PDA

View Full Version : And this is a mother.

balto
28-Apr-09, 22:24
read this story tonight at work and i was sickend and totally disgusted. heres the link.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2399352.ece

ShelleyCowie
28-Apr-09, 22:36
That is just revolting! They are 8 months old. That is abuse feeding them that when they are so young! Its probably harder work that she has to chew the food for them then feed them it!

Im sure making some fruit would not go a miss! :mad:

horseman
28-Apr-09, 22:39
Being as this piece of junk has come fresh from the Sun-- I would tend to rate it rather as sensationalism,'methinks there is more than a small piece of attention grabbing here. Surely the lasses progress would still be monitored by the stasi'-social services? I don't know-maby' not but I will not put a great deal of faith in the headline grabbing article.

brandy
28-Apr-09, 22:44
she sounds more ignorant and not caring than anything. also seems very proud of the fact.
dont get me wrong my kids eat pizza, chips, take away, processed food. and sweets but they are 6 and 4 years old.
also try to balance it out with fruit and veg and home cooked meals.
as infants they never ever ate jumk!
even though i was a wild un.. and started feeding sam and ben baby rice heavily watered down with formula at about 3 mnths.. (hides from the HV)
by 4- 6 mnths they were eating normal food, albeit turned into baby goo... by my blender.. not by chewing it up myself.. i am not a bird to regurgitate food!
and at 8mnths they were eating normal everyday food... well playing wit it eating it throwing it... all the same thing!
i remember ... one of bens fav. foods was shepards pie.
sam has always been a spagetti man
if it meat ben will eat it...
and sam loves fruits.. we fight over strawberries in this house!
i try and keep the salt content down... just add it when im cooking.. and they dont get any extra... but its all up in the air.. some days they eat really good and others.. well... there not going to starve at any rate!

Alice in Blunderland
28-Apr-09, 23:06
dont get me wrong my kids eat pizza, chips, take away, processed food. and sweets but they are 6 and 4 years old.
also try to balance it out with fruit and veg and home cooked meals.
as infants they never ever ate jumk!
even though i was a wild un.. and started feeding sam and ben baby rice heavily watered down with formula at about 3 mnths.. (hides from the HV)
by 4- 6 mnths they were eating normal food, albeit turned into baby goo... by my blender.. not by chewing it up myself.. i am not a bird to regurgitate food!
and at 8mnths they were eating normal everyday food... well playing wit it eating it throwing it... all the same thing!
i remember ... one of bens fav. foods was shepards pie.
sam has always been a spagetti man
if it meat ben will eat it...
and sam loves fruits.. we fight over strawberries in this house!
i try and keep the salt content down... just add it when im cooking.. and they dont get any extra... but its all up in the air.. some days they eat really good and others.. well... there not going to starve at any rate!

Sounds about right to me. :) I have to admit my kids diet is somewhat similar instead of spaghetti man I would have to say beans.

To be honest this read as though she is a penny short of a pound. :eek:

balto
28-Apr-09, 23:07
my kids dont like chips and the such really they much prefer mince and tatties, stews and homemade soup, but the odd time they will have a pizza(especially if its saturday night and dads cooking lol). this woman is just vile, what sort of life are these babies going to have if this is how she is when they are only 8 months old, but my god the worst thing here is she only gets them dressed once a week and that is so she can go and get her dole money(not sure if that part is in the link i read the full story in the paper), ooohhh this is making me mad, surly it would be more cost effective for someone on the dole to make bulk meals instead of wating it on junk food, but wait that would take a bit of effort on her part to cook.

Think she should get of her lazy behind and act like a mother, before its to late for these poor babies.[evil][evil][evil]

squidge
28-Apr-09, 23:14
What is this article actually saying?????

If 65% of mothers never cook a home cooked meal why has the sun picked on this particular woman? This wifie probably needs cookery lessons and budgeting lessons to show her how to eat well on a budget and how to cook nice nutritious food but actually this article doesnt say she feeds them solely on takeaways and macdonalds although it implies that. The woman actually says "They’re on the baby food jars and love the fish pie and cottage pie meals. But I see no harm in letting them have a few bits of my takeaways too" What is wrong with giving a baby a chip or a bit of fish or a bit of chicken nugget or a bit of a scone or cream cake that you re having from the cafe? If she was having a ceasar salad we would be up in arms about her giving them a bit of chicken or a crouton to chew on? what about if she was meeting friends for coffee in starbucks whould we think she was wicked for giving her wee one the crust off a panini or a bit of their chocolate decadence cake?:roll: ( my 18 month old LOVES that)

When i had my eldest boys the guidelines were weaning at 12lbs or 12 weeks whichever came first. As a consequence both my eldest boys were perfectly able to chew a chip, especially a skinny macdonalds chip by the time they were 8 months old. Bread, eggs beans and spaghetti were all regular parts of their diet in addition to nice and tasty homecooked meals which i learned how to cook from my mum and from school. They also sometimes had food from jars.And sinful woman i am if we had fish and chips - they got a chip, if we had ice cream, they got a taste, if we had french bread they got some and it came with butter too!!!! Pretty much if it was on my plate and they were awakes tillt hey got a taste. A friend of mine works with low income families many of whom dont know how to cook good food cheaply. This is simply an example of that.

And anyone who is muttering about her being too busy should try having triplets. Never mind having triplets on her own. She might not be very attractive or very bright or very good int he kitchen but she isnt the devil incarnate.

balto
28-Apr-09, 23:19
What is this article actually saying?????

If 65% of mothers never cook a home cooked meal why has the sun picked on this particular woman? This wifie probably needs cookery lessons and budgeting lessons to show her how to eat well on a budget and how to cook nice nutritious food but actually this article doesnt say she feeds them solely on takeaways and macdonalds although it implies that. The woman actually says "They’re on the baby food jars and love the fish pie and cottage pie meals. But I see no harm in letting them have a few bits of my takeaways too" What is wrong with giving a baby a chip or a bit of fish or a bit of chicken nugget or a bit of a scone or cream cake that you re having from the cafe? If she was having a ceasar salad we would be up in arms about her giving them a bit of chicken or a crouton to chew on? what about if she was meeting friends for coffee in starbucks whould we think she was wicked for giving her wee one the crust off a panini or a bit of their chocolate decadence cake?:roll: ( my 18 month old LOVES that)

When i had my eldest boys the guidelines were weaning at 12lbs or 12 weeks whichever came first. As a consequence both my eldest boys were perfectly able to chew a chip, especially a skinny macdonalds chip by the time they were 8 months old. Bread, eggs beans and spaghetti were all regular parts of their diet in addition to nice and tasty homecooked meals which i learned how to cook from my mum and from school. They also sometimes had food from jars.And sinful woman i am if we had fish and chips - they got a chip, if we had ice cream, they got a taste, if we had french bread they got some and it came with butter too!!!! A friend of mine works with low income families many of whom dont know how to cook good food cheaply. This is simply an example of that.

And anyone who is muttering about her being too busy should try having triplets. Never mind having triplets on her own. She might not be very attractive or very bright or very good int he kitchen but she isnt the devil incarnate.
mayby on the odd time a older child can have it but giving it to a 8 month old baby is disgusting, the guideline reckon you dont try a baby on solids unto they are 6 months old.

a cookery leason, more like a reality check.

balto
28-Apr-09, 23:22
Oops, sorry Balto.:eek:

I was reading your thread and then posted somthing totaly irellavent which should have been a new thread.

I am sure the mods can move it ,please:(
thought you were being random lol.[lol]

sjr014
28-Apr-09, 23:29
[QUOTE=balto;540899]mayby on the odd time a older child can have it but giving it to a 8 month old baby is disgusting, the guideline reckon you dont try a baby on solids unto they are 6 months old.

Yes that may be the guideline but all children like adults are different and just because a book or government reccomends that you wean at 6months does not make it a reality! How many mums weaned before then? Loads im sure! I started at 3months because my child is an individual and couldnt of waited another 3 months!

Not that i am for feeding my child takeaways but yeah on occasion we will have a chippy tea or she will get a sweety! I reckon this story has been blown out of proportion and is written to imply that she only ever gives them Macdonalds which isnt the case, but because of her weight problem we are quick to assume that!

Vistravi
28-Apr-09, 23:46
That is horrific. That is appauling for a mum to do to her bairns.

She has no idea of how to look after her bairns and has no right to keep them. They're only going to end up obese as children and growing up with such a unhealthy attitude to food while ensure that they will be the same as their mother.
Honestly if she thinks shes that fat due to her thyroid then she's in serious denial.

squidge
28-Apr-09, 23:49
mayby on the odd time a older child can have it but giving it to a 8 month old baby is disgusting, the guideline reckon you dont try a baby on solids unto they are 6 months old.

The guidelines on weaning make me mad. They are issued by the WHO and you are absoutely right Balto they say that a baby should have nothing except breast or formula milk until they are 6 months old. What we have to remember however, is that these are WORLD guidelines. If your child is born in a country where low birth weight prevails, there is high infant mortality and you have little or no access to clean water or food preparation facilities it makes absolute sense to continue feeding your baby milk as long as possible. However, when you have a 9lb 4oz baby how long do you think milk will satisfy them?

Over the last 20 years the weaning guidelines have changed from it being 12 weeks or 12lbs - whichever was the earliest, to 4 months to now being 6 months.After the first change - from 12 weeks to four months i queried the change with my health visitor who very kindly provided me with the research to explain why this change was necessary Along with the change that said you shouldnt offer proper milk to babies at six months but should continue to use breast or formula until 12 months. The research was paid for by the baby milk companies. Forgive me if that made me a little sceptical!!! This last 18 months i have regularly heard tales of crying babies and fraught mums who are struggling because their baby is 16 weeks and started to wake again in the night and cry and is unhappy and they are too scared to try them on baby rice because their health visitor says they have to wait until the baby is 6 months old. Its mad.

Unfortunately babies dont read guidelines and they dont follow the books.

TBH
28-Apr-09, 23:56

a cookery leason, more like a reality check.8 months is older than 6 months so solids would be acceptable at that age?:confused

squidge
29-Apr-09, 00:04
That is horrific. That is appauling for a mum to do to her bairns.

She has no idea of how to look after her bairns and has no right to keep them. They're only going to end up obese as children and growing up with such a unhealthy attitude to food while ensure that they will be the same as their mother.
Honestly if she thinks shes that fat due to her thyroid then she's in serious denial.

Thats a dreadful thing to say!!!!! She may need educating about nutrition and cookery lessons but to say she she has no right to keep them because she admits to giving her kids a chip and makes an excuse for being fat is just shocking.

Crikey we are all so perfect arent we!!!!!!!!!!!!

brandy
29-Apr-09, 06:22
but she did say that she dosent want them to eat healtily.. and steered them away from healthy foods in fear they would become anorexic. shes not alone.. she lives with her mum and brother.
and she alluded to the fact that she wanted them to be big like her..
an occasional mac'D chip or bite is one thing.splitting a kids meal between them once in a while.. thats fine... but as a stable diet.. what nutrition are they getting?
im the oldest of seven, my mom still found time to feed us, and i can tell you it wasnt fast food! hw could you afford it!?
i have two children, one of them is in the process of being accesed for autismn and their is only a year and 4 mnths between them, plus i work and do a million other things... they still get 3 square meals a day. wheter its eaten or destroyed is another story.
on the flip side.. i could almost understand the not dressing bit.. but thats because i kept ben naked most of the time.. in only a nappy as he had horrible exema.. and it was better for him to be a nappy only boy! but i think that this is out of choice more than need.
ahh well could pick it apart forever if we wanted to *G*

_Ju_
29-Apr-09, 06:35
There is only one shocker in this article. Close to the end, where a poll claims that 65% of mothers never cook their children a meal ( A proper meal, not a tin/frozen/pre-prepared). THAT is the shocker. This mother is the result of a family where no one cooked s meal for her as a child, so why should she have learned and done any different?

scorrie
29-Apr-09, 09:11
The guidelines on weaning make me mad. They are issued by the WHO

Too right!! Roger Daltrey kens hee-haw about weaning bairns, and I'm not just talking about my generation here ;)

crayola
29-Apr-09, 09:42
There is only one shocker in this article. Close to the end, where a poll claims that 65% of mothers never cook their children a meal ( A proper meal, not a tin/frozen/pre-prepared). THAT is the shocker. This mother is the result of a family where no one cooked s meal for her as a child, so why should she have learned and done any different?

The relevant extract from The Sun is this.

The Infant and Toddler Forum poll also discovered that 65 per cent of mums NEVER cook meals from scratch. I think this says more about the posters on the Infant and Toddler forum than about mums as a whole.

The article is a good example of tabloid journalism it its worst, it implies one thing while saying another. Why would anyone read the Sun and take it seriously? Is it to make you feel better or superior? Mind you, one could say the same about reading most of the threads on the Org. :lol:

honey
29-Apr-09, 09:44
my eldest son has a terrible diet, wont eat veg, anything with a sauce or gravy, basically anything healthy. And it has not been for the lack of trying on my part. Trips to drs, visits from the health visitor. He is 9 now, and is healthy, but i have no idea why.

my youngest son is the opposite, loves his food. And yes they get treats like McDs now and then, but never at that age, thats shocking, those poor kids.

This woman was on GMTV this morning. didnt hear what she was saying, but she was defending her decisions....

Dadie
29-Apr-09, 09:56
Iona likes spring rolls from the chinese takeaway and will eat kedgeree, curry, crisps, fishfingers and chips.
Iona will be 1 in may.

She had her 1st taste of chocolate at 6 months and a chip at 7months! (big sis gave them to her)
I dont think there is any harm in giving kids "junk food" now and then.
I cook proper homemade meals and usually love cooking most of the time and both girls will happily eat fruit and veg.
I dont put salt in my cooking for the kids at home but when out and about you cannot avoid it!
I do not use jars of babyfood as it tastes "artificial" to proccessed and bland.
The food that is seen as junk is ok if eaten in moderation like all other foods....who would feed a kid just carrots??

Kevin Milkins
29-Apr-09, 10:35
I saw her for the first time this morning on GMTV and Doctor Hilary Jones went to her house in Coventry so that she could give a more balanced opinion of the story.

My first impression of her is that she looked like Vicky Pollard on steroids and it would be better for her to just let the story die a natural death.

Doctor Jones was trying to put a point across to her about feeding her babies food with excessive amounts of salt and sugar added and she actually chipped in with “yer but, no but, yer but, and I almost spat my cornflakes out.

honey
29-Apr-09, 10:50
what i dont get is that buying macdonalds is more expensive than making a decent meal??

Mrs Bucket
29-Apr-09, 10:51
Thats the sort of story you expect from that prticular newspaper

Bazeye
29-Apr-09, 11:08
Too right!! Roger Daltrey kens hee-haw about weaning bairns, and I'm not just talking about my generation here ;)

I was half expecting an orger to p..p...p...put you down for that flippant remark.

Bazeye
29-Apr-09, 11:11
By the look of her kids it looks like another third world "enricher" has been granted a British passport as well, or am I being too cynical here?:confused

squidge
29-Apr-09, 11:23
It just seems like the newspapers are hell bent on making freak shows out of people who actually just seem to be not right bright. Makes me feel uncomfortable.

Just watched the GMTV news and it seems to be like i thought. This whole thing has been painted by the sun as if she is force feeding wotsits to her babies and she isnt. She has lost 11 stone and she is getting help from a dietician and the health visitor. Dr Hilary was actually very supportive and as he pointed out they are healthy, bonnie and happy and she is not a bad mother. This girl has just been taken advantage of if you ask me. Seems to me that the tabloids have cottoned onto the fact that if they put a fat, dim unattractive person in the paper the world queues up to pat them on the back for exposing the evil in our society.

Kevin Milkins
29-Apr-09, 12:21
It just seems like the newspapers are hell bent on making freak shows out of people who actually just seem to be not right bright. Makes me feel uncomfortable.

Just watched the GMTV news and it seems to be like i thought. This whole thing has been painted by the sun as if she is force feeding wotsits to her babies and she isnt. She has lost 11 stone and she is getting help from a dietician and the health visitor. Dr Hilary was actually very supportive and as he pointed out they are healthy, bonnie and happy and she is not a bad mother. This girl has just been taken advantage of if you ask me. Seems to me that the tabloids have cottoned onto the fact that if they put a fat, dim unattractive person in the paper the world queues up to pat them on the back for exposing the evil in our society.

Mmmm..... I didn't think she was that unattractive .:roll:

mums angels
29-Apr-09, 13:38

my daughter who will be one next month got her first takeaway at 8 months ( sausage supper if i recall) and has also had a taste of indian ( she loves the chicken tikka starter ) and as of last weekend had her first trip to burger king and loved it , she gets pizza or something similar maybe once a week .. does that make me a bad mother and her an abused child .. NO does it heck .. she eats really healthy food most of the time. She loves her veg and fruit . she was 6 months when weaned ( well 23 weeks) and went straight from 4 month jars to adult food within a few weeks so eats exactly what we do, takeaways included.. and no she is not over weight.

i agree that to feed a child this regulary is wrong and yes disgusting however i feel that even a young child can have a bit of "junk" here and there even as young as 8 months.

goldilocks
29-Apr-09, 13:55
Thats a dreadful thing to say!!!!! She may need educating about nutrition and cookery lessons but to say she she has no right to keep them because she admits to giving her kids a chip and makes an excuse for being fat is just shocking.

