PDA

View Full Version : dog breath!

shazzy
29-Apr-09, 09:56
I had the pleasure of having my 14 year old spaniel pant right in my face at 7am this morning,lovely!! We should bottle dog breath and use it as chemical warfare!!!:lol:

Dadie
29-Apr-09, 10:02
along with labrador farts!
Hubby gave Poppy dog the left over cabbage:eek:
She cleared the room ....

labsrus
29-Apr-09, 11:36
Sadly dog breath is accepted as normal these days but it is certainly not natural. If dogs are fed a natural diet appropriate for the species the diet will clean the teeth quite adequately.

I changed my dogs to a raw diet consisting of raw meat, bones and organs 4 years ago and am pleased to report they no longer have any dog breath at all! They all had dirty brown teeth which were sparkling white within 2 weeks on the diet.

I have one dog nearly 11, 2 x 10 year olds a 8 year old a 6 year old and one nearly 2. All have sparkling pearly whites which people comment on, even vets are surprised because nowadays shockingly 85 % of dogs have teeth and gum problems by 3 years of age.

Great for the pet food manufacturers who convince us we need to buy pedigree dentastix, special kibble with crunchy bits for teeth cleaning and other such rubbish, would you be daft enough to think eating a few gingernuts a day will keep your teeth clean?!

Even if people dont want to feed a totally raw diet then feeding bones a couple of times a week will keep the teeth clean with no need for doggy tooth brushes or dentals at the vet. Ripping tendons and meat off a bone is the perfect way for dogs to floss and boy do they enjoy it!

GruesomeTwosome
29-Apr-09, 12:51
I had the pleasure of having my 14 year old spaniel pant right in my face at 7am this morning,lovely!! We should bottle dog breath and use it as chemical warfare!!!:lol:

My boy is the same, could knock you out sometimes :eek: I think it is part of their charm though.