PDA

View Full Version : road conditions

ice box
02-Mar-06, 21:31
Hi people does any one know what the roads are like heading south as iam off in the morning heading to inverness only thing is leaving at 5:30am dont think the gritters will be out what like are they tonight does any one know

thanks I.B :cry:

erli
02-Mar-06, 21:38
My friends left for Inverness at 6pm tonight, I talked to them on the phone just now and they are at Alness, the roads as far as Brora were not great, they had to drive at 30mph most of the way.

kas
02-Mar-06, 21:38
You can see the ord on this link.
http://www.trafficscotland.org/viewsOrd.asp

Click on the camera pic.

My Dad travelled up just a while ago, I think it was not too bad in most parts, but Berridale to Dunbeath wasnt very good at all.

angela5
02-Mar-06, 21:43
Hi people does any one know what the roads are like heading south as iam off in the morning heading to inverness only thing is leaving at 5:30am dont think the gritters will be out what like are they tonight does any one know

thanks I.B :cry:

My sister came up today she said some parts of the road were'nt great at all, Berridale was pretty bad.

More snow is forecasted for tonight ice-box..:(

ice box
02-Mar-06, 21:44
You can see the ord on this link.
http://www.trafficscotland.org/viewsOrd.asp

Click on the camera pic.

My Dad travelled up just a while ago, I think it was not too bad in most parts, but Berridale to Dunbeath wasnt very good at all.
Thanks kas just looked it does'nt look great just a pitty i have to go and work or i would'nt go .

kas
02-Mar-06, 21:48
Hope you a safe journey.

Zambo
02-Mar-06, 21:58
If you are in any doubt, then don't go, Ice Box. Or maybe try to leave a bit later in the morning, so the gritters have been out first.

It's just not worth the risk.

JAWS
02-Mar-06, 22:32
Ice box, it might be worth checking
http://www.trafficscotland.org/

pie2000
02-Mar-06, 22:45
The ord sure looks like fun just now eh Not!!

SJR
02-Mar-06, 23:25
I came uo from aviemore, and got home to wick just now.The road is ok from aviemore to golspie, from there to the north side of the ord is filling in a bit in places with drifting snow. On navidale a couple of lorries were stuck going north but it was more to do with ice as it wasnt filling in there.Berridale had hardly anything on it but between berridale and borgue it was filling in a bit as it was drifting there(as usual).
Ididnt have my own car(if i did i would have stopped by brora), i had a 4x4 so it was ok.Normally i would give it a try no matter how bad it was with my own car but its a joke in the snow. The truck i had was fine or a bit of sense in a front wheel drive and i would certanly go back south.

ice box
02-Mar-06, 23:33
I came uo from aviemore, and got home to wick just now.The road is ok from aviemore to golspie, from there to the north side of the ord is filling in a bit in places with drifting snow. On navidale a couple of lorries were stuck going north but it was more to do with ice as it wasnt filling in there.Berridale had hardly anything on it but between berridale and borgue it was filling in a bit as it was drifting there(as usual).
Ididnt have my own car(if i did i would have stopped by brora), i had a 4x4 so it was ok.Normally i would give it a try no matter how bad it was with my own car but its a joke in the snow. The truck i had was fine or a bit of sense in a front wheel drive and i would certanly go back south.
Thanks sjr i think i will leave a bit later and give the gritters a chance the boss wont be happy but tuff luck my life is more important than me being there on time for work lol