PDA

View Full Version : Postal Charges - Goods to the Highlands

secretsquirrel
28-Apr-09, 01:16
Can anyone explain to me why their are two postage rates for the Highlands?
i.e.
If you use parcel force for example it costs more to have an item sent to you in the Highlands than it costs to send the same item from the Highlands.

Kodiak
28-Apr-09, 01:20
This subject has been done to death over the past few months. It has been discussed and discussed so much that there is nothing more that can be said on the subject.

Matthew
28-Apr-09, 02:08
The postal charges up here are rediculous. Hopefully in the near future I will get a local auction website up and running which may help those that hate paying these frightful postal charges. Keep your eyes peeled!

emb123
28-Apr-09, 02:33
I often use senditnow.com who are a subsidiary of the Royal Mail. They have fixed rates for items up to 30kg and start around £10.99 for a delivery.

So far I have found them to be a fraction of the cost of other companies. Hope this helps.

Kodiak
28-Apr-09, 11:14
This is run by ParcelForce and although is under the Royal Mail Name it is run as a Seperate Company and not as part of Royal Mail.

Shabbychic
28-Apr-09, 11:22
Can anyone explain to me why their are two postage rates for the Highlands?
i.e.
If you use parcel force for example it costs more to have an item sent to you in the Highlands than it costs to send the same item from the Highlands.

That doesn't sound right at all. Why don't you contact them and ask for an explanation. :)

toodiemac
28-Apr-09, 11:28
I agree some companies charge way over the odds for postage, but I have to say that in my experience I have always been able to get the item from another company who doesn't. I don't know what it is you are ordering obviously, but maybe you could just shop around?

For example, John Lewis does free delivery for everything, and loads of companies just chanrge the same postage for anywhere in the country, even up here.