PDA

View Full Version : Sky insurers

Tom Cornwall
27-Apr-09, 08:44
Has anyone insured their Sky system with a company called 'Skylite Ensured'? any problems?

golach
27-Apr-09, 08:56
Has anyone insured their Sky system with a company called 'Skylite Ensured'? any problems?

Tom, check this out I think they are a scam, now they have hold of your address, you will get umpteen phone calls from them

http://www.bview.co.uk/listing/2014245/Skylite-Ensured-Ltd-in-SW16

sevenfortyseven
27-Apr-09, 09:45
no but i wish I had - sky+ box is making a high pitched whistling noise! Thought I would get used to it but no luck![evil]

Tom Cornwall
27-Apr-09, 13:56
Tom, check this out I think they are a scam, now they have hold of your address, you will get umpteen phone calls from them

http://www.bview.co.uk/listing/2014245/Skylite-Ensured-Ltd-in-SW16

I was a wee bit worried because of the quite bad reports about Skylite..I had taken out their insurance last November...but I had a fault with my box...I rang them on Thursday last and got through right away, they told me someone would ring and arrange an appointment either Friday or Monday..the engineer rang Saturday morning, mad appointment for between 9 and 11 on Monday(today)..he turned up around 10 ..adjusted the dish, updated the software on the Sky+, and generally checked the connections..and everything seems fine...and I didn't have to pay him anything..so perhaps the other people had a bad day

scorrie
27-Apr-09, 14:31
no but i wish I had - sky+ box is making a high pitched whistling noise! Thought I would get used to it but no luck![evil]

My advice is that Sky Insurance is a waste of good money. Forget the "Complete Peace of Mind" sales pitch.

I have had several problems with my Sky system and have always had it fixed by Sky free of charge, despite having no insurance. The magic words are:-

"Put me through to cancellations please"

Once you are through to cancellations, the first thing they ask is "Is there anything that has prompted your decision to cancel today?"

You then tell them the problem and that you cannot afford to pay for repair. Pretty soon you have an appointment for an engineer to visit and it is free of charge.

I had my dish blow right off the wall and it was supposed to be £65 for a repair, hello cancellations, goodbye £65 charge!!

When I purchased an HD box, the sales lassie insisted that there was £60 installation fee, a quick trip through to cancellations saw this fee waived and the engineer even popped a brand new dish up, free of charge, when he arrived to install my HD box!!

My Mum took my advice when her Sky remote packed in. They sent an engineer out with a replacement remote and even installed a new digibox at the same time.

sevenfortyseven
27-Apr-09, 14:43
My advice is that Sky Insurance is a waste of good money. Forget the "Complete Peace of Mind" sales pitch.

I have had several problems with my Sky system and have always had it fixed by Sky free of charge, despite having no insurance. The magic words are:-

"Put me through to cancellations please"

Once you are through to cancellations, the first thing they ask is "Is there anything that has prompted your decision to cancel today?"

You then tell them the problem and that you cannot afford to pay for repair. Pretty soon you have an appointment for an engineer to visit and it is free of charge.

I had my dish blow right off the wall and it was supposed to be £65 for a repair, hello cancellations, goodbye £65 charge!!

When I purchased an HD box, the sales lassie insisted that there was £60 installation fee, a quick trip through to cancellations saw this fee waived and the engineer even popped a brand new dish up, free of charge, when he arrived to install my HD box!!

My Mum took my advice when her Sky remote packed in. They sent an engineer out with a replacement remote and even installed a new digibox at the same time.

Nice one! Think i will give it a go!

lynne duncan
27-Apr-09, 14:51
hmmmm! i just had a phone call from someone informing me that my sky warranty was running out and that they could offer me a new insurance cover, strange i thought as we just got sky plus installed last month, so i said this to him and he hung up. now he just said that his name was matthew no mention of his companies name or nought, wonder if this was a scam group.!!!!