PDA

View Full Version : Loggin in

porshiepoo
29-Apr-09, 10:30
I have windows xp and it's suddenly stopped automatically logging me in on web sites. What have I done?
Everytime I use the Org, yahoo etc I'm having to enter login details despite asking them to log me automatically.
I use Mozilla Firefox.

Connor.
29-Apr-09, 15:12
Have you changed any internet settings recently?

This could also happen if you are clearing all private data(Mozilla Firefox: Tools>Clear Private Data) as it takes away the cookies that will provide the login info automatically.

porshiepoo
30-Apr-09, 09:09
Have you changed any internet settings recently?

This could also happen if you are clearing all private data(Mozilla Firefox: Tools>Clear Private Data) as it takes away the cookies that will provide the login info automatically.

Oops, yep. think I may have.
What do I do?
Everytime I log in to places I'm asking it to save me but it's not doing.

Connor.
30-Apr-09, 15:50
Go to Tools>Options then click on the privacy tab. At the bottom of that window make sure "Always clear my private data when I close firefox".

Click on the security tab after you have applied those settings and then make sure "Remember passwords for sites" is checked. Apply setting again.

That should be it.

Good Luck :)

bothyman
02-May-09, 09:30
I have the same problem it started about a week ago .
I've tried everything I can think of but I cannot stay logged in, once I leave a forum I have to log in again.
It stores the Username and Password in Autocomplete for some, but not for others, but the "Remember me" does not work like it should.
I have tried the suggestions but it's still not working as it did ??
It's the same on Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Niall Fernie
02-May-09, 12:28
The login information is stored on your PC in a cookie.

You will probably have to make sure that cookies are allowed from the forum(s) you are using, in our case http://forum.caithness.org

If you have all cookies blocked or you have your browser set to remove all cookies at shutdown then login information will be lost.

In firefox you can allow cookies to remain until they expire. IIRC the one from our forum lasts for 30 days but is reset everytime you visit (providing you get logged in) With Internet Explorer, the default settings should work fine although if you have tweak the settings you may have to add the forum site to your allowed cookies list. (off the top of my head I cannot remember how this is done but I'm pretty sure one of the tech support forum regulars will help on that one.)