PDA

View Full Version : Self inflicted pain ?

Iffy
30-Apr-09, 20:12
I just shut my finger in the window whilst trying to close it !!:eek: - my excuse is that it was quite windy at the time !!!

It now has a bonny bruise on it, about half way down the nail -BIG OOOOOWWWWWW !!!!

Does anyone else do silly things like this to themselves ?

Invisible
30-Apr-09, 20:18
Was cutting my toe nails and the scissors snipped of a chunk of skin. I was in pain!

lister
30-Apr-09, 20:21
Oh yes ,the other day i got out of the car and stood up too quick and just caught the back o ma head on the roof/door rubber .one minute i was casually thinking what to get from tesco's the next i'm looking straight up in the air and a sharp pain running down my neck staggering dizzy and sore across the full carpark i must ha been a sight to others .:confused

skinnydog
30-Apr-09, 20:28
I too have walloped my head off the car door when coming out of it and tonight I picked up a pan lid that had been on top of the hob and presumed it was cold but it had been beside the gas flame so I have given myself a nice burn just beside my thumb!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-Apr-09, 20:34
My worst experience of self inflicted pain.Was having a Jack Russell attached to my bottom lip.Running around the living room,with the pup still attached.He decided to let go.Went to the bog saw my face in the mirror and decided it was probably best to go to the hospital.
It was self inflicted.Never go near a Jack Russell who is knawing on a bone.Not wise.He never made me lose my handsomeness,but it did make me lose my hair.:lol::lol:

lister
30-Apr-09, 20:40
That does sound painful and unlucky cedric,speaking of unlucky this reminds me of my great uncle alan who once walked under a ladder but nothing happened at the time but over the next 43 years he lost all his teeth...very unlucky there ?;)

Kevin Milkins
30-Apr-09, 22:51
I just shut my finger in the window whilst trying to close it !!:eek: - my excuse is that it was quite windy at the time !!!

It now has a bonny bruise on it, about half way down the nail -BIG OOOOOWWWWWW !!!!

Does anyone else do silly things like this to themselves ?

Thats sounds a bit sore Iffy :eek: has it stopped throbing yet?

I wacked my thumb with an hammer last week and did four laps of the parish doing what must have looked like an indian war dance, it's just not funny.:confused

Gizmo
30-Apr-09, 23:16
Self inflicted pain?...isn't that getting married? :lol:

Vistravi
01-May-09, 03:09
The other day the cats woke me up after only 2 hrs sleep. i got mad at them as i'm a bear with a sore head if i don't get at leats 4 to 6 hrs sleep. I grabbed the spray bottle to spray them with water and mustve ripped the skin ith the handle. Had a huge cut running the whole length of my thumb of gone skin. Ouch it hurt for three days before it healed somewhat. Showeres and hand washing stung terrbily.
Needless to say after that day the cats Taj in particaular hasn't tested me like that since then. The cats were cowering from me. They knew they had made me mad and they were afraid. I'd never hurt them but i had them frightened.

Rie
01-May-09, 18:39
Trapped my own leg in the car door yesterday, you would think i would have the sense to wait until i am out of the car to start closing the door !
The result is a bonny graze and bruise and my calf,
Any one who knows me knows this is one of many silly accidents that often happens to me .:confused

lister
01-May-09, 18:50
Trapped my own leg in the car door yesterday, you would think i would have the sense to wait until i am out of the car to start closing the door !
The result is a bonny graze and bruise and my calf,
Any one who knows me knows this is one of many silly accidents that often happens to me .:confused

That reminds me of a day when i was sitting in the car park again waiting(self inflicted pain ,the oh)and a man managed to close his car door and trap his fingers in it,the worst part as my eyes watered at his misdemeanor was he actually managed to completely close the door and change colour ,though he did open the door however awkwardly with his other hand very quickly and began to look around as if embarrassed,once he caught my eye he then seemed to get the pain message,checked and recounted his fingers and smiled.
Why look embarressed?but you do dont you?

Connor.
01-May-09, 19:30
I recently flew with flybe, their planes aren't too high so there wasn't alot of headroom, i moved to the side of the gangway to allow someone passed and cracked my head off the luggage compartment, only to do the same thing on the other side while trying to sit down.

Not cool :~(

Dadie
01-May-09, 23:48
Im forever bumping, bruising or cutting myself accidently whilst wondering "how did I do that"My medical cabinet contains spray on plaster, tubigrip and arnica because im such a clutz

horseman
02-May-09, 00:49
I mind many years ago laying under a car doing some welding on the chassis,an a hot bit came off an went down the neck of my shirt!!!
Banged the back of my head on the ground bounced up an caught forehead on chassis-back to the ground again an back to the chassis---I'd a been there for ages if my mate had'ne pulled me out by the ankles.
Thing is I was starting to enjoy it;)
Another time I was doing some overhead arc welding an a hot bit went right down front of my shirt---burns all the way down to stop at the belt line sucking belly in to get away from the pain-an hot bit continues down ow ow ow ;) Any welder will tell you about that one!Wife sees burn marks in shreddies an says -you have been at it again. More ha again.