PDA

View Full Version : No TV make shelley go something something!

ShelleyCowie
30-Apr-09, 09:40
Ok so this morning i came down quite happy (as happy as you can be for early morning) and there was a note infront of my computer from my OH. There was me thinkin it was a love note but no, it had on it "The TV is not working, tried changing the fuse but still nothing"

Well i near flipped a fuse myself! My TV is not working! I was so looking forward to watching all the programs i have recorded over the last few days!

So that brings me to my question, do the hydro, colin chessor or alacam deliver tv's if i go down and buy one? Cos i will need one today if i can!

Cana do withoot ma tv! :~(

laguna2
30-Apr-09, 09:41
Oh poor Shelley - real withdrawal symptoms! But look at it this way - it could have been worse .. the computer might have packed in too!!!!

balto
30-Apr-09, 09:54
Ok so this morning i came down quite happy (as happy as you can be for early morning) and there was a note infront of my computer from my OH. There was me thinkin it was a love note but no, it had on it "The TV is not working, tried changing the fuse but still nothing"

Well i near flipped a fuse myself! My TV is not working! I was so looking forward to watching all the programs i have recorded over the last few days!

So that brings me to my question, do the hydro, colin chessor or alacam deliver tv's if i go down and buy one? Cos i will need one today if i can!

Cana do withoot ma tv! :~(the hydro wont deliver for about a week lol and they will charge you a small fortune. not sure about the other 2 as they are local would have thought they would have delivered it today.

toodiemac
30-Apr-09, 10:09
Not sure about TV's, but I bought a tumble drier from Alacam and it was delivered within an hour! Brilliant service. :)

sweetpea
30-Apr-09, 10:52
Oh Shelley I know how you feel. I had a half day off work the other day so I bought myself a big cream bun and decided to go home and put my feet up with day time tv. Got home to power cut! The air was blue.. It didn't come back on until 4.30.:roll:
I'm not sure about Chessor's they are always busy but try Begg's. If you can wait maybe Argos?

ShelleyCowie
30-Apr-09, 11:42
Well i went toddling (running) down to alacam and they only had 42" tv's for about £900. I cant afford that! :eek:

So went to the hydro and yes they cost an arm and a leg for delivery but i got a 37" for £499.

Then i had to hop up the road pushing the pram with 1 arm since i traded an arm and a leg for delivery! Not easy!

But they are delivering it today! So happy all around.

Now maybe its time for me to eat something! :eek: And a brew! Phew!

sweetpea
30-Apr-09, 11:59
My your a quick worker. Well done. :)

ShelleyCowie
30-Apr-09, 12:15
My your a quick worker. Well done. :)

Thanks!

There is still the task of lifting the old tv out on my own. A 37" CRT is not light! But i can do it. Lifted it when i was pregnant so it should be easier now! lol!

Gonna miss the old girl though! She is so cold...still keep checking for a pulse but nothing! :~(

Lunch first then back to the hard graft!

joxville
30-Apr-09, 17:44
Why not get the old tv fixed, cheaper than forking out 500 smackers?

Btw, what the heck are you doing lifting that big telly, you could have done yourself an injury!!!!!

Venture
30-Apr-09, 17:51
I agree with you there Jox. Shelley it might have been something simple wrong with it. It certainly wouldn't have cost you £500 to fix it.:lol:

Kodiak
30-Apr-09, 18:24
I would love to have the 500 Quid to spend in the first place, SHEESH I have not seen that amount of money for many, many years. :~(

lister
30-Apr-09, 19:23
I know its a bit off the thread but i for 1 would gladly have the BBC taken off the t.v. and not pay the licience fee .

tiggertoo
30-Apr-09, 19:44
I know its a bit off the thread but i for 1 would gladly have the BBC taken off the t.v. and not pay the licience fee .

just dont pay your tv licence i've not for years and i found out that my tv just works the same, i hardly watch tv and its never on bbc when i do so why should i pay for something i dont want, i have tesco carrier bags in my house but doesn't mean i shop at tesco if everyone in the country didnt pay it they would soon think again :lol:

lister
30-Apr-09, 19:48
just dont pay your tv licence i've not for years and i found out that my tv just works the same, i hardly watch tv and its never on bbc when i do so why should i pay for something i dont want, i have tesco carrier bags in my house but doesn't mean i shop at tesco if everyone in the country didnt pay it they would soon think again :lol:
Maybe your right but knowing ma luck ah would be caught with one o thae spyin high tech vans wi the men in white coats an rubber hammers and have a fine till contend wi too.

