PDA

View Full Version : Indian Palace

Mik.M.
26-Apr-09, 22:30
A group of 6 of us went to the Indian Palace on saturday night. We arrived at 7pm and were told that we would not be able to get a table for 2 hrs. So we thought fair enough it`s saturday night and we didn`t book so we will go for a drink and return at 9pm.When we returned we were told we were late so our table was given away to another group. We said how can we be late when they told us what time to be back! Anyhow we were given a complimentry drink and told we would be seated as soon as possible. 9.45 we got a table,by now we were starving. Our starters arrived and the 4 of us that had ordered the prawn cocktail all said that there was too much sauce and not enough prawns.The bowls looked like pink soup! We called the "duty manager" over and explained our complaint. The offending bowls were taken away,we then awaited the main courses. 3 of us ordered chicken biryani,1 lamb biryani and 2 other dishes. There was not much chicken in the dish and the dish wasn`t very nice. We didn`t eat this either,the lamb diner ate his because he was so hungry but said he didn`t enjoy it. We asked to speak to the proprieter and they told us he was coming to see us. Some of us said that we were not going to pay as we hadn`t eaten anything. We were then told the police had been called. What does this say about thier customer service? Any way we paid up and left.2 of us then went over the road to Robins chippy because we needed food. We all said we would never go back to the Indian Palace again. We would have gone to the Taj Mahal in Castletown but someone burnt it down so we had no choice but to go to the Indian Palace. Hope the people from the Taj get back up and running soon as they were great. We miss them! Just to add 5 out of the 6 of us felt ill ,2 of these were sick. Environmental health will be getting a call on Monday.

Aaldtimer
27-Apr-09, 04:01
Mmmm...not good. I've only used this place for carry outs a few times and have been totally underwhelmed each time. Only went back in the hope it might have been off nights. But no, don't think I'll be giving them another chance.:confused

murr
27-Apr-09, 07:11
i was one of the six that was there the food was disgusting never really into indian food till tryed the casteltown one lovelly food and nice staff not like the manager in the indian palace the food has turned me against indian food it was that bad hurry up and open halkirk [disgust][disgust]

Rie
27-Apr-09, 10:18
I was appauled by the standard of food, and sevice, it would have been nice if for a start the "manager" had come when we asked for him rather than leaving the head waiter to deal with our complaints when it was clear he didnt understand us properly.
Then when we went to pay for the food that had been eaten that we had no problem with we were surround by other members /employees of the resturant making the whole situation of trying to come to some sort of agreement very intimidating.
I have worked in the resturant trade and if i had treated any customer complaints the way we were treated i would have been sacked!
The indian Palace will most certainly NOT be getting any more trade from me!!
HURRY UP ABS WE MISS YOUR GREAT FOOD AND HOSPITALITY!

twiglet
27-Apr-09, 21:10
I had a meal there too on Saturday night and was unimpressed to say the least. The food was very sub standard. Several of my party had D&V after. I wasn't too bad but have felt ill since with stomach pains and chronic acid indigestion. I won't be going there again.

The sooner Halkirk is up and running the better! The Taj Mahal was far superior.

ShelleyCowie
27-Apr-09, 21:14
I went to the Indian Palace once a few months after it opened. I was not too impressed to be honest. The food was bland, expensive and smelled off (i know indian food smells weird anyway).

I have never returned to there and never intend too. I do use the Shelina Spice in Ormlie (no transport to Taj Mahal so have never tasted the food) but the Shelina Spice does have good food.

hlly958
28-Apr-09, 04:01
i wouldnt eat at a lot of places in caithness after reading this. http://wwwold.highland.gov.uk/prots/eh-inspections/by-area/caithness-eh-establishments.htm

Amy-Winehouse
28-Apr-09, 20:35
a group of 6 of us went to the indian palace on saturday night. We arrived at 7pm and were told that we would not be able to get a table for 2 hrs. So we thought fair enough it`s saturday night and we didn`t book so we will go for a drink and return at 9pm.when we returned we were told we were late so our table was given away to another group. We said how can we be late when they told us what time to be back! Anyhow we were given a complimentry drink and told we would be seated as soon as possible. 9.45 we got a table,by now we were starving. Our starters arrived and the 4 of us that had ordered the prawn cocktail all said that there was too much sauce and not enough prawns.the bowls looked like pink soup! We called the "duty manager" over and explained our complaint. The offending bowls were taken away,we then awaited the main courses. 3 of us ordered chicken biryani,1 lamb biryani and 2 other dishes. There was not much chicken in the dish and the dish wasn`t very nice. We didn`t eat this either,the lamb diner ate his because he was so hungry but said he didn`t enjoy it. We asked to speak to the proprieter and they told us he was coming to see us. Some of us said that we were not going to pay as we hadn`t eaten anything. We were then told the police had been called. What does this say about thier customer service? Any way we paid up and left.2 of us then went over the road to robins chippy because we needed food. We all said we would never go back to the indian palace again. We would have gone to the taj mahal in castletown but someone burnt it down so we had no choice but to go to the indian palace. Hope the people from the taj get back up and running soon as they were great. We miss them! Just to add 5 out of the 6 of us felt ill ,2 of these were sick. Environmental health will be getting a call on monday.

Iffy
28-Apr-09, 20:49
Hi Amy,

You obviously know morse code - please enlighten us ?? :lol:

Mystical Potato Head
28-Apr-09, 21:16
Well i must be lucky then because ive never had a bad curry from the Indian palace,in fact had a Vindaloo on Sunday which was excellent as usual and i have eaten curries all over the place so i'm not a curry novice,had curries in Castletown and couldnt really separate the two.Used the Palace because its obviously more convenient living in Thurso and will continue to do so until i get a bad meal or bad service etc.
Shelley,what did you have that was bland?Strange to describe an Indian dish that way considering the different spices that usually go into them.
Ive no sympathy for you if you had a Korma though.:lol:.........Miknhev,i'm sorry you had a bad meal/service etc but why have a prawn cocktail as a starter in an Indian Restaraunt? when there are so many intersting indian starters..You can get a prawn cocktail anywhere.

scottish_willow
28-Apr-09, 22:03
I have been to the Indian palace a few times now, both for a sit down meal and as a take away. Must say their meals generally have been nice - last one didn't have as much flavour as to normal but will try again though. :D

dragonfly
28-Apr-09, 22:13
not doubting that you didn't enjoy your meal there but to give a balanced view, I have always found the Indian Palace very good for both sit down and takeaways and the staff are always pleasant in my opinion.

We've not had bad service or a bad meal from there and we go at least once a month when hubby is home on leave

hopefully it was just one bad weekend for them and they soon resume service as normal.

Hopefully Taj Mahal will be up and running again soon giving people a choice again

Mystical Potato Head
28-Apr-09, 22:42
I always like to go for my meals fairly early because if things are going to go wrong then a busy flat out Saturday night is probably sooner or later going turn into a bad one.Not making excuses for them though.No excuse for bad service EVER.

balto
28-Apr-09, 23:16
my god look what happened the last time a indian was discussed on the org.lets hope lightning doesnt strike twice lol.[lol][lol]

Amy-Winehouse
29-Apr-09, 08:28
Hi Amy,

You obviously know morse code - please enlighten us ?? :lol:

LOL, I was tipsy last night & I went to post where on earth was this lovely Indian that Im being recommended to avoid- but as I posted I read through it a bit more thorough & noticed Thurso . Doh!!