PDA

View Full Version : And whats wrong with that!

ShelleyCowie
25-Apr-09, 23:18
So, my 21st is coming up (Poo)

My OH keeps asking me what i want for my 21st (engagement ring is a no go, he doesn't want to associate my bday with our engagement, i agree!)

So i replied "a henry hoover please"

What a dirty look i get when i say that! I get gurned at for asking for a henry hoover!

What is wrong with that i will say. So he says im not getting a hoover for my 21st bday!

But really...whats wrong with that?! :confused

I have always wanted a henry hoover! :(

joxville
25-Apr-09, 23:21
It sucks, doesn't it. [lol]

Fluff
25-Apr-09, 23:22
LOL Shelly, that is odd..

What about a desktop one..
http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/henry-the-hoover/index.html?&gclid=CJTk4s6IjZoCFRiT3wodjA0vFA

wifie
25-Apr-09, 23:22
Shelley if you have always wanted one then that is a great present! It should last for years too - so I think it is well cool if that is what you would like! :D

anneoctober
25-Apr-09, 23:26
Shelley, now what have you got against George Hoover?! [lol]

wifie
25-Apr-09, 23:28

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/henry-the-hoover/index.html?&gclid=CJTk4s6IjZoCFRiT3wodjA0vFA

LOL! You have to put that in the jaffa cakes thread too! [lol]

ShelleyCowie
25-Apr-09, 23:28
It sucks, doesn't it. [lol]

Yes, yes it does!

Yeah i seen them before! But its still a no from him!

Shelley if you have always wanted one then that is a great present! It should last for years too - so I think it is well cool if that is what you would like! :D

Exactly! But he said a hoover is not for a 21st! My hoover i have just now is absolute pants!! Maybe if he used it once in a while he would understand! its an upright and its doesnt work like that, i have to go around with the wee hosey thing! Not amused!

Shelley, now what have you got against George Hoover?! [lol]

Henry hoover just rolls off your tongue better!

anneoctober
25-Apr-09, 23:33
My OH is called George and he dizna hoover either [lol]
What aboot anither tatt for your 21st ?;)

joxville
25-Apr-09, 23:33
One of my mates works in the factory where they are made.

ShelleyCowie
25-Apr-09, 23:37
My OH is called George and he dizna hoover either [lol]
What aboot anither tatt for your 21st ?;)

Ohhhh another tattoo!! There is an idea, but he will likely say no to that too! Lol. He said it has to be 'oober' special! :confused

Whats that supposed to mean! A ferarri! Yes please!

Anne x
25-Apr-09, 23:37

My OH keeps asking me what i want for my 21st (engagement ring is a no go, he doesn't want to associate my bday with our engagement, i agree!)

What a dirty look i get when i say that! I get gurned at for asking for a henry hoover!

What is wrong with that i will say. So he says im not getting a hoover for my 21st bday!

Nothing Really they work Henry Hoover works Brilliantly but your 21st only comes once in a girls life go on go out on a limb SB when your my age your no gonna say to your offspring I got a hoover for my 21st
I have wonderful memories of mine so very special loads of presents loads of parties loads of love
you sure you are not wanting that engagement ring ? be better than a hoover

ShelleyCowie
25-Apr-09, 23:41
Nothing Really they work Henry Hoover works Brilliantly but your 21st only comes once in a girls life go on go out on a limb SB when your my age your no gonna say to your offspring I got a hoover for my 21st
I have wonderful memories of mine so very special loads of presents loads of parties loads of love
you sure you are not wanting that engagement ring ? be better than a hoover

Oh no, no engagement ring yet. That comes in the autumn! ;) lol

i just dont want him spending over the odds on me. I never know what i want for my bday. And he hates surprising me because he never knows what to get me! I have everything i need.

Could do with a new toaster now i think on it! [lol]

kitty
25-Apr-09, 23:43
Well Shelley i see your point. Theres nothing wrong with getting a present that you actually want, no matter how practical it might be, it doesn't matter as long as you want it. But.........................

I also see you oh's point as well, he wants to get you something that is personal and just for you, you can imagine what other ppl would say to him when they asked him what he got you for your 21st and he pipes up and says 'a henry hoover'.............. lol, could you imagine the reaction he would get [lol][lol]

Fluff
25-Apr-09, 23:43
Treat yourself! do something nice, get a massage or a pamper day at a salon or spa.
It should be something memorable (in a good way though)

Anne x
25-Apr-09, 23:54
Oh no, no engagement ring yet. That comes in the autumn! ;) lol

i just dont want him spending over the odds on me. I never know what i want for my bday. And he hates surprising me because he never knows what to get me! I have everything i need.

Could do with a new toaster now i think on it! [lol]

Lol SB you never cease to amaze whatever awaits you good luck

Vistravi
26-Apr-09, 00:36
Ah men Shelley:roll:

I'm getting my 21st tattoo as a present from my mum and from myself. My mum didn't know what to get me either and was gona give me money so she decided she'd put it towards my tattoo lol

Lord knows what my partner is planning. mind you for his birthday i did get him something quite small but quite fun. He loved it as i knew he would lol. Have pm you what i got him, lol its not for children's eyes;)

Ah you're oh will come round as long as you make it very very very clear that you want it that badly. Think the henry hoovers are quite cool actually myself:cool:

Aaldtimer
26-Apr-09, 03:00
Ohhhh another tattoo!! There is an idea, but he will likely say no to that too! Lol. He said it has to be 'oober' special! :confused

Whats that supposed to mean! A ferarri! Yes please!

How's about a Kirby then!;)

EDDIE
26-Apr-09, 07:36

He is quite right more of a things like a hoover or any thing for a house hold isnt a gift its something u need and just buy a gift is something more personal a luxury item that u would not normally buy but wouldnt mind it

rockchick
26-Apr-09, 08:01
While a hoover isn't a traditional 'luxury' gift (lord knows what I'd say to my hubby if he dared buy me one for my birthday!!!) if this is what you really want, you could point out to your boyfriend that he'd be giving you something that you would use everyday, and be thinking of him everytime you used it. So it's the gift that keeps on giving!

percy toboggan
26-Apr-09, 10:09
You sound like a practical woman.
If he can stretch to a Dyson I'd say go for it.
The difference in performance is marked.

balto
26-Apr-09, 11:43
One of my mates works in the factory where they are made.
hey joxs you could get shelley a discount on her henry hoover lol.

balto
26-Apr-09, 11:47
You sound like a practical woman.
If he can stretch to a Dyson I'd say go for it.
The difference in performance is marked.
agree percy dysons are by far the best hoover, my oh bought our last on a bissel and it is the worst ever.

must say i would be with shelley on this, why get something yu are never going to hardly use, when you could get something more practical lek a hoover, me i want a food processor or a deep fat fryer for my bday when it comes round.[lol][lol]

ShelleyCowie
26-Apr-09, 12:45
He is still saying no to a hoover!

But a salon/spa day does not sound half bad actually! Might ask him to pay for me to get my hair done all nice too for going out for a meal that night! I have never been to a beauty place to get a massage or have my nails done so that might be a nice treat!

(a hoover wouldn't go a miss aswell though lol)

ShelleyCowie
26-Apr-09, 12:47
agree percy dysons are by far the best hoover, my oh bought our last on a bissel and it is the worst ever.

must say i would be with shelley on this, why get something yu are never going to hardly use, when you could get something more practical lek a hoover, me i want a food processor or a deep fat fryer for my bday when it comes round.[lol][lol]

Oh i got a smart new deep fat fryer for my bday last year from my mum! its awsome! hardly use it now though. Maybe once a week. But its still smart!

And i wanted a new food processor too but the one i want is about £90 :eek:

teenybash
26-Apr-09, 12:53
I think you should have your Henry hoover......the one I have is still going strong after umpteen years but, also have a special gift as a memento of such a special birthday............something in gold that will last a lifetime..locket, pendant, bangle, bracelet, earrings............a little thing that in years to come will still look bright and new.:)

woofit
26-Apr-09, 13:03
I agree with teenybash, a wee bit of bling is a good idea, something you can cherish :-) and bagless hoovers are definately the way forward, but not for a 21st birthday present..you are far too young for 'sensible' presents lol.

Fluff
26-Apr-09, 13:40
Get a full body Swedish massage. Oh god its gooood!

Bazeye
26-Apr-09, 14:01
If I got my OH a hoover for her birthday, I could just imagine myself in intensive care trying to explain how a hoover nozzle ended up.......you can guess the rest.:eek:

ShelleyCowie
26-Apr-09, 14:02
I think you should have your Henry hoover......the one I have is still going strong after umpteen years but, also have a special gift as a memento of such a special birthday............something in gold that will last a lifetime..locket, pendant, bangle, bracelet, earrings............a little thing that in years to come will still look bright and new.:)

Ohhh jewelry! Nice idea! Might get a new necklace. He got me one out or aurora for the first birthday i was with him. Its a bit wrecked now with athrun pulling at it!

I agree with teenybash, a wee bit of bling is a good idea, something you can cherish :-) and bagless hoovers are definately the way forward, but not for a 21st birthday present..you are far too young for 'sensible' presents lol.

Sensible....me....never! :Razz I just thought a henry i would get good use out of!

Get a full body Swedish massage. Oh god its gooood!

Whats the difference between a swedish one and normal? I really have no idea! lol!

Fluff
26-Apr-09, 18:47
I find a swedish massage works and relaxes your muscles, good for getting rid of knots. For a really relaxing massage an aromatherapy massage is amazing!

ShelleyCowie
26-Apr-09, 19:54
I find a swedish massage works and relaxes your muscles, good for getting rid of knots. For a really relaxing massage an aromatherapy massage is amazing!

Oh i might have to get one of these massages! Sounds good! Have never had a massage before :Razz

Fluff
26-Apr-09, 20:00
If you do go for one try to relax. When they do a full body you are only in your undies (Bra untied) with a towel over your bum/upper thighs. When the masseuse rubs your legs he/she will go quite high which can alarm some people but once you get used to it it is fine. Also if you are sensitive about certain areas (I don't like my tummy being touched) it is ok to request for it not to be done.
Just tell them at the start you have never had one done before. Oh and don't feel you have to talk if you don't want to.

ShelleyCowie
26-Apr-09, 21:02
If you do go for one try to relax. When they do a full body you are only in your undies (Bra untied) with a towel over your bum/upper thighs. When the masseuse rubs your legs he/she will go quite high which can alarm some people but once you get used to it it is fine. Also if you are sensitive about certain areas (I don't like my tummy being touched) it is ok to request for it not to be done.
Just tell them at the start you have never had one done before. Oh and don't feel you have to talk if you don't want to.

Oh no no no no no! lol. Dont know if i am comfortable with that! Think i will stick to a back massage only! Lol! Dont like my legs on show or anything! :eek:

sevenfortyseven
26-Apr-09, 21:22
Can't beat a Henry. If he won't get you one refuse to do hoovering for a while and see if he breaks:lol:

sweetpea
26-Apr-09, 22:39
I'd get the hoover if you want one, doesn't have to be your birthday. Get him to pamper you.

ShelleyCowie
27-Apr-09, 14:21
Hmmmm i will put some more ideas across to him and see if i can still slip in a hoover! Worth a try. Hehe.