PDA

View Full Version : Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

grantyg
03-Mar-06, 16:29
Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

grntay

coastown
03-Mar-06, 16:42
read it through no bother it just goes to show,good one:Razz

moose and Lindsay
03-Mar-06, 16:49
I can read it no bother to, but how long did it take to write it?? :)

Chillie
03-Mar-06, 16:52
No problem, very easy to read.

JAWS
03-Mar-06, 17:27
That is absolutely amazing.

Funky_Foal
03-Mar-06, 17:31
it was quite easy to read :confused

phoenix
03-Mar-06, 17:38
Nice one grantyg [lol] and not one apostrophy hehehehehe :p Makes one wonder about what they teach us at school eh! :confused:

Abdullah
03-Mar-06, 17:49
heh, we can read that, but can you read this counter-example?

Anidroccg to crad cniyrrag lcitsiugnis planoissefors at an uemannd utisreviny in Bsitirh Cibmuloa, and crartnoy to the duoibus cmials of the ueticnd rcraeseh, a slpmie, macinahcel ioisrevnn of ianretnl cretcarahs araepps sneiciffut to csufnoe the eadyrevy oekoolnr.

Gus
03-Mar-06, 18:33
eh?

What's that?

Ann
03-Mar-06, 18:52
Teb tiehr tnot eb a qicuk rlpey ot tihs one!

Abdullah
03-Mar-06, 18:57
Anidroccg to crad cniyrrag lcitsiugnis planoissefors at an uemannd utisreviny in Bsitirh Cibmuloa, and crartnoy to the duoibus cmials of the ueticnd rcraeseh, a slpmie, macinahcel ioisrevnn of ianretnl cretcarahs araepps sneiciffut to csufnoe the eadyrevy oekoolnr.

They did this by keeping the first and last letter the same, but spelling the rest of the word backwards. It put the letters as far away from their original places as possible, and proved the first experiment wrong.

Ann
03-Mar-06, 19:02
According to card carrying linguistic professionals at an unnamed university in British Columbia, and contrary to the dubious claims of the uncited research, a simple, mehanical inversion of internal characters appears sufficient to confuse the everyday onlooker.

krieve
03-Mar-06, 19:05
Teb tiehr tnot eb a qicuk rlpey ot tihs one!
bet their not be a quick reply to this one!

landmarker
03-Mar-06, 19:07
No bother but why bother? It must have taken ages to write and the result are predictable. I wouldn't say intelligent people 'understand' it faster, just good readers. The two are not always the same thing, although it's often a sign of intelligence I'll grant thee.

Saveman
04-Mar-06, 00:13
Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

grntay

Eh!!??

It's all gerek ot em

;)

pirateeye
09-Mar-06, 03:22
lol ed ur funny and daft lol the 1st 1 was easy but 2nd hard ha!

MadPict
09-Mar-06, 11:14
Bet the boffins at Cambridge would have a job decyphering some of the posts in the forum, even without using this principle....