PDA

View Full Version : Website of the Month - Caithness.org!

Rural Gateway Editor
03-Mar-06, 12:31
Caithness.org, a site we think never ceases to inform and entertain, is the Rural Community Gateway's Website of the Month for March.

Congratulations from the Rural Gateway team
www.ruralgateway.org.uk

DrSzin
03-Mar-06, 12:55
Congrats to all! Should that extend to we posters? ;)

The headline on the Rural Gateway front page is:

Website Of The Month
Caithness.org (http://www.caithness.org/): home of the Orgers

The word "Orger" is spreading. Who introduced it? A quick search of the forums led to Saveman's thread (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=5970&highlight=orger). Is there any earlier usage?

Niall Fernie
03-Mar-06, 13:04
Many thanks to the Rural Gateway for the award. Its always a little sweeter when another website gives us such recognition.

DrSzin, you are correct, Caithness.Org would certainly be nothing without the Orgers :) You all read it and a lot of you submit information and photographs, apart from the massive amount you all contribute in our forums. So all the Orgers should turn to the Orger on their left and give them a pat on the back ;)

Geo
03-Mar-06, 13:07
So all the Orgers should turn to the Orger on their left and give them a pat on the back ;)

What if it's an Ogre on your left? ;)

Niall Fernie
03-Mar-06, 13:11
Give the ogre a pat anyway and say its from the nice people who visit caithness.org :)

Geo
03-Mar-06, 13:13
hehe Ogres have feelings too. :)

Congratulations to everyone btw.

unicorn
03-Mar-06, 13:13
Well done everyone !!!! see if we try hard enough we CAN put Caithness back on the map :)

JAWS
03-Mar-06, 13:28
Now there's a surprise, there's not a cynical thing I can say. :Razz

Well done Bill, Colin and Naill for running the site and filling it with useful information.

Not forgetting all the Orgers who fill the Board with all sorts of interesting topics creating much discussion, help and information.

canuck
03-Mar-06, 14:38
Caithness.org, a site we think never ceases to inform and entertain, is the Rural Community Gateway's Website of the Month for March.

Congratulations from the Rural Gateway team
www.ruralgateway.org.uk

Many of us have been thinking this for years. It is great to see it in print. Congratulations to Bill, Colin and Niall. Thanks for all of your hard work and attention to the details of keeping this ever growing community under some form of control.

This week marks the second anniversary of my connection with Caithness.org. The first pics I saw on the news board were of the Mother's Day march concerning the maternity ward at the hospital. I can still see them. That was my introduction to Wick and Caithness. Later, it was an honour to become a member of NAG and to protest in Inverness that glorious August morning. Thanks for the wonderful memories.

Funky_Foal
03-Mar-06, 21:46
Well done people !!:D

Tugmistress
03-Mar-06, 22:56
Nice one everyone :)
makes me proud to be a part of a great community (even though i'm an incomer ;) )

Saveman
03-Mar-06, 23:03
Congrats Niall, Colin and Bill.....excellent work!

And congrats to all you crazy orgers all over the world! :)

JimH
03-Mar-06, 23:17
Well done all you orgres - ;)

Sporran
04-Mar-06, 00:13
Yaaay!!! Well done, Bill, Colin and Niall! :D

And a pat on the back to all my fellow Orgers, from around the Globe! :cool:

Fran
04-Mar-06, 00:17
congratulations to bill, colin and Neil, well deserved, and well done to everyone, it IS a great site. I enjoy many happy hours on here and feel everyone are my friends, though i dont know them!!!

Saveman
04-Mar-06, 00:21
Congrats to all! Should that extend to we posters? ;)

The headline on the Rural Gateway front page is:

Website Of The Month
Caithness.org (http://www.caithness.org/): home of the Orgers

The word "Orger" is spreading. Who introduced it? A quick search of the forums led to Saveman's thread (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=5970&highlight=orger). Is there any earlier usage?

Probably not. Anyone who wants to send me money out of their heartfelt appreciation for the coining of this phrase, just PM me for my address.
;)
Support your local superhero.

:lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-Mar-06, 00:25
congratulations to bill, colin and Neil, well deserved, and well done to everyone, it IS a great site. I enjoy many happy hours on here and feel everyone are my friends, though i dont know them!!!

Well done Bill,Colin and Niall.All your good work has been rewarded.Agree wi Fran,that its all pals together.The funniest thing though,with these forums is that it might seem like strangers blethering to one another.But ye never know,some orgers might ken one another,but who knows maybe we see each other everyday,maybe we HAVE met.:lol:

dirdyweeker
04-Mar-06, 00:58
congratulations to all concerned. I learn more from this site than I do from our local papers. Full of news, chat and fun. Good photos and always up to date. Never go online without checking it out.
Keep posting all you 'orgers'.

Rheghead
04-Mar-06, 01:12
Probably not. Anyone who wants to send me money out of their heartfelt appreciation for the coining of this phrase, just PM me for my address.
;)
Support your local superhero.

Actually I believe the term 'orger' was coined in one of my threads to get an orger's get together in Wick.:o)

Please send royalty donations to...

Saveman
04-Mar-06, 01:16
Actually I believe the term 'orger' was coined in one of my threads to get an orger's get together in Wick.:o)

Please send royalty donations to...

DOH!

Kenn
04-Mar-06, 01:37
To Bill, Nial and Colin..may I once again send my congratulations for the amazing website.but ORGERS? I have a problem with that ! It would start a free for all at the local where I originate from!
Long may Caithness Org. spread the word about this corner of these islands that is so special but please not too much as that would spoil the peace and tranquility that I love and which makes it "God's own county".

Saveman
04-Mar-06, 01:40
To Bill, Nial and Colin..may I once again send my congratulations for the amazing website.but ORGERS? I have a problem with that ! It would start a free for all at the local where I originate from!
<snip>

Blame Rheghead....it's all his fault! :p

golach
04-Mar-06, 02:53
I am proud till be an Orger, even more proud till be a Kaitness Orger

canuck
04-Mar-06, 03:09
I am proud till be an Orger, even more proud till be a Kaitness Orger

I think "Caithness Orger" is redundant. Orgers is a uniquely caithness.org expression. Now, the first person to the patent office (or the UK equivalent) could stand to make a fortune. Gooooooooooo saveman.

Saveman
04-Mar-06, 14:02
"Hello, I'd like to register one of my inventions."

"Certainly sir, please just fill out this form, what is your invention?"

"It's the word Orgers"

"Ogres?"

"No Orgers"

"And what does an orger do sir?"

"It, I mean he or she posts messages on a forum."

"Posts messages? Is that like some sort of automatic message relay system?"

"No it's a person."

"I'm sorry?"

"An Orger is a person."

"You invented a person?"

"No I invented the name for a person, well Rheghead might have, but I got here first."

"Rheg what?"

"Emm....nevermind, I just want to register the word."

"The word?"

"Yes the word Orgers."

"I invented a word once it went a bit like this......CLEAROFFANDSTOPWASTINGMYTIME!!"

"Did you register it?"

"What??!!"

"I'll get my coat...."