Crikey we are all so perfect arent we!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you there squidge regarding what Vistravi has said, no child should be without their mother.... There are far worse mothers out there I'm sure than this person is just for giving her child chips.....

starry
29-Apr-09, 18:32
Interesting article on this here

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2009/04/29/coventry-mum-leanne-salt-denies-feeding-junk-food-to-triplets-92746-23499758/

The single mum, of Hermes Crescent, Henley Green, said she was shocked to see the national newspaper articles appear this week criticising the way she is looking after her eight-month-old babies.
She said she had been approached by a news agency who told her they wanted to write a story about how much weight she has lost since having the children.

armanisgirl
29-Apr-09, 18:37
I also watched the GMTV report on this. Dr Hilary made a point of asking what kind of help she gets, to which she said she has help from a dietician and health visitor etc. she did not say that the children get takeaways or any other junk food every night, but that when she has any herself, she allows them to have tastes of it. This is not the same as giving them each a whole Happy Meal though. She also said that she gives each child a few wotsits, not a whole bag each.

As usual, that awful 'newspaper' has only highlighted the negative comments, and turned them into the full story. This girl has lost a huge amount of weight, which she surely wouldn't have been able to do had she been eating nothing but junk food herself? It seems she has been 'highlighted' for being honest in saying the children get a taste of junk food, for being (medically) obese, and for appearing to be of lower intelligence than most. However, if I was put on the spot like her, on live TV etc, I probably would also come across as being of low intelligence, just through sheer nerves, and possibly anger at being portrayed in this way. My one criticism would be (if that 'newspaper' is accurately reporting any part of this story!) is that she only takes them out once a week in order to collect her benefits. She certainly wasn't the ugliest person to have ever had their face in a paper or on tv!

When I had my first child (17 years ago!), I too gave him tastes of whatever I was having. His favourite became white pudding smothered in sweet and sour sauce - he now dislikes white pudding! I also used to buy wotsits for him (I can't stand them!), which he adored also. My mother used to give him bits of what he was having, as did my in-laws. My son is now over 6ft, skinny and a sports freak - having junk food throughout his life (not every day!) has done him no harm.

My second child (now 11), has always detested vegetables and fruit, no matter how I disguised them. Even now, I put just over a teaspoon of peas etc on his plate in the hope he'll find he'll actually enjoy them, but no! He has ALWAYS detested them to the point that he can be physically sick! He too had tastes of what I was having, and at one point was such a fussy eater, I asked the health visitor (in tears) what should I do. She said, as long as he is eating SOMETHING he will continue to grow and he'll be healthy, just keep trying him on whatever you're having and he'll eventually take to it. Mostly true, seeing as he still hates veg and fruit! He was a tubby toddler, but this was put down to the vast amounts of milk he drank, he is now a very skinny child yet eats like a pig!

My daughter (now 9) also had everything we were having, though we discovered she really didn't like fries. She'll eat virtually any food group, yet at one point my new health visitor asked if I was feeding her properly as she was very below the recommended weight for her age! (Well thicko, look at her notes, she's ALWAYS been below recommended weight as she was only 5lb when she was born!). She is now at the average weight for her age group.

All children are different, but they all have one thing in common - they should be allowed to taste different flavours and textures, starting from a young age. Nobody is suggesting living on a diet of junk food and nothing else, but without these tasters, the child is likely to grow up being a very picky eater. (My husbands older children were a nightmare to cater for, as they had never been given anything but pizza!). The girl in this story has not said her children eat nothing but junk food (she might well do!) but that they have tastes of what she eats. I do not believe nobody else has done this with their babies!

We would be creating holy hell if she was starving or physically abusing her kids. A young woman from the Manchester area was this week jailed indefinitely for killing her two young children, this evening another young mum was arrested on suspicion of murdering her 4 year old daughter in Merseyside. We don't know why these young women do these things, but in both cases, the children were 'well looked after, well dressed, well fed' etc. The obese woman may not be our 'ideal' parent, but at least she is not murdering her young babies, but appears to love them, and is at least feeding them!

