PDA

View Full Version : My favourite bird.

Mother Bear
25-Apr-09, 22:31
Just got to work this morning......and also enjoying the radio 'Sounds of the 60's..Henry Mancini, theme from Romeo and Juliet'.........parked the car, and 4 goldfinches appeared from no-where and landed quite near to poke around for grubs. They are beautiful and def my fav little birds. Its funny they havent seen the birdfeeders about 50 yrd in the other direction...with peanuts and birdseed, altho I do know their tipple is the niger seed. I did try to grow some teasles to attract the goldfinches but I think the rabbits must have eaten the small plants. So, that was a lovely start to my day! Oh, another new comer to my feeders this week was a siskin. I'm trying to listen, remember, and identify all the birds by their song. I think my favourite birdsong has to be the blackbird, closely followed by the robin, and then the song thrush. I'm so lucky to be working out in a garden all day and be serenaded by these delightful creatures.

Kenn
25-Apr-09, 22:54
Could n't agree more about goldfinches, they are like flying jewels, brighten up any day.
Like you have also been busy in the garden and the bird song especially towards dusk is quite amazing, never ceases to delight me.

WeeBurd
06-May-09, 22:08
We're awash with Goldfinches & Siskins out here just now - they're both charming wee birdies, and quite bold too!

Iffy
08-May-09, 14:05
We've just had a couple of male goldfinches in our back garden - couldn't agree more - what BEAUTIFUL wee birds - a lovely sight to see !!!:Razz