PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed Couple Live in a Garage

Kodiak
27-Apr-09, 22:41
A Kent Couple who have lost their Jobs and then teir Home have been forced to live in a Garage.

It is a sad state of affairs when this happens to anyone and now that the Garage owner has found out he is evicting them from the Garage as well.

Watch the Video here :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8020944.stm

EDDIE
27-Apr-09, 22:50
Its an absolute shame for it to happen to anyone it just goes to show you how easy it is to go from having a home to homeless and thats the thing with the uk there quite happy to give millions in aid to other countrys when they should be helping unfortunate people in the uk first for the year 2009 homeless should be a thing of the past

secretsquirrel
28-Apr-09, 01:08
This story is just the tip of the iceberg I am sure - the goverment either labour or conservative or SNP do nothing to help people in distress. They would rather give themselves some new expense to calim.

I wonder how this story sits with MSPs and MPs who have two houses one of which is paid for by the taxpayer?

Why can the Goverment not give loans direct to people in trouble so that they can keep their homes?

After all there is plenty of money to bail out banks.

Lingland
28-Apr-09, 08:03
At least they are showing inititive but surley a B&B for homeless would be better and warmer with some king of facilities. I wish them the best of luck

porshiepoo
28-Apr-09, 09:12
Does the council not have an obligation to put them into emergency accomodation?
If there's no council houses available then they can usually put them into a B&B until something comes up.

What a sad state of affairs this is. It's a shame they're not foreign really, they'd be set for life in this country then! [evil]

wee sparkle
28-Apr-09, 18:01
What an absolute shame :( i hope they find somewhere..

ciderally
28-Apr-09, 18:38
unless there is kids involved the council don't have to help anyone...is that right?
as you say in this day and age everyone should be housed....its a disgrace

Iffy
28-Apr-09, 18:40
Does the council not have an obligation to put them into emergency accomodation?
If there's no council houses available then they can usually put them into a B&B until something comes up.

What a sad state of affairs this is. It's a shame they're not foreign really, they'd be set for life in this country then! [evil]

SO, SO true porshiepoo ......[evil]

Alice in Blunderland
28-Apr-09, 18:40

Along with a good few home grown folks that dont seem to work nor want. ;)

Mrs Bucket
28-Apr-09, 18:51
I dont think anyone should want for lifes basics but there seems to be excess cash handouts where maybe a voucher system would be whats needede

Alice in Blunderland
28-Apr-09, 18:59
I dont think anyone should want for lifes basics but there seems to be excess cash handouts where maybe a voucher system would be whats needede

I would never be in favour of a voucher system. :)

This in my oppinion is quite humiliating. To some its a way of life to live on the system. To others its a temporary blip which will make them feel low enough as it is without taking away more dignity by making them use vouchers. :(

EDDIE
28-Apr-09, 19:02

Well i was thinking that as well but didnt want to be the first to say it but its true what you are say its just a pity they didnt own a caravan they could class themselves as a gypsy traveller and would be aloud to stay anywere
The banks could have sone more to help them out of there bad luck

Mrs Bucket
28-Apr-09, 19:12
It needn't be vouchers for all I did say a system