_Ju_
29-Apr-09, 19:33
By the look of her kids it looks like another third world "enricher" has been granted a British passport as well, or am I being too cynical here?:confused

You are confused maybe because the provinciality of Caithness has isolated you from the real word. Maybe you would prefer not believe the ladies children to be British either due to the hue of their skin? Uncalled for and innapropriate comment.

Alice in Blunderland
29-Apr-09, 19:40

................. cynical............nah................. who would think your being cynical.................erm me. Thats just a tad judgemental there would you not say?

butterfly
29-Apr-09, 19:41
[quote=armanisgirl;541280]All are different, but they all have one thing in common - they should be allowed to taste different flavours and textures, starting from a young age. Nobody is suggesting living on a diet of junk food and nothing else, but without these tasters, the child is likely to grow up being a very picky eater.

Totally agree with everything you said Armanisgirl,especially the above.This girl was set up by the paper and it now looks like everything she commented on was blown out of proportion.She has lost 11stone so far so at least she is doing something for the good of her health .It cant be easy for her being abandoned by the father and left to care for her 3 kids alone.No way does she deserve to have her kids tooken away from her as one poster quoted.

Dadie
29-Apr-09, 19:46
My kids also spend half the day in various states of undress... lauren because she will take off her clothes ...one minute she would be dressed then you turn your back and the clothes are off...and Iona because she gets grotty and wet from eating and drinking (she wants to do it all herself)so its easier to strip her when eating as she is wipe clean:lol:

mums angels
29-Apr-09, 20:01
My kids also spend half the day in various states of undress... lauren because she will take off her clothes ...one minute she would be dressed then you turn your back and the clothes are off...and Iona because she gets grotty and wet from eating and drinking (she wants to do it all herself)so its easier to strip her when eating as she is wipe clean:lol:

I know how you feel on that one .. mine starts the day dressed, by dinner time shes down to a vest if not just the nappy :lol: Thankfully my 3 year old is now keeping on his clothes .. my mates used to joke that he didn't have any trousers as he never wore any around the house.

balto
29-Apr-09, 20:05
I know how you feel on that one .. mine starts the day dressed, by dinner time shes down to a vest if not just the nappy :lol: Thankfully my 3 year old is now keeping on his clothes .. my mates used to joke that he didn't have any trousers as he never wore any around the house.
lol, i have a three year old who does the same, struggles to keep his cloths on, if he goes for a pee the whole lot comes of, dread when he starts nursery/school.[lol]

butterfly
29-Apr-09, 20:10
BAZEYE,what's the colour of their skin got to do with it?[evil]

lister
29-Apr-09, 20:11

Well said and absolutely right.
Tabloids are now just as fictitious as a bedtime story ye cannot believe there angle.:mad:

Alice in Blunderland
29-Apr-09, 21:34

I take it you would call these two kids children off 'another third world enricher who has been granted a British passport,'

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/alice67/IMG_5846.jpg

armanisgirl
29-Apr-09, 21:37
awwwww they're soooooo cute! bet they can be wee monsters though lol. I know mine can be!

Alice in Blunderland
29-Apr-09, 21:41
awwwww they're soooooo cute! bet they can be wee monsters though lol. I know mine can be!

Yea they can be a right pair at times and spoilt rotten by their dad. In case he reads this later. ;)

butterfly
29-Apr-09, 21:49
They are lovely Alice,pretty in pink!

balto
29-Apr-09, 21:58
they are lovely alice, but if they are like my 4 looks can be very decieving[lol]
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/739/1020328.th.jpg (http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1020328.jpg)

Alice in Blunderland
29-Apr-09, 22:01
they are lovely alice, but if they are like my 4 looks can be very decieving[lol]
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/739/1020328.th.jpg (http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1020328.jpg)

Aww theyre lovely.............and probably a handfull. :D

Bazeye
29-Apr-09, 22:05
Just mentioning that bogus asylum seekers and illegal immigrants do father children here so they can stay. It does happen you know. And notice I put "bogus" and "illegal" and the woman in question didnt appear to be the sharpest pencil in the box and was probably more gullible than most to be swept off her feet. Thats all.

balto
29-Apr-09, 22:10
Aww theyre lovely.............and probably a handfull. :D
oh the one in the red is the worse lol. wouldnt be happy if he wasnt getting into trouble.

