PDA

View Full Version : another scam

majic
01-May-09, 09:06
in the past few days we have had emails from online banking banks saying invalid logon atempts some of them we dont even have a account with it has happend to us before what we did is contact the banks by phone and send them them and it stoped its a pain but some people send info and get scamed thats why they keep trying (sorry if it a bit muddled but i hurt my back and on drugs for the pain my head is a bit squishy)

S&LHEN
01-May-09, 09:58
I have too luckily I realised it must be a scam because it was abby national and I dont bank with them but next day it was tsb if this one had come first I would have fallen right into there trap :roll:

balto
01-May-09, 09:59
one place for emails like this, and that is in the recycle bin, i get loads of these but deleate them straight away.

pat
01-May-09, 10:42
I just delete any and everyone of them - never open them - if my bank wants to contact me they will write or email me with the correct contact details etc.

ciderally
01-May-09, 10:46
i reported this to my bank ...and was told to deleat them as they arrive...and they arrive every other day...

sevenfortyseven
01-May-09, 11:41
I just delete any and everyone of them - never open them - if my bank wants to contact me they will write or email me with the correct contact details etc.

exactly banks usually contact you through mail if anything. sometimes get e-mails from them when my e-statements are ready but thats about it

majic
01-May-09, 11:43
I have too luckily I realised it must be a scam because it was abby national and I dont bank with them but next day it was tsb if this one had come first I would have fallen right into there trap :roll:

thats funny our first one was abbey we do have an account with them the next was google no account with them and another was tsb and all said the same thing

Kodiak
01-May-09, 11:57
I get these type of e-mails every day and I dont even look at them, they are deleted at once. I have had them from CitiGroup, RBS, Barclays, Abbey, Royal Bank of Canada, Several American Banks I cant even remember the names of, the list goes on and on. Just Trash them thats all you need to do and then forget them.

anneoctober
01-May-09, 12:44
I get these type of e-mails every day and I dont even look at them, they are deleted at once. I have had them from CitiGroup, RBS, Barclays, Abbey, Royal Bank of Canada, Several American Banks I cant even remember the names of, the list goes on and on. Just Trash them thats all you need to do and then forget them.
Ditto ! Delete delete delete [evil]

majic
01-May-09, 13:32
ok i will take i will just delete cos if i have to phone the banks it costs i only have a mobile thanks

mulac
01-May-09, 14:09
If you check the header info of the email or find out the IP address involved on the web site you could always contact the ISP involved and they will shut the site down !

majic
01-May-09, 14:20
good idea i d notice that ther was a nother name some other shop

Whitewater
01-May-09, 14:24
Your bank, credit card company, pay pal, or any other finacial institute will never phone or email you asking for account details, they already have them. Any phone calls or emails requesting details you just ignore, emails delete without opening.

wndyndy
02-May-09, 02:15
all these scams really put me off use online banking now, too risky!:mad:

thanks for noticeing us of all these scams anyway