ShelleyCowie
30-Apr-09, 19:58
We needed a new tv anyway. It was slowly dying. And im quite happy with the new one. :D This will last a few years at least!

And im a strong lass! I can lift it on my own. :Razz And i did!

Kodiak
30-Apr-09, 20:09

It does not matter if you watch BBC or not. If you have equipment that can receive a Television Signal then you are required by LAW to buy a Television Licence. If you do not it is a Criminal Offence.

Please note that if you watch LIVE TV on your Computer and have no other equipment that receives a Television Signal, then you still need to buy a Television Licence, this is because you are watching Live TV on your Computer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5081350.stm

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-Apr-09, 20:17
We needed a new tv anyway. It was slowly dying. And im quite happy with the new one. :D This will last a few years at least!

And im a strong lass! I can lift it on my own. :Razz And i did!

Good to here ye got yer telly.At least yer training on expert Rock Band for ye and yer OH can be continued.[lol]

ShelleyCowie
30-Apr-09, 20:32
:eek: Do i know u Cedric...my brain is churning!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-Apr-09, 20:42
:eek: Do i know u Cedric...my brain is churning!

Let your brain churn no more.House warming three weeks ago.Ye passed by me and said,"I never realised ye were so tall."We know each other just not in the org world.:lol::lol:

ShelleyCowie
30-Apr-09, 22:28
Let your brain churn no more.House warming three weeks ago.Ye passed by me and said,"I never realised ye were so tall."We know each other just not in the org world.:lol::lol:

Ah never! Its when u said about my OH playin Rockband on expert all i thot was the hoose warming!

Well i know u on the org now! ;)

The Angel Of Death
01-May-09, 12:28
Aye you and the other half put the fast in fastest fingers first ala rock band If your lucky you might both get an audition for "the Band" if it ever gets reformed

ShelleyCowie
01-May-09, 12:45
Aye you and the other half put the fast in fastest fingers first ala rock band If your lucky you might both get an audition for "the Band" if it ever gets reformed

We already have a band! We play on expert remember so it u lot that need to get to our standards! Then we may consider starting auditions! ;)

The Angel Of Death
01-May-09, 12:50
Ohhh harsh but fair mind our band only play when there is to much drink involved and that's never going to work on expert

Vistravi
01-May-09, 14:38
I don't even watch tv Shelley:lol:

Only use the tv for the xbox and the wii and thats it. Computer for everything else ;)

The Angel Of Death
01-May-09, 14:42
More or less the same other than sky news on all the time i could do without i just download what i want to watch and best of all no adverts in it either

ShelleyCowie
01-May-09, 21:03
Just to add to my telly breaking....tonight as i was boiling the kettle to make some gravy for my bangers and mash, the kettle broke! :mad: all happens at once doesn't it!

Nothin else better break! :roll: Cos the OH only likes the 'good' kettles. In other-words the ones that light up! Our last one was a morphy richards one that lit up blue!

sweetpea
01-May-09, 22:07
Jeepers your cursed haha. Always the way in't it. I've got a kettle that goes from blue to pink. :) I fancy a whistling one though.

balto
01-May-09, 22:28
Just to add to my telly breaking....tonight as i was boiling the kettle to make some gravy for my bangers and mash, the kettle broke! :mad: all happens at once doesn't it!

Nothin else better break! :roll: Cos the OH only likes the 'good' kettles. In other-words the ones that light up! Our last one was a morphy richards one that lit up blue!
oh whats next shelley as they say it comes in three lol.[lol]

The Angel Of Death
01-May-09, 22:33
My money is on the toaster giving up next due to "someones" 54 slice a day habit

ShelleyCowie
01-May-09, 22:46
Dont go jinxin ma toaster! :eek: I like my toaster! It just made me toast!

Nothin else better break!

balto
01-May-09, 22:47
reckon we should start a book shelley lol. winner takes all.

ShelleyCowie
01-May-09, 22:49

Aw naw! That really will jinx me! :( As long as its no the fridge cos it started makin funny noises eday!

Mr P Cannop
01-May-09, 23:01

and shelly breaks the org

Rheghead
02-May-09, 01:26
Cana do withoot ma tv! :~(

You're probably to young to remember this but,

Why don't you just switch off you television set and go and do something less boring.

:lol:

ShelleyCowie
02-May-09, 13:20
You're probably to young to remember this but,

Why don't you just switch off you television set and go and do something less boring.

:lol:

Switch off the tele! And miss one of my favourite programs! never :lol:

Had 7 episodes of One Tree Hill to catch up on! ;)

Rheghead
02-May-09, 13:23
Had 7 episodes of One Tree Hill to catch up on! ;)

Never heard of it before!:lol: