PDA

View Full Version : Bread Making

kwbrown111
30-Apr-09, 12:47
Any one know where to get bran for bread making?

ashaw1
30-Apr-09, 12:50
The wholefoods section in Tesco do it. Next to the gluten free products.

neepnipper
30-Apr-09, 17:11
You can buy it in the health food shop in Thurso, can't remember the name of the shop, can anyone remind me?

kwbrown111
30-Apr-09, 18:32
Thanks for that ashaw1 & neenipper. much appreciated

lister
30-Apr-09, 18:35
This has got me thinking cos i've tried homemade bread (a kind lady made it for me)and found it delicious and good for you she also has nearly convinced me to buy a breadmaking machine and try it.
I find the supermarket bread is doughy,riddled with additives and not tasty enough,not to mention expensive.

balto
30-Apr-09, 18:43
nothing nicer than the smell of fresh bread, but wouldnt know where to start when baking it lol.

lister
30-Apr-09, 18:46
nothing nicer than the smell of fresh bread, but wouldnt know where to start when baking it lol.
Me neither lol but am told its easy...ha ahv'e heard at before.

chaz
30-Apr-09, 18:46

Breadmakers are good my friend hates baking but with the breadmaker you just throw it in and push a button or so lol

I got bran in Tescos and also on line x

lister
30-Apr-09, 18:55
Dont think there that expensive either so will save up an gie it a go...gota be better than sore guts and expensive bread..:)

teenybash
30-Apr-09, 23:42
I love home made bread but, my oh doesn't....more fool him as it is delicious...............Bought a small cheap breadmaker on Ebay a while back that makes just the right sized loaf for one person........would recommend.:)