PDA

View Full Version : Alan Sugar

neepnipper
30-Apr-09, 17:09
My friends OH saw Sir Alan parked up in Latheron early this morning, he was having a ciggie outside his car, reg no was AS1, anyone else see him or know why he's up this way? She said it was defintely him!

joxville
30-Apr-09, 17:12
Alan Sugar has a Rolls Royce with the number plate AMS 1. Was that it?

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1070/78337284.jpg

rumpelstiltskin
30-Apr-09, 17:16
AS1 would be Alec Grant in his Bentley i think.

neepnipper
30-Apr-09, 17:18
Who is Alec Grant and does he look like Alan Sugar?:roll:

Stroma
30-Apr-09, 17:19
Did not think Angus Sinclair looked like Alan Sugar.BTW i think he owns number plates AS1 to AS6

rumpelstiltskin
30-Apr-09, 17:23
He owned Norfrost before it went bust.

neepnipper
30-Apr-09, 17:25
....and who is Angus Sinclair?

scorrie
30-Apr-09, 17:32
According to Motortorque.com:-

"This car, along with it’s personalised AMS1 number plate, is featured highly throughout the BBC2 series. It may come as a surprise to find that rather than a recent, expensive purchase, the famous numberplate was just a bit of fun he had on his mini-van about 40 years ago, although he does admit he has forked out since so that his wife can drive with the moniker AS-1."

webmannie
30-Apr-09, 17:57
....and who is Angus Sinclair?

Two extracts from online sources

Orcades Viking III sold
http://www.orcadian.co.uk/archive/2003/orcadesviking.jpgThe Orcades Viking III moored in StromnessOrkney’s largest fishing vessel and one of the biggest in the UK fleet, Orcades Viking III, has been sold to an Icelandic company.
The 75-metre boat was due to sail from her home port of Stromness for the last time today.
The £9 million vessel, owned by Angus Sinclair, first arrived in Stromness in October 1991.

Sandi Thom's career was launched when she was spotted in Glasgow by an Orkney-based "multi-millionaire who had recently sold his fishing business and was looking to set up a label". This was to be Viking Legacy. Companies House identifies the owner of Legacy as Scottish shipping magnate Angus Sinclair. He reportedly signed Thom on the spot.

AS1 is on Angus Sinclairs Bentley

Venture
30-Apr-09, 18:05
I might be wrong here, but I don't think Alan Sugar smokes.

Scunner
30-Apr-09, 19:15
Did it have a surfboard on the roofrack - bet its the surfing he is in the north for.

telfordstar
30-Apr-09, 22:56
My friends OH saw Sir Alan parked up in Latheron early this morning, he was having a ciggie outside his car, reg no was AS1, anyone else see him or know why he's up this way? She said it was defintely him!

seriously!!!!!

wifie
30-Apr-09, 23:02
Did it have a surfboard on the roofrack - bet its the surfing he is in the north for.

Nah I think he had a hankering for a Johnston's pie! [lol]

Moira
30-Apr-09, 23:06

Do they allow three people on the surfboard?

Nick on the front for direction, Sugar Puff in the middle and Margaret on the back for ballast. Or the other way round, all depending on the strength of the surf?

Kevin Milkins
30-Apr-09, 23:25
I was having a glass of wine with Sir Alan the other day (OK Yar) and he told me he gave up smoking when they reached five pounds a packet.;)

Fran
01-May-09, 00:08
Wasn't reg no AS1 the number used by the late alistair Sutherland of the Rosebank hotel?

There was a huge air baloon over Inverness today, near the Kessock Bridge. Did any of you see it?

joxville
01-May-09, 05:48
Wasn't reg no AS1 the number used by the late alistair Sutherland of the Rosebank hotel?

There was a huge air baloon over Inverness today, near the Kessock Bridge. Did any of you see it?

Not from where I live! Is it related to Alan Sugar?

hotrod4
01-May-09, 06:49
Do they allow three people on the surfboard?

Nick on the front for direction, Sugar Puff in the middle and Margaret on the back for ballast. Or the other way round, all depending on the strength of the surf?
Ive just got a rather horrible picture in my head with a horribly cheesy 70's soundtrack!!!;)
Make it go away!![lol]

sevenfortyseven
01-May-09, 11:31
i hope he's coming up - i blame him for my rubbish amstrad sky box.