armanisgirl
29-Apr-09, 22:16
yes Bazeye, that does happen, just as it happens that women from other countries 'get' pregnant to British men to do the same, but that is not what the issue was about with this thread. She may very well have been 'swept off her feet' by the boy next door! It really doesn't matter who the children's father is, nor his nationality - he is just another man to father children and, for whatever readon, is no longer with their mother. Nothing in the reports say that the children have no contact with him that I noticed. But it is irrellevant really. What is relevant to the main reactions on this thread is whether this woman is 'a bad mother' or whether the media has over-hyped something that many, if not most, parents do - give their kiddies tastes of 'junk food'. The woman's intelligence regarding choice of partner isn't really relevant either. A comment relating to the skin colour of the children or their father becomes a racial issue, and god only knows, there's enough racism in the world as it is, and not in the slightest relevant to the original post.

Bazeye
29-Apr-09, 22:22
She was with the father for 5 months. No contact since then.

balto
29-Apr-09, 22:24
dont mean to be rude, but how on earth did they manage it, and please no stating the obvious lol.[lol]

armanisgirl
29-Apr-09, 22:26
Ahhhh the great imagination must be used for that one Balto! ;)

balto
29-Apr-09, 22:28
Ahhhh the great imagination must be used for that one Balto! ;)
and some mighty good scafolding poles lol.

armanisgirl
29-Apr-09, 22:31
not gonna go there! :x But they did say on GMTV that she had to go on a steel reinforced table/bed thing for the delivery! Must have been quite embarressing for her. Hope she keeps on going with the weight loss, she seemed quite uncomfortable when Dr Hilary mentioned it.

balto
29-Apr-09, 22:35
not gonna go there! :x But they did say on GMTV that she had to go on a steel reinforced table/bed thing for the delivery! Must have been quite embarressing for her. Hope she keeps on going with the weight loss, she seemed quite uncomfortable when Dr Hilary mentioned it.
read the full story in closer mag and it is just shocking, she is making a rod for her own back, and on gmtv she kept insiting it was to give them a chance to eat different textures, well doesnt she know there is more food textures to feel than junk food.

mrs and mr brown
29-Apr-09, 23:19
what a shocking story..... each child is differnet, i dont agree with the weaning age because someone cant say that a baby cant eat untill 6months when at 4 months they are starving, thats what happened to my little monster { woops angel} lol, only a monther and father can agree when its best for there child to start eating....

as for this iddiot of a person, should she not be trying to do whats best for her children by saying to them yes im carring extra weight however do i want my children to grow up with the same attatude to food as the same as me?????? she isnt doing anything to set a good example,

surly as a mother myself we only want the best for our children and by that way we try to teach them our mistakes what ever they are and help them by making better ones no matter what size they are.

now im not sitting here on a throne or anything and i am not trying to sound to judgemental here but children should eat a wide range of food, you dont have to be a wiz in the kitchen but its not hard when ur in a supermarket to pic up some fruit and veg and encourage them to try them, children look up to other children and to us adults for encouragement and to do the best we can for them.
theres nothing wrong with giving children sweets and maybe a takeaway or a micro meal once in a while my little girl she sometimes gets a quick meal for her dinner about 1 a week, but hey thats ok cause sometime when ur home after a really busy day cleaning the house, walking the dog, going to work and at the end of the day the last thing u wanna do is stand in the lovely clean kitchen and cook so it a quick dinner for us all!!! lol. but when thats all the children are eating thats so shocking. however they arent children there little babies/toddlers and thats all they are eating, when they should be eating a awful lot better.
now i know that shes a single mother and that shes got three on her hand but she has her mother and brother there, so with my maths {which aint that good} thats 1 child to 1 adult or have i that wrong?????? no!!!

Dadie
29-Apr-09, 23:23
they look like butter wouldnt melt....
but just think of the devilment waiting to surface:lol:
My 2 are nearly 3 and a smidgen off of 1!
and chaos reins in this house:lol:

mrs and mr brown
29-Apr-09, 23:30
she is making a rod for her own back, and on gmtv she kept insiting it was to give them a chance to eat different textures, well doesnt she know there is more food textures to feel than junk food.

whats this rod??? oh what a lod of rubbish,
storys like this really get on my nerves,...
now i take it that shes doesnt work so is it us tax payers that are paying for her to treat her kids this way??? now surley with all the money that she spend on junk food she can go to tescos or somewhere and get cheap healthy fruit and veg?????

utterly disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!

starry
30-Apr-09, 00:43
whats this rod??? oh what a lod of rubbish,
storys like this really get on my nerves,...
now i take it that shes doesnt work so is it us tax payers that are paying for her to treat her kids this way??? now surley with all the money that she spend on junk food she can go to tescos or somewhere and get cheap healthy fruit and veg?????

utterly disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know many mother of 8 month old triplets who do work.

Did you read the link to the article I posted or did you see her on GMTV ?

She has lost 11 stone, which I think it pretty good, she doesn't feed her children a constant diet of junk food, the paper put it's own slant on her story to sell papers.

mrs and mr brown
30-Apr-09, 11:47
I don't know many mother of 8 month old triplets who do work.

Did you read the link to the article I posted or did you see her on GMTV ?

She has lost 11 stone, which I think it pretty good, she doesn't feed her children a constant diet of junk food, the paper put it's own slant on her story to sell papers.

i read it in the paper and the internet, it doesnt matter if the sun paper has made things up to sell papers the story still sickenes me to no end!!!!

thats really good that she has lost all that weight because at her size that she was she was going to end up leaving her children motherless, the fact that she got to that size putting her life at risk and costing the working people in the country {myself and my husband included} to much money to keep her and her children in this way shocks me so much.

yes i know that if a woman has triplets she will be kept very busy with everything, however she isnt alone raising them all by herself she has her mother and brother to help her, it also dosnt say that shes on leave or has worked before having her children the fact of the matter is that she proberley was claming that she couldnt work due to her size ect before she had the children. now there are lods of familys that have 3/4 what ever amount of children and they work, they find away that suits them yes its hard but they dont sponge of us tax payers, but none of them work!!!!!

_Ju_
30-Apr-09, 17:00

So then that shoots your own (racist) theory out of the water. They don't throw British passports at absentee fathers, do they?

JAWS
01-May-09, 03:20
Ignore him _Ju_, the points Bazeye is making are totally unconnected to the thread and are, in fact, nothing more than prejudicial rubbish.

The thread, which everybody else appears to have the intelligence to have noticed, is about how the mother in bringing up and feeding her babies. All the guesswork and innuendo about either her or her children's ethnic origins or, for that matter anything about how or by who she became pregnant, is totally irrelevant and more akin to wishful thinking and outright fantasising than anything which contributes to the thread.

My opinion on the subject in hand, for what it’s worth, is that the woman needs help, support and an awful lot of guidance concerning her mothering skills. Simply putting her in the pillory so people can throw things at her is going to change nothing.

From the bits I have gleaned from what has been said here I get the impression that she is not being intentionally heedless about how to feed her babies properly but more that her own upbringing has led her to believe that she is doing the right thing.
Whilst her actions may seem stupid and outrageous to us if that is all she has ever known then she will simply accept it as the norm because she knows no other way.

Her actions are obviously wrong but that seems to be more from a complete lack of knowledge than anything else.

Aaldtimer
01-May-09, 03:42
Ignore him _Ju_, the points Bazeye is making are totally unconnected to the thread and are, in fact, nothing more than prejudicial rubbish.

The thread, which everybody else appears to have the intelligence to have noticed, is about how the mother in bringing up and feeding her babies. All the guesswork and innuendo about either her or her children's ethnic origins or, for that matter anything about how or by who she became pregnant, is totally irrelevant and more akin to wishful thinking and outright fantasising than anything which contributes to the thread.

My opinion on the subject in hand, for what it’s worth, is that the woman needs help, support and an awful lot of guidance concerning her mothering skills. Simply putting her in the pillory so people can throw things at her is going to change nothing.

From the bits I have gleaned from what has been said here I get the impression that she is not being intentionally heedless about how to feed her babies properly but more that her own upbringing has led her to believe that she is doing the right thing.
Whilst her actions may seem stupid and outrageous to us if that is all she has ever known then she will simply accept it as the norm because she knows no other way.

Her actions are obviously wrong but that seems to be more from a complete lack of knowledge than anything else.

No Jaws, I think YOU are being sucked into the Sun's version of the story, which is typical tabloid rubbish. Accentuate all the negative points and sensationalise the story.

Kodiak
02-May-09, 16:08
No Jaws, I think YOU are being sucked into the Sun's version of the story, which is typical tabloid rubbish. Accentuate all the negative points and sensationalise the story.

I agree, The Sun is not exactly known for its Impartial Reporting, take any of their articles with a large pinch of salt.