PDA

View Full Version : WHS closing at 12 tomorrow?

rfr10
02-Mar-06, 22:05
If the High School is closing again at 12pm tomorrow then whats the point in going in?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Mar-06, 22:42
I totally agree with you Robin.Especially for the younger one's.

ESR
02-Mar-06, 22:44
I think that message was meant for today 2nd March. When the school logs onto the site to enter information the date automatically comes up for the next day and may not have been noticed until too late!! Once entered it can't be changed. The others entered for Caithness may be the same.

angela5
02-Mar-06, 23:36
I think that message was meant for today 2nd March. When the school logs onto the site to enter information the date automatically comes up for the next day and may not have been noticed until too late!! Once entered it can't be changed. The others entered for Caithness may be the same.

No that message is correct..
I was just listening to Caithness FM and they announced that North school is closed..South school kids can go in until 12.15pm..Wick high you can go in until 12..Thrumster school is closed and Canisby..

unicorn
02-Mar-06, 23:38
was there any word on Thurso schools?? or do I have to hang around the radio all morning again :(

nancypotter45
02-Mar-06, 23:39

No it is correct. There is a post on home page on .org about it was also on Caithness FM. I'm not bothering putting my 3 to school tomorrow - have a long-lie instead (as if!!)

krieve
02-Mar-06, 23:42
I am not going to put my boy to school either. well we will see on second thoughts lol

unicorn
02-Mar-06, 23:47
But if you don't put them in and the school opens wont it be marked down as an unauthorised absence?

angela5
02-Mar-06, 23:47
was there any word on Thurso schools?? or do I have to hang around the radio all morning again :(

Sorry Unicorn no mention of Thurso..Keep an eye on the link and your ear to the radio..:lol:

ice box
02-Mar-06, 23:49
i dont see the point of putting the kids to school for 3 hours its friday and it's snowing iam going to let mines stay off as well coz the snow aint going to last for ever the time they get there it will be time for leaving again

angela5
02-Mar-06, 23:50
But if you don't put them in and the school opens wont it be marked down as an unauthorised absence?

Yes half a day..Thats not bad if their usually at school..I don't think they will have much of a work programme on.

unicorn
02-Mar-06, 23:53
No point in checking the council link lol I have thoroughly given up on it, it doesn't even list half the schools after they have closed????

angela5
02-Mar-06, 23:55
No point in checking the council link lol I have thoroughly given up on it, it doesn't even list half the schools after they have closed????

Waist of time then..maybe some kind orger listening to morayfirth in the morning will post on all the schools closed unicorn..:)

unicorn
02-Mar-06, 23:57
What I hate is when you listen for 2 hours and at the crucial moment someone shout "MUM I can't find any socks" grrrrrr

Venture
02-Mar-06, 23:58
Maybe Caithness FM took their information from the home page here. Seems strange taking children in until 12 o'clock, According to the Snow section on MFR Wick High School is open tomorrow. It dosent mention anything about closing early.

angela5
02-Mar-06, 23:58
What I hate is when you listen for 2 hours and at the crucial moment someone shout "MUM I can't find any socks" grrrrrr

[lol] hee..hee.. typical children....

unicorn
03-Mar-06, 00:01
mfr's last update was 8.35am though

angela5
03-Mar-06, 00:02
Maybe Caithness FM took their information from the home page here. Seems strange taking children in until 12 o'clock, According to the Snow section on MFR Wick High School is open tomorrow. It dosent mention anything about closing early.

Very strange indeed Venture..:confused: maybe they are taking the kids in for a few hours to lessen the amount of snowballs thats going to get thrown around tomorrow again..[lol] [lol]

angela5
03-Mar-06, 00:03
mfr's last update was 8.35am though

Yes that homepage has remained the same all day..

alice
03-Mar-06, 00:07
I know the Thrumster message was meant for today, as it was not until I posted the info that I realised that tomorrows date was there automatically. A decision as to whether the school will be open or closed will not be made until the Friday morning. I'll learn to be more careful in future when making a post. I did try to get it deleted but unfortunately as you can see did not succeed.

unicorn
03-Mar-06, 00:10
It's probably easier to post it here in a dedicated thread in the morning as we all hear it, The information is easy to find that way :)

Venture
03-Mar-06, 00:10
You are right about MFR it does refer to today and hasnt been updated as you said since this morning. I think Alice's posting is proof that the HRC website does refer to todays closures. We will just have to get up early and listen to the radio or phone the adverse weather line.

angela5
03-Mar-06, 00:12
I know the Thrumster message was meant for today, as it was not until I posted the info that I realised that tomorrows date was there automatically.

Why has tomorrows date gone up today then, what time did you post on the thrumster closure? Sorry alice i am just curious..as caithness fm said tonight that it was closed and yes school closures don't get decided until that morning..we might wake up tomorrow with glorious sunshine:roll:

alice
03-Mar-06, 00:16
I posted the notice at about 11.45am today. But I think the safest thing for all of us to do is wait until morning and telephone the school information line that is issued to all schools.

angela5
03-Mar-06, 00:17
Maybe Caithness FM took their information from the home page here.

Hope not..many parents that would of been tuning into caithness fm tonight to listen to the great music they play...hearing that the schools are closed they would tell their kids..."ok kiddies no school in the morn stay in bed all morning"..How disappointing for them then to be woken up at 8am..

connieb19
03-Mar-06, 00:20
I posted the notice at about 11.45am today. But I think the safest thing for all of us to do is wait until morning and telephone the school information line that is issued to all schools.You didn't post anything earlier today...:confused: am I going dottled or is it you?[para]

angela5
03-Mar-06, 00:21
I posted the notice at about 11.45am today. But I think the safest thing for all of us to do is wait until morning and telephone the school information line that is issued to all schools.

Right..thats terrible that the date was changed so early..its so confusing for parents..:confused:

alice
03-Mar-06, 09:19
Ah well, my post will stand Thrumster school is to be closed today (Friday) after all. I think the majority that had posted are closed but again the best idea is to ring the school adverse weather line for each individual school but I know Wick High School is also closed today.