banks - dalmation daft the pair of them!

ciderally
04-May-09, 21:47
tee hee ....like it ..just when i needed a laugh..thanks xx

GruesomeTwosome
05-May-09, 10:43
Is your gal big enough to chuck a saddle on and carry my ample backside around? If so there may be a deal to be had - Keira is to whippy for that.

Can only try! :lol:

jac1791
05-May-09, 14:31
I had a dalmation for 11 year -- sadly he was put to sleep last year but I take my hat off to you if you can cope with 2 of them. at 11 Jake still acted the rebelious puppy....

munron
05-May-09, 19:40
Oh Jac, so sorry to hear about your boy Jake, it doesnt matter what their age loosing a beloved pet is never easy.

I am fortunate and I have opposites - as much as Keira is a fruit loop Dexter is just a couch potato. He doesnt play, never really has done, isnt sociable (growls when husband pats him - but I see his point). He goes walks, he doesnt do the garden as that is pointless,he eats, he poops and comes up on the couch for kisses but only with me.

Sometimes though, just sometimes, he can be silly

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/DexterSmiling.jpg

cat
05-May-09, 20:26
def keep dog and maybe think about gettin rid o your OH!
mines got me sheep to replace horse!!its been a year and they just arna doin it for me:confused

Vistravi
05-May-09, 23:21
Please everyone do not take this the wrong way. i don't mean this post as insult to anyone just a general enquiry.

Are dalamations as a breed hard to train or do they as a whole tend to not listen to commands?

Good luck with your quest for a new owner for Keira, I would take her but i'm scared of dogs and don't have 3k to spare.

munron
06-May-09, 11:44
Please everyone do not take this the wrong way. i don't mean this post as insult to anyone just a general enquiry.

Are dalamations as a breed hard to train or do they as a whole tend to not listen to commands?

Hi Vistravi, no insult taken at all. Dals are like all dogs, you give them and inch and they will take you a mile. I always believe in training your dog to an extent you can live with.

What they do want is stimulation, Dexter used to love going to agility and we practise obedience now and again in the garden with Keira. We hope to get some cheap agility stuff for the garden or field so we can let them have more fun this summer. Trust me the best dog in the world is a conked out one that has had a day of fun and frolics.

It is a shame that you are scared of dogs, although I can appreciate this is a genuine issue for some. I am actually not that comfortable with cats.

(PS - Keira cookie dough is not really for sale, I couldnt possibly part with my little girl who has such a joy for life - well not today anyway haha)

GruesomeTwosome
06-May-09, 12:33
(PS - Keira cookie dough is not really for sale, I couldnt possibly part with my little girl who has such a joy for life - well not today anyway haha)

So I will pack the saddle away and my girl can rest easy?? :lol::lol:

Liz
06-May-09, 13:37
Oh Jac, so sorry to hear about your boy Jake, it doesnt matter what their age loosing a beloved pet is never easy.

I am fortunate and I have opposites - as much as Keira is a fruit loop Dexter is just a couch potato. He doesnt play, never really has done, isnt sociable (growls when husband pats him - but I see his point). He goes walks, he doesnt do the garden as that is pointless,he eats, he poops and comes up on the couch for kisses but only with me.

Sometimes though, just sometimes, he can be silly

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/DexterSmiling.jpg

Ha ha. Great photo.:lol: