PDA

View Full Version : Sibling Rivalry and Coal bunkers

scorrie
28-Apr-09, 20:44
My Wife was a late child and, as a consequence, was some 15 years younger than the youngest of her siblings. After her Father died, the Brother in question wanted to rule the roost. There were numerous spats as he tried to stamp his authority, often after him consuming the lager he was so partial to.

One Summer's eve, after his work, he settled down outside on the coal bunker, enjoying the sun and a case of Carlsberg Special Brew. As the cans disappeared, his mood deteriorated and the barking of orders to Mum and Sister began. As he eventually tramped off to bed, my Wife reminded him he had left his jacket on the coal bunker. A stream of expletives followed, indicating his lack of interest in this fact. "I hope it rains overnight", was my Wife's reply.

The following Morning was a beautiful sunny one and our hero declared "The sun shines on the righteous" before donning his jacket and heading for the bus to work. Two minutes later, my Wife and her Mum heard him return at the front door, uttering some pretty foul language. "What's the matter with you?" they asked.

"Some dirty bar steward of a Cat has had a crap in the sleeve of my jacket, that's what's the matter!!"

To top it off, he missed the bus and got docked an hour's pay.

They say revenge is a dish best served cold. In this case a bit of steam still rising would just have been the cherry on an already delicious "Cake"

Alice in Blunderland
28-Apr-09, 23:31
A sweet momment between Alice and Weeboyagee.

Being my Older but not wiser brother ( I hasten to add) Weeboyagee passed his driving test before Alice.

Loving kind big brother agreed to co-drive Alice to work one day and he would take the car home.

I was sitting at the traffic lights in Wick a few cars back from the front as the light was red with the car in first gear. handbrake on and foot on the clutch as I had been taught. We were told only go into neutral if you are going to have to wait. :)

Weeboyagee then asked me to put the car in neutral and I explained no we are just going to be moving as I could see the green mannie for walk had gone to red. Put the car in neutral was his ahem polite reply. No I said adamant I was in the right.

Im passed my driving test and your not PUT the car in neautral was the reply I got.

I was shall we say fuming he had pulled rank like this and thought ooo Ill show you. As the lights turned to green and the cars started to move off Alice put the car into neutal as requested and smiled politely and got out the car waving goodbye to Weeboyagee . Get back in he was left shouting at me as he held up the traffic. No you wanted the handbrake on and the car in neutral was my reply. byyyeeee.:lol:

As said revenge is a dish best served cold..........but timing is also as important........................oh and yes it was the one and only time Weeboyagee co-drove Alice. ;)

horseman
29-Apr-09, 00:18
Wondered about scorries perambulations-Alice's missive recalled deep seated female determination,no way of arguing with that-wba-would be the first to agree
My own sibling rivalry does not bear to much daylight (some I won some I came 2nd.)
But mostly lovely memories.:)