PDA

View Full Version : Missing Mummy

percy toboggan
28-Apr-09, 12:08
Quoting Gene Hunt "I don't think you should ever use the phrases "I have no problem sticking to my guns" or "I'll soldier on", they are deeply ironic from someone who could not hack RAF basic training because he missed Mummy, Football and the Beatles"

Mummy ( I always used the term Mum, or Mam actually) football and the Beatles were in my opinion far more important diversions than slogging around a parade ground at the behest of some loudmouth NCO. They certainly were in 1969.

You will have noted that I did in fact complete the basic part of the training way back in the midsts of time. The subsequent trade training was turn off though and I'd never climb aboard any aircraft I'd 'serviced'

My experience of watching 'Life on Mars' that hugely over-rated television series and trailers for its successor 'Ashes to Ashes' which I have never seen suggests you appear to have chosen your pseudonym well. At present you come across as an overtly macho , bullying individual in the style of the on-screen personna.

Your remarks are the proverbial water flowing off the back of the duck Mr.Hunt...oh! and the 'irony' you spotted was intentional with it's military connotations.

In closing - and I have to say this due to your precipitate action on closing the other thread - my words were ...and I paraphrase...
'my Son is not a killing machine' whatever interpretation you place upon those words is entirely up to you. Oh! and he loves his Mum, as did I.

We can carry this on if you wish for the entertainment of a few others, and you're welcome to come back at me if you wish. I'll be calling a truce after this though as I'm happy in any tit-for-tat exchange to be out- tatted, or titted...

Maternal irony aside.

If the mods are exasperated by it though I have no objections to the thread being lifted.