PDA

View Full Version : Time for the Snip... what do you think??

teenybash
30-Apr-09, 23:38
At what age, if any should a woman have her long hair cut?
Can a woman just be too 'mutton dressed as lamb' to keep the long tresses.....What is your opinion?[smirk]

TBH
30-Apr-09, 23:39
Can a woman just be too 'mutton dressed as lamb' to keep the long tresses.....What is your opinion?[smirk]Probably 30 as yer all past it by then.

Celtic YNWA
30-Apr-09, 23:40
i thought this thread was about something else. HAHAHAHA:lol:

wifie
30-Apr-09, 23:45
Probably 30 as yer all past it by then.

I'll hold him down teeny and you tickle him! [disgust]

I have had short hair for years cos my hair is horrible so dinna ask me! [lol]

Foxy
30-Apr-09, 23:49
I have long hair and i'm in my forties :eek: and i'm quite happy with it. I would say it's up to each individual how they have there hair. :)

davlaurjen
30-Apr-09, 23:54
Me,too.:eek:

alex
30-Apr-09, 23:58
Can a woman just be too 'mutton dressed as lamb' to keep the long tresses.....What is your opinion?[smirk]

Certainly not if you are feeling down or someone has told you you should. If you have always had long locks, it could be more emotional than you think. But there is a time when the care overbears.

Actually I think older ladies with long hair plaited shows a great bond with our primitive ancestry but you'd also have to wear sack cloth and communicate through a mix of runes and pictish swearing. Hmm... I actually met that lady by Victoria bus station and it wasn't good.

Do you like it?
Can you look after it?

Those are the only questions.

Kodiak
01-May-09, 00:02
A Lady should have the length of hair that she wants and should pay attention to no one else. If you like Long Hair then fine have Long Hair.

The only time you should consider having your hair cut if you like long hair is if it is getting difficult to manage. Other than that it is your decision and yours alone. Sorry if not much help.

Fran
01-May-09, 00:02
If you have long hair keep it. Mine was long and i had it cut and it never grew that length again. I really regretted it.

Anne x
01-May-09, 00:04
Gotta be careful here Im well well over Forty and have longish hair get it cut every 6 weeks but it is nice to tie up put in a Bun or A Bannana clip or good old band twist it about stick and secure with a good old bull dog plastic clip in it my very favourite
Hope I am not mutton dressed as lamb I have really thick hair and it grows at a rate I know Im lucky I get mine thinned out a lot
But I do think some people could actually do with the snip

Bazeye
01-May-09, 00:09
Get it cut. If you dont like it wear a hat until it grows back, its only hair.:)

Rheghead
01-May-09, 00:56

As a younger man I thought somehow fooled or cheated in some way if I saw a young gorgeous woman from the back with her long flowing locks falling about the bottom of her back and then I get a glimpse of her face and she was in her fifties or even older.:eek:

Now I just think she is making a good job of what she's got left and I think good on you.:lol:

I must be getting old too...

Anne x
01-May-09, 01:09
As a younger man I thought somehow fooled or cheated in some way if I saw a young gorgeous woman from the back with her long flowing locks falling about the bottom of her back and then I get a glimpse of her face and she was in her fifties or even older.:eek:

Now I just think she is making a good job of what she's got left and I think good on you.:lol:

I must be getting old too...

Happened to me once many years ago lol but the opposite way I was working away hearing observations about my figure ,hair and legs from a group of young youths on a job scheme turned round and one young lad the leader of the pack said
omg its ------- mother she is way old

butterfly
01-May-09, 02:11
Dont cut your hair Teenybash if you like it the way it is,keep it.I have the wash n go haircut,short,but takes up less time.

Vistravi
01-May-09, 04:06
Keep it long if you want teenybash.
If you like it long then keep it long. if you want it short then cut it.
You're the one who has to put up with it and if you get it cut short and you hate then you'll regret it terribly.
I used to have really long hair when i was 14 but i cut it to shoulder length and now i want it long again. i'm quite happy with shoulder length but prefer it a bit longer myself.

horseman
01-May-09, 05:19
Time for the snip-Jesus wept woman my blood ran cold-'She reads those columns'
No babs it is not time for snipping. I know fine an well it can be most disconcerting to see a fine long thick set of curly locks from a distance an than find that it is on an 'old biddy'wearing it-unless of course it is your misses an you are an old mannie yourself
As for me-my eldest daughter is a hairdresser so consequently mums hair gets the full treatment, naturally long an like a river 'flowing' thick as a midden??? an tinted to a fine blonde shade. She looks super with it-an the detractors can go an piss up their kilts.
So my answer to your post t/b is -please forget the 'mutton dressed as lamb' tag-you are as old as you feel;)

joxville
01-May-09, 05:38
I've seen many a woman that's mutton dressed as mutton-the hair made no difference. [lol]

poppett
01-May-09, 10:21
With AnneX on this one.

I had my long coloured and curled hair (which was in excellent condition) cut short for a makeover for my fiftieth birthday, and regretted it from the minute the scissors made the first snip.

It has now grown to a length I can do a few styles with, but mostly it`s wash and go with a clip in or a bulldog bringing up the rear.

achingale
01-May-09, 11:03
Why don't you go for shoulder length? It's inbetween being short and long and you can still style it.:)

sevenfortyseven
01-May-09, 11:28

wear your hair however you want it. doesnt matter what others think;)

majic
01-May-09, 11:59
i dont understand what makes long hair for the young?

cuddlepop
01-May-09, 14:24
I think your long hair makes you who you are so if your happy inyourself why cut it?:D

I've friends in their late fortys and fiftys with long hair and they look great.

Only do it if its really what you want as you canny stick it back on.:eek:

Whitewater
01-May-09, 14:31
As a man I don't think there is a "Right Age" for having your long hair cut, you simply wear it in the manner which compiments your facial features.

mulac
01-May-09, 14:36
I was thinking of getting the snip done too !
Wrong kind of snip ! :lol:

butterfly
01-May-09, 16:23
I was thinking of getting the snip done too !
Wrong kind of snip ! :lol:

That one sounds more painful!:eek::lol:

lister
01-May-09, 18:04
Me an all.....just as well in aint...ha ha ha

wee sparkle
01-May-09, 21:39
i dont understand what makes long hair for the young?

I think you should stick to the style you feel most comfortable with, Be it long or short hair, whatever you like best, stick with it, never heed other folk..

As for long hair for the young, im with majic ...... im just turning 18, and had hair down past my shoulders, which i didnt feel suited me, and so i convinced dear Alice to let me get it cut, and i cut it SHORT!...as in my brother had longer hair than me! :lol: I dont think there should be an age restriction on how you wear your hair, whatever you like best :D

I wish i took a picture of Alice's face when she saw it, was a fun moment:p

Bazeye
01-May-09, 21:56
I see Amy Winehouse has just brought some new hair products out. Apparently their called Go "n" Wash.

purplelady
02-May-09, 00:20
leave it is what I say I turn 50 next year and have shoulder lengh blond hair yes and it is dyed but will continue dying till am emmmmmmmmmmm older, besides have a toyboy have to keep looking young for lol

Tugmistress
02-May-09, 07:31
I'm 42 and have long hair, i've had it as short as a fella's in the past too, but my neck got too cold, so long all the way for me (though short at the front so it doesn't dangle in my dinner lol). it's my hair, i don't care if people think i am 'mutton dressed as lamb' - but i'm wierd anyway lol

goldilocks
02-May-09, 16:29
I don't think it matters what age your are to have long hair, as long as you are happy with it, it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks...... :D

Sporran
02-May-09, 17:27
I have long, naturally straight hair down to my waist, and I get a lot of compliments on it, from old and young alike. I'm in my early fifties, and people usually take me for younger. I'm sure it's partly due to my hair and the fact that I have very few wrinkles for my age. I've had my hair both long and short, and in between over the years. I went through my thirties and most of my forties with it on the short to medium side, layered and permed. Having it long and straight again, like I did for a good part of my twenties, is one of the best things I ever did for myself. Luckily, my hair is still thick, and I have very few grey strands so far. My husband loves it this way, and was delighted when I decided to grow it long again. So I say go for long hair, no matter what your age, as long as you keep it in good condition, and have the ends trimmed on a regular basis! :)

Happy Rascal
02-May-09, 17:36
What has age got to do with the length a woman has her hair its her choice no matter how old she is.

butterfly
02-May-09, 18:13
What looks sad is seeing an older man with long hair tied in a ponytail,and the hair is so thin that the pony tail looks like an undernourished rat clinging to his back!

Mrs Bucket
02-May-09, 19:06
I'll hold him down teeny and you tickle him! [disgust]

I have had short hair for years cos my hair is horrible so dinna ask me! [lol]
Tickle him I dont think so

TBH
03-May-09, 00:22
Tickle him I dont think soJust as well she wasn't addressing you then, isn't it.

butterfly
03-May-09, 01:00
Ats choost what i was thinking too TBH !

wifie
03-May-09, 01:06
Mibbe she thinks ticklin is too good for him! ;) [lol]

butterfly
03-May-09, 01:27
Mibbe she thinks ticklin is too good for him! ;) [lol]

Maybe she should take more time in reading the threads right Wifie!

EDDIE
03-May-09, 06:28

you shouldnt worry about what others think i stopped thinking that way a long time ago just do what u want to do

joxville
03-May-09, 10:18
I'm 42 and have long hair, i've had it as short as a fella's in the past too, but my neck got too cold, so long all the way for me (though short at the front so it doesn't dangle in my dinner lol). it's my hair, i don't care if people think i am 'mutton dressed as lamb' - but i'm wierd anyway lol
You're not weird, you're just.......................different. ;)

joxville
03-May-09, 10:21
The only flowing locks I see these days are on the Kennet and Avon canal. :roll: