PDA

View Full Version : little niggles

balto
26-Apr-09, 19:27
At work today i got really wound, putting some juice in the chiller and OMG folk cant put things in a straight line, it really got on my goat, how hard is it to line one bottle of juice in front of the other, in my eyes it was just laziness. so what little things niggle you.

Mr P Cannop
26-Apr-09, 19:32
you ok balto ?? what happend at work today ??

balto
26-Apr-09, 19:33
you ok balto ?? what happend at work today ??
just what i said, straight lines oh so easy to do.

Mr P Cannop
26-Apr-09, 19:35
oh ok how was work apart from that ??

poppett
26-Apr-09, 19:44
know what you mean Balto. Have all my cupboard contents lined up straight. My friend who works in a DIY shop goes round straightening things up all the time, and I find myself doing that in shops when i pick up an item i put the rest in order.

Ash
26-Apr-09, 19:59
At work today i got really wound, putting some juice in the chiller and OMG folk cant put things in a straight line, it really got on my goat, how hard is it to line one bottle of juice in front of the other, in my eyes it was just laziness. so what little things niggle you.

so are you saying when someone decides they dont want something they are put it back in perfectly in a straight line, coz i will hold my hands up and say i dont do it..

balto
26-Apr-09, 20:17
so are you saying when someone decides they dont want something they are put it back in perfectly in a straight line, coz i will hold my hands up and say i dont do it..
no not the customers but the staff that puts it out to start with

Fluff
26-Apr-09, 20:19
Balto, I know what you mean. I was ready for walking out of work on Saturday and did lose it at one point with the staff. You try your best for nothing sometimes!

alex
26-Apr-09, 23:29
But sometimes it goes too far ... like stacking up things at the front of a shelf so I have to fiddle to extract a tin of tuna or tomatoes from behind the price tag thingies or whatever only to discover acres of empty space behind on the apparently full shelf.

And then, before anyone else notices this frightful secret some store employee rushes up to plug the hole I left [lol]

Rheghead
26-Apr-09, 23:37
I was stood behind a wifie in the co-op who spent an overly inordinate amount of time and care at neatly stacking her groceries on the conveyer belt, everything had to be just so and adjusted at least 3 times to look aesthetically pleasing before the checkout person bleeped the item through. I'm usually a very patient person and I was still holding up but that niggled me.

poppett
27-Apr-09, 13:26
Nice to have met you Rheghead............(joke). I am not that bad, but if I can I put the goods on the conveyor in the order they get packed to go home. Dad`s shopping into blue bags, mine into black so i don`t have to unpack the lot to find his. If I am doing this whilst someone else is being served I will let the person behind me go ahead rather than get flustered. Stressful stuff this "hunter gatherer "work, which was intended from the cave man era to be man`s work, not woman.

Invisible
27-Apr-09, 13:55

little niggles, things in straight lines as you and also i like things to be symmetrical

grumpy1
27-Apr-09, 17:58
no not the customers but the staff that puts it out to start with

i get yr drift hun but whats even more annoying is when they cant put the old ones to the front .. so date rotation goes out the window..