PDA

View Full Version : This is news to me,or did you already know?

highlander
30-Apr-09, 11:11
Reading an article in the press and journal this week, it seems that two years ago it became law that you had to register your septic tank. The watchdog is waiving the registration fee until end of may in an effort to locate the remaining septic tank owners.
Registration normally has a one off fee of £103 or £76 for an online application, sepa's director of enviromental proctection and improvement said; registration is a one off task and there are no future fees to be paid. As long as you look after your tank you may never have to hear from us again. I have given this link for anyone who is interested.

http://www.sepa.org.uk/about_us/news/reminder_to_septic_tank_and_sm.aspx

Shabbychic
30-Apr-09, 16:57
Thanks for that. I didn't know anything about it. I better do it soon and save on fees.:)

Humerous Vegetable
30-Apr-09, 16:59
I also saw this in the P&J and didn't know anything about it. I certainly don't remember any publicity 2 years ago. We have now registered ours, while it won't cost anything - although why we should pay over £100 to inform a govt agency about our own property, God only knows. We weren't very impressed at being asked to "clype" on neighbours whose septic tanks drain into the same system, so ignored that part of the form.