PDA

View Full Version : Have you run a Marathon?

rockchick
25-Apr-09, 22:59
Are there many people on the Org that have run a Marathon? How many would like to?

I'm training to run one later this year, and am finding it fun, but a bit tough at the moment. Is it really as fulfilling as people say it is, once it's done?

joxville
25-Apr-09, 23:01
*Never run one but I've eaten plenty. :)

*Note to younger orgers: Snickers used to be called Marathon

jock leith
25-Apr-09, 23:40
Are there many people on the Org that have run a Marathon? How many would like to?

I'm training to run one later this year, and am finding it fun, but a bit tough at the moment. Is it really as fulfilling as people say it is, once it's done?
I have not run a full marathon,but years ago there were two races during Gala week in Wick.One was for 18 years and over and started at John O Groats and finished at the old Police Station on Bridge St.The one I was allowed to run in was the junior version and started in Keiss to the same finishing spot,I finished 3rd in 1966/67 won 2 pounds and got a medal from the Queen Mother who used to attend most events in those days.A shame a lot of events that were popular years ago are now banned under health & safety.Good luck with your preperation and best of luck with your run
JL

Fluff
25-Apr-09, 23:42
I have a bit of an aversion to exercise but I admire marathon runners etc.. a lot

My OH family are into alittle, his brother dad and brother in law have all run the Reading half marathon (his dad has done it a few times)
After seeing the discomfort (especially their nipples!!) don't think I could put myself through it

Tristan
26-Apr-09, 00:02
No. I am hoping to do a 10k (can't imagine doing a marathon). Good luck with your training and the run on the day!

mrs and mr brown
26-Apr-09, 11:39
oh i really in to running i run every night, really would love to do some sort of run for charity or just for fun with others sounds like it great fun,

i always here of people do this sort of thing but i can never get the details ect so i can take part :~(

for anyone whos doing runs for charity ect please let me know when theres ones on also phone numbers ect to phone about it, xxx

balto
26-Apr-09, 11:50
*Never run one but I've eaten plenty. :)

*Note to younger orgers: Snickers used to be called Marathon
changing the subject here lol, why do they do that change the names of sweets, what was wrong with arathon, and star bursts were opal fruits, oh those were the days[lol